Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(PRP) PwF - Looking at the Cabal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

Worried by the lack of communication with his favorite Obrimos of late, Miach decided to chance it, and walked to the Unbound Smoke's HQ in the wee hours of the morning, on the off-chance that he might find him. The Acanthus had a problem, a full-plate, and really needed a hand in this.

The doctor was unkempt, his eyes red, and his hands were slightly shaking. Night hours spent trying to save someone's skin, in both senses of the word, could do that to a man.

Ringing the bell, he waited, hoping that his luck wouldn't let him down.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

One of the pros of occupying half the freaking building is that you have a lot of say in security measures. Like, installing a camera to be able to see people at the door. A red light blinks when Ermon walks up to the small monitor in the penthouse. What he sees is one very tired Mage at the door downstairs. The speaker clicks near the door clicks, switching on.

"Hey, it's Ermon. Come on up, as far as the elevator will take you".

After the elevator's doors part, Miach will be faced by a somewhat sleep-deprived Warlock standing in front of a brick wall, blocking the hallway some five meters behind him. Apparently, the Cabal has been redecorating.

"Hi, Miach. Social or business?" - people normally call before social so it's probably business. The kind of business that made Miach forget how to use the phone. O joy.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Miach

PRE

Forewarning: you're alone, so this thread will probably be much quicker than the FC gang's one. Please don't be surprised if I'm a tad slow to answer here at the moment for pacing purpose, until you're gathered. Thanks !

Jumping as the speaker came out loud, Miach nodded at it by reflex, even though the man could probably not see it. He otherwise kept his energy for walking inside the elevator.

When it opened in front of the Warlock, the Enchanter nearly giggled. Here was someone else who had had a very busy night. Only, he was too drained to giggle, and even to articulate.

"Hi. Biz. Verb ? Capp ?" he said, each word coming in a slur. From up close, his eyes were even redder than they had seemed.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

OOC

The Hearthmaster takes a good long look at Miach before motioning to the room to the left of him and leading the other Mage by the hand if necessary:

"You look like hell, Miach, come in, let me get you something for you to make more sense".

The room they come into is obviously one for receiving guests: it has plenty of sunlight, the wallpaper is soft beige, there are a couple of chairs and plump cushions scattered about. The Warlock hurries to a corner where a cupboard and a teapot stand and quickly picks out a couple ingredients. Red tea with a touch of melissa for mild stimulation and calming the mind. While he brews, he turns around to Miach:

"Sit wherever. Reverb and Ixidor are out, anything I can help with?" - it is really a pain to watch Miach's normally warm and friendly presence be reduced to... this.

Miach

PRE

Miach was only too glad to be let in, and even more when the other man went to fetch him something hot. He didn't have enough strength left in him to protest when the fume came to his nostrils. Not cappuccino ? Infamy ! He grunted instead.

Falling onto the closest chair, he replied slowly. "Thank. You." breathing, he rubbed his eyes, trying to force them open, only to force them red. Whatever. The man he wanted to see, and his best substitute were not there. Just his luck, really.

"I. Don't. Know.

Maybe."
    Breathing again, he braced himself for the final speech, and it all came out into one coherent block.

"I would have liked Rev to take a look at a fire that occured yesterday, maybe. Weird-y." then, sapped of his strength, his mouth slapped shut, and his eyes focused back on the thing that was brewing. No matter what, he would take it. God-feine forgives him.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon scratches the back of his head while looking across the room, as if looking for something while his mind wanders.

"Well, our Cabal tries to keep tabs on stuff so someone should go and take a look", - mental gears start clicking as he happily lets go of all the fresh Lex'y stuff instead focusing on the familiar 'impersonate and infiltrate' routine, - "Define Weird'y? And yesterday? Won't the police still be all over the place?"

Depending on how bad it is, more backup might be required.

While they talk, the brew finishes doing its thing and Ermon pours a steaming cup both for Miach and himself. While it seems like people have stopped just assuming he will poison them out of nowhere, it's still better to be courteous. He sips his own, smiling - it's refreshing. As useful as magic is, nothing can quite compare to a well-made herbal tea.

Miach

PRE

Nearly singing his tongue on the warm tea that was kindly handed to him, Miach closed his eyes and relaxed a bit. That could have been the kind of beverage that Menwel woud have drunk. Without even pretending to open his eyes, Miach answered the Mastigos.

"Weird-y like the fire seemed intelligent. That's what they said, at least. Like it tried to corner them, it was very actually hunting them." and the Acanthus shuddered, because the mere thought of such an event made him want to cringe.

"As for the police, I don't know, but I suspect you'd be right, of course." though if they find no fire accelerant, what will they make of it.

"I was sort of hoping Reverb could look into it, actually. But you wouldn't mind doing it either, or would you ?" he asked, a glimmer of hope in the voice.

Bumpy thingy ! Matamune Ermon
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon listens to Miach and frowns:

"Forces? Just great. Do you have others you want to bring in on this? I'm good with the talking-investigative stuff but if it comes to a fight..." - the Warlock shrugs, - "Let's just say I have less faith in my abilities there".

He takes a long look at the other Mage:

"And what will you be doing about this yourself?" - not like Miach is a Consilium figurehead with the authority to dump this on them.

Miach

PRE

The frown on Ermon's face probably mimicked the one on Miach's. Others ? Ermon was already an other, since the Acanthus had intended it for Reverb at first. But if it came to that... "I don't know." he answered honestly at first.

Looking at the tea he was given, and finding some measure of rest in its smell, he pondered the idea. Well... why not ? But he would have to check for Reverb at the Byz first, though. "If it were needed, why not, I guess."

"As for me... I don't know. I need to make sure the wounded survives first, so I may be busy a couple of days. After that, if the trail isn't cold, perhaps I could help too." somehow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread