Ended
Watch

(1411) Meeting of the Mighty

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    E
    Ermac

It was his turn to arrange the meeting. At the Circle of Creation, Ermac arranged the four chairs. Ixidor, Faith, Leo, and Reverb had apparently vanished. The remainder of who he knew was still in town were invited: Sentinel-Provost Asp , Star , and Weavebreaker .

He planned to keep this fast. He had planned take them out for post-meeting revelry at a bar. Hopefully, the proceedings would be swift.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

[ri]http://37.media.tumblr.com/973761286b4a7b9b6127fa380fabb12a/tumblr_mrsip9FtxV1rg1nsqo1_500.jpg[/ri]"Hey." Weavebreaker said softly with a wave of her hand as she stepped into the room. A backpack was slung over her shoulder, though all she had in it was a hoodie in case she got chilly. She glanced around to the couple of seats that would make up the meeting area, but instead of asking the obvious question on numbers, she went with..."Guess I am early..."

"How ya doin'?" She asked Ermac as she dropped the backpack off of her shoulder and onto one of the chairs.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

A
    Asp

Asp blinked as she entered the room in her training regalia, sweat on her brow, tonfa on her hip, and a bit of confusion in her eyes. Her lips tightened.

"Hi, guys. So. Ermac?"

One hand landed on her hip. This was an Arrow thing. A point needed to be made.

"This is an Adamantine Arrow facility, man... gotta ask permission if you want to use it for this sorta thing, understand?" Security had been circumvented somehow. Who was the leak? What had happened?

She took a breath.

Relax...

"How'd you get in, anyway?"

The anxiety and stress bled away, and Asp's zen returned, along with a mildly expectant look to the Obrimos Councilor.

no derangement problems
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-06 00:40:07 Asp rolls 6 to Derangement (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 10, 8, 5, 10, 3 3 successes

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He blew into long fingers cupped around his mouth and rubbed them together. It was sixty degrees out there in the permafrost wasteland of Sacramento. What he needed? Another coat. And scarf. Maybe a beanie.

Gloves, definitely.

Whoah, awkward. He'd wondered, too. Why the Circle? He didn't like the Circle. It was Old School. A place he'd landed for a few nights, then left behind. Eyes widened slightly. He could lie, cover for Kent. Smooth it over. Say he Okayed it. So everyone could Get On With Their Lives. But he didn't. Wouldn't. Because caballie.

True Fact: You can't magic up Trust. Once it's gone, it's gone.

"Hey?" he lightly touched Asp's arm.

"Someone probably, you know, left the door open. Lotta people, like, in and out...,"
    he shrugged. No. Bigs. He tossed a look at Ermac. Dude. You Messed Up.

"But, uh, I'm, like, kinda short. On money. So, if we could, like, just stay here instead of going somewhere else...?"

An awkward wave because awkward moment, was flashed at Weavebreaker.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

E
    Ermac

The Councilor lowered his head shamefully in acknowledgement. It did not require a mind-reader to see the words "God damn it" written on his face. "I won't deny it, I made a poor decision. I should've asked first. I saw an open door and walked in. It won't happen again."

Ermac expelled a frustrated sigh. "I'm not trying to deflect or obfuscate anything here. I do owe an explanation. I was originally going to host at Byzantine. Much to my surprise, it's closed." He shrugged, "Reverb's been missing since September. It wouldn't surprise me if the city shut it down for not paying taxes. This was the next best option I thought of. In the future, I'll find a better place to meet up."

He didn't feel guilty telling them about the Byzantine. The news would've eventually circulated through the Awakened community anyway. Better they know now than later.

"I'd like to keep this meeting quick as I've got a spot reserved for us at the bar we went to after the last meeting we had here."

A
    Asp

Asp glanced at Star, smiled and nodded at him, then returned her gaze to the very long answer to a very short question.

Her hand came up.

A finger extended.

She waggled it. It was a signal that this wasn't a life-changing deal this time, but something had to be said.

"Ermac, you gotta watch that stuff, man. You're a Councilor. You enter the Guardian shop without permission, Ariadne might scramble your brain or something. You don't wanna find out." A little smile touched her lips. "Do the Order a little Favor in the future, and we'll call it the rent for the meeting space and call it square. Cool?"

It was about as fair an out as he was going to get, and the Arrow always needed little Favors.

"As for Reverb, I'm sorry. Did he leave any trace?"

People left, sometimes. Others, they died. Figuring out which was which was good.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Dang, yo.

Taxes? Closed? He'd seen Plissken get his car repo'ed, maybe it wasn't such a big surprise. But now he felt super guilty. Because Patron. Whatever. One bottle didn't close the club, right?

Brows furrowed slightly as he listened to Asp. Surprised? Maybe a little. Maybe not. Maybe because he'd never seen her do that, but he knew she did it with Ermon. Girl gets paid, yo. Strange, because it was new to him. Had she ever asked him for anything? He didn't think so. She always shared her Gatorade.

Cabals, yo. They're a thing.

Hands came up in a curious gesture, waiting for Ermac.
    - Roald Dahl

E
    Ermac

He had no means of extricating himself out of it. "Fine, a small favor the the future in exchange for renting the space tonight." Moving on.

"Reverb hasn't left any material as to where he went, nor has anyone reported anything about his disappearance." Ermac simply shook his head.

"Anyone have any good news?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I'm the Sharpest Wit In Sacramento!"

Arms were thrown up in triumph. Because Good News. He grinned. Yeah. Councilor Kent knew that, already, but, whatever.

"No, seriously, what's the happs? I mean, like, we got that one thing? With the Lines, but, you know,"
    he said, gesturing between Asp and himself. "Was there, like, something special? Or is this like one of those checking in temperature taking head count things? Guardian Angel Star! Reporting In!"

A hand reeled off a salute.

No, seriously, hopefully there was Business. Just because it would Totally Suck if Ermac just had to ante up for nothing.

Because texting. Standard data rates may apply.
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp gave Ermac a thumbs up about the Favor. No problems. It wasn't like she would've objected to the use of the space for free if he'd asked. Assuming it, though? That sort of thing had to be discouraged. The Adamantine Arrow's building was secure for a reason.

"I'll check in with the Sentinels and see if anybody's heard anything. You wanna ask the Libertines and get back to me on that? I'll see if we've got anybody who can toss a Scry on him and at least make sure he's alive and well."

Nobody could ever accuse Asp of not doing her job.

"Scelesti defeated, a competent and proper Council in place, a Lex that I suspect is better than the last one... I mean, honestly, it sounds like stuff's going pretty well right now." She gestured at Star. "He's the Sharpest Wit in Sacramento."

Very serious business was occurring here, tonight.

"How about you, boss? What's new?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.