Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Seeking Advice

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The moment Edwin had hung up, it was a race against time. Well, not really but some cliches were still relevant. If he wanted to go full hog, he would say that every night is a race against time against the bane of sunrise!

Now, that's a tagline!

Anyway, back to business. Edwin grabbed his leather jacket and headed from the next motel room he'd rented, grabbing a cab and heading straight to Nox. He thought about stopping enroute but decided that he'd hit up a club or bar in the CHZ after his meeting with Velma. Enlightenment through Tribulation, and tonight he'd have to keep his guard up. In fairness, even if he was prepared for a meeting with Sac-Town's Harpy, Edwin would still get rings run around him. Learn from the best though.

With a pair of distressed denim jeans, boots and leather jacket, it was the black tee that was different tonight. Pirates at arms, the gangsters of the sea, twin flintlocks.

If only Edwin liked sailing.

Entering the club, the Rotgrafen didn't dilly-dally, heading straight into the Court proper, giving smiles to anyone he recognised, a beacon of inspiration and magnetism in one body. It was always nice to give a fist bump to those who wanted one or a word or two to those that looked down on their luck. Hel, even a boyish wink was a start.

In truth, this could be the start of something major league. Edwin wanted to impress. Reaching the Harpy's door, the Lord saw it was open and the stunning Daeva waiting. Pausing mid-step, Edwin recalled the power she could wield, witnessing it at the clusterfuck that was Court. He really would need to play the game well tonight.

Stopping at the threshold, Edwin could feel his Beast rear its ugly, matted head, the anger raising in his gullet, beginning to growl in challenge. It was one of the tiresome aspects of the Second Descent but one Edwin was getting used to. Knocking at the open door, the Lord grinned and offered a bow as she looked up. "Miss Star! You are a wonderful vision for sore eyes."
    Scenes

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma was already at the Nox when Edwin had called her.

The Succubus was busy browsing through her vinyl record collection, maybe searching for something… there was a pile of them laying over the ottoman in the center of her office. She was barely seating in the loveseat just at the border of the red cushioned pillow, the Ravager was inclined to better read the letters of the covers… when Edwin comes the Daeva’s head turns and blue eyes meet him. Tonight she was wearing a simple vivid green dress, envious vivid green like the snake inside.

”Oh! It’s you already!?” She looks to her watch to make sure.

”You are a man of your word Mister Bridges, come in and close the door please!” She asked kindly to the Ventrue as she rested some of the records over the pile at the ottoman. She withdrew the rest that were by her side at the loveseat and did the same before inviting the Lord to seat alongside her.

”Come join me…” There was honey in her voice, her perfectly manicured hand was tapping gently over the empty seat next to her calling to Edwin's attention, there were two other empty sofas... but maybe Velma did want Edwin closer.

”I was looking for a specific record that I don’t seem to be able to find… Do you like Jazz Mister Bridges?” She asked with curiosity clearly giving up on her search.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

3. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin liked punctuality. It was a strong point. Velma had said an hour, and in the Lord's mind that would be the latest she would wait. Getting there early was the goal. Edwin, it seemed, had succeeded.

Good start, Eddie boy!

"I do try my damnedest," the Lord smiled as he entered and closed the door at Velma's indication. His hazel eyes caught the records and he raised his eyebrows impressively. A fondness for music, in his youth, Edwin's dream was to be a singer. Fate had other plans.

"Thanks," he replied, moving over without trepidation even though he knew in his still heart that she could quite easily devour him without any effort. Part of the danger, part of the game. Taking a seat next to Velma compliantly, Edwin was happy to be as close to the Daeva as she wanted. She was that damned enchanting.

"Honestly," because Edwin was a poor liar, "I can't say I do. I love music with all my heart, singing especially," he added placing his hands on his chest. "It simply wasn't a genre I was raised with but I can appreciate more now than I did then. Age and experience, I guess." A pause as his mouth had wandered away from his brain. "What is it you're looking for, Miss Star?"
    Scenes

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma lets a small sigh escape.

”Nevermind!” She looks to Edwin diverting attention from the pile back to the Lord.

”Was after a certain record but I don’t seem to find it…” Shoulders raise and shoulders move down in the following instant.

”So… I got your call. You are here. You come to pay your debt? You owe me a dinner and a good time.” The Succubus crosses her arms her eyes widden semi closed and she allows some silence to settle in between them…

… and then she breaks the silence by chuckling lightly changing to the usual friendly tone.

”It’s ok! You are forgiven as long as you promise to take me to your studio when its finished!”
    Velma Star*

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Have I let her down? The sigh was small, perhaps it was simply out of frustration for not finding the record? Dammit, I hope so.

Not one who is able to cover his emotions, these questions flowed across Edwin's features in embarrassment and some shame for not being able to assist. Still, when Velma mentioned their debt from Easter, the embarrassment stuck but he did offer a boyish grin as he scratched the back of his neck, somewhat glad he couldn't blush.

Then, Velma forgave him, the tension broke and he grinned, quite glad he'd been let off. The last thing he'd want is to get on the wrong side of the Harpy. "Of course. I'm still looking for a place to settle down, gain Tenancy. I'd hate to set up shop only to find the local Regent finds my presence offensive," Edwin added with a laugh but the truth was still there in his tone. "I'm currently working mobile, going wherever the work is. Why? Fancy getting some ink, Miss Star?" he asked, a twinkle in his hazel eyes.
    Scenes

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Ink?” There was a raised eyebrow.

”Ah, you mean tattoos?” Velma seems to ponder before answering.

”They seem kinda permanent… and permanent stuff in beings like us means they will stay there for a loooong time.” The truth about the subject was completely different but Edwin should be spared the truth… it would be disappointing in more than just one way.

”Have you had any luck in convincing one of the regents? You should try Regent Hart… you might even convince her to get some ink!” There was a wink, hopefully Edwin would get the tip.
    Velma Star*

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Well, that's the great thing about our condition, they don't have to be permanent unless you really want it," Edwin smiled but threw up his hands beaten. "But I get it. Like you say, Ms Star, they are around for a long time. And the truth is they aren't for everyone. Some people are just perfect as they are."

Which was true, especially in the current company.

"I have yet to meet Regent Hart, she's in charge of South Sac-Town, correct?"

Was it nerves in his voice? Maybe.
    Scenes

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma smiled at the underlined compliment by Edwin.

At his question she rose a curious eyebrow.

”Regent Hart? Well not particularly, no!” The truth was Velma had never had business with Regent Hart and the Ravager was ok with it… the Savage woman seemed too unstable to make it worth Velma’s while and she also had Dog… or a dog.

”…but when she shows at court she seems very approachable so you might try to present your case to her, I’m sure she will strike a fair deal with you… either she or some other Regent.” Velma ponders for a moment.

"There are five Regencies you just have to pick the best deal, right?"
    Velma Star*

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin pondered this and nodded, lost in thought for a second, considering going ahead and looking around some more at where was best to set up shop. Hazel eyes refocusing on the Harpy, he smiled again.

"Thanks for the advice," he said, gratefully. "I'll be sure to strike up a conversation next time I see her."

"But that wasn't why I came, to be honest," the Lord added, quite obviously coming to the point of his visit. A pause as he considered his words. "I don't suppose you've seen Priscus Galloway around lately?"
    Scenes

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma raised her eyebrow with cautious curiosity. ”Priscus Galloway? No, haven’t seen him around for quite a while…” The Succubus relaxed in her side of the loveseat.

”Is there something you want to ask me regarding his whereabouts? Or rather regarding the opportunities that his absence might provide?” Her tone seemed to indicate she was somehow delighted by the situation itself. The Ravager looks to Edwin and smiles, there was something to be said about being so direct…
    Velma Star*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread