Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(ToB) There's a Soul in the Bucket

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    M
    Mace

Mace checked her watch as she waited outside the Circle. She'd made a point of showing up early for this little shindig. It hadn't been in her plans to take charge of anything, but events had conspired against her and now she was caught in both a consilium position, and leading a task force to determine what, if anything, should be done about these souls. She let out a sigh, and looked down at the notes she had hastily scribbled after the meeting, while everything was fresh in her mind. Five paths, Five orders, Five souls trapped in jars. She shuddered to think about how far the Scelesti had penetrated their ranks.

The big question, though, the question that was orn her mind tonight was just what their options were. She'd done some research on the matter, on what their options were. Even a phone call to Dad, in case the Guardian knew anything she'd missed out on. She wasn't sure just how helpful the research would be, but she hadn't wanted to walk into the room with nothing to show for it.

She checked her watch again, hoping that people would start showing up soon. Speaking up during the meeting is one thing, but actually showing up to do the work? Sometimes the two didn't go hand in hand.

OOC

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

He'd said he wouldn't leave her side. But releasing the souls had been frought with delay upon delay, and he still needed to live. Even if consulting the Council had been necessary the thought that they were still trapped, still suffering in such an unnatural way, weighed on him.

The beat-up civic rattles into the parking lot. If anything, Animus has been even more neglectful of it than usual. But nonetheless, he gets out and approaches the Circle, trying to force a smile for Mace.

The result isn't pretty, but at least the attempt is there.

Mental Shield precast; -2m for 24hr
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-28 11:39:23 Animus rolls 9 to Gno + Mind (10 Again) 8, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3, 9, 9 3 successes

M
    Mace

Mace waved as she saw Animus get out of the car. "Thanks for coming," she said. She didn't want to say it out loud, but she'd been getting worried that she'd have to do this on her own. "Hey," she said as he neared, and tried to smile. "Sorry I didn't ... Sorry I did'nt say more at Consilium. There was... there was a lot going on. But I'm really sorry for... all of this. I'll do my best to take care of this." She gave him a wan smile. "I know it's too little too late, but... it's all I got."

Requested rolls

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes drift out of focus as the shaman shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. The other pieces needed to be addressed."

An abrupt turn toward the door to the Circle. "They deserve rest. Let's not keep them waiting."

M
    Mace

Mace wasn't sure how she felt about her apology being brushed off. But it was his choice, and she'd have to do her best to respect that. "Of course," she said as she followed him inside. "What can you tell me about what happened? I mean, I heard the report, but... just trying to paint a picture of what I'm going to see in there." The fact that she was a little nervous about being the only Moros on tap, apparently, didn't help make her any more comfortable.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shaman flashes a somber, haunted look. "They were picked off one by one. One day you'd walk into an Order's headquarters, and be greeted by a mutilated corpse. Moments later, a tass dagger would materialize, stabbed through the body. I was at the Bismark when ... the thing started infecting the Hallow."

He shudders, and falls silent for a long moment. When he does speak again, voice trembling and eyes misting over. "Triquetra was ... different, maybe because we interrupted them. I found her bleeding out ... at their hideout, but ... I couldn't heal her." Pain, etched into the lines of his face. Another pause, this time to fight back tears.

Eyes clamp shut, and the Orphan turns his face away from Mace. "Months later, when I looked back ... I saw the shadow knife slash her open, watched that bitch siphon away her soul."

A shaky breath as he tries to pull himself together, leaning against a wall for support. "In a way ... I suppose it's a mercy the bodies aren't here. But ... I don't know what those lost souls have been through."

M
    Mace

Mace winced as he told the story. That would be enough to break anyone, certainly enough to break her. The fact that he was still walking around? Blew her mind. She nodded, to say that she heard the story, before looking up and noticing his back was to her. "Well, lets get a quite room and take a look. I'll start by using an Initiate-level death spell to examine the health of the souls." She hesitated a moment. "I can show you, if you'd like?"

C
    Casitive

For Mace

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pulling himself together, the shaman nods once and begins walking to where they'd kept the souls in storage. Storage. These were the dead, forcefully separated from their resting place. What right did anyone have, to ...

He shakes himself, forcibly latching on to Mace's question. It was something he could have done himself. But the cost would be nothing to brush aside lightly, and Mace's emotions were already precarious after Consilium. Best not to steal her thunder. "Please do. I'd appreciate it."

M
    Mace

Mace nodded, and started chanting as they walked into the room. A short moment later, and the imago snapped into focus, drawing the spell and wrapping it around the two of them. She let out a breath. It was stable enough for now. She glanced over at Animus, trying not to look at the health of his soul. That wasn't why they were there. "Can you see that okay?"

OOC

Spell
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-06 10:58:31 Mace rolls 5 to Gnosis + Death + HS - 2 (2 targets) (Soul Marks) (10 Again) 7, 7, 2, 9, 7 1 success

ST Note: Of course!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.