Ended
Watch

(Invisible Hands) Plans and Schemes

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a shrug Martha adds; "Well, I have tried to keep him appraised of events. But, I daresay he would value an update." she nodded to Max and the others. Trying to make sense of the multiple threats to the Domain. Wondering how many, if any, were interlinked.

"There are so many threats we face..." she begins to list them by counting them off on her fingers, "the recent assault here by members of this secret society; then there's the drug smuggling from the Marina and the mysterious corpses appearing in the American River. Not to mention the unresolved kidnapping of our Koagion..." she paused, gathering her thoughts.

"Then there's the strange events at the Elysian Field last month. The destruction of the small coterie from which Miss Kacey escaped. The attack by the strange motorbicycle riding lady and then the dangerous attack on Cedar Fields by Francesco Giovanni whereby he attempted to slay Miss Kacey."

She shook her head. There was a lot to worry about.

"How does one co-ordinate a comprehensive response to these events?" she looked to everyone present as if her query was genuine, not merely a rhetorical tool.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

Disappointment settles like a stone in the center of David's mind. The Grand Wyrm's non-answer to Max's question and the litany of perils that have gone unanswered, buzz like a swarm of angry bees. An answer to the Grand Wyrm's question sits on David's tongue, but it isn't something to get into now – maybe it never will be.

Instead, David takes in a breath and clings to the calming effect of that simple gesture. Then, the Libitinarius looks towards Tracy and Michael. “Deputy,” David's meek voice cuts through the din as he looks towards Redfill, “can you alert the Prince's Office about the situation and that – if Grand Wyrm Villiers is amendable – that we may need His Grace's assistance.

One might even hear the 'If it isn't too much trouble,' underlying David's tone.

Next, David turns towards Tracy and Max. “We need to secure all sensitive material in the event that the Society do breach our defenses. I have a storage container in the city,” the Shadow offers, “in case there is no other place to put it all. Both of you know this Chapter House most, it would be helpful; if a temporary measure.

It also serves as David's mailing address given how much his mail fails to reach him, personally.

Finally, the Mekhet announces, “As for me, I will attempt to put the Stone Capitol to the test. If the formula carved into it does hide things from sight, perhaps I can figure out and enact its power to hide the Chapter House. I would welcome anyone else's help if they would like to assist.

The Order's Scarecrow considers what still needs to be done, waiting to hear if anyone has anything to add.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael shrugs his shoulders involuntarily before nodding to David when he understands just what he will have to deal with as Dillon's temporary replacement:

"Seneschal Villiers, I'm afraid I don't know the proper protocol for such a situation. SHould I contact the Prince or maybe it would be better for both of us to meet with him?"

Please, let it be the latter.

Being the only one to explain that they now have a Kindred-aware nation-level group in town would be simply fucking great.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

PRE

Tracy listened as the other Dragons reacted to the news, paying close attention to what each of them said. Max's words were not at all reassuring, but he was probably right about the whole thing. While there were many amongst their ranks who could handle themselves in a fight, they didn't know enough about their enemy to be wholly prepared for whatever they may have in store. They would need all the help they could get to defeat this mysterious threat that the Society of Penelope posed to them.

Dammit.

The petite redhead turned her attention to David as he spoke, quirking an eyebrow slightly as he mentioned the Stone Capitol. So that's what they are after, huh? She tilted her head slightly to one side before finally speaking up. "If I can lend a hand," she said to David. "Just let me know what needs to get done."

5. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding to signal general agreement to the Dragons, Martha replied to Michael. "We should meet him together, sir." she didn't sound happy about it.

Luckily Tracy's comments allowed for diversion.
    "Yes, indeed. As a precaution against the failure of the magic, sir," she nods to David, "We need a cadre of guards to protect the Chapter House and the contents therein. If we cannot hide our treasures, we should at least defend them." she tried a shy smile. "I will be happy to help with any incantations needed, sir." she smiled to support David.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

Please take the time to secure any potentially harmful material,” David requests of Tracy, immediately setting the Savage to work. The Shadow is considering the worst-case scenario, planning from that position, and working backwards. There's a saying that lingers in the back of David's mind: 'Hope for the best, but row for shore.' It is a maxim that the Mortician is employing now.

Further, if there is any way to set traps within the House, while the majority of us are away, please do that as well.” Dull-brown eyes look to the floor and David shifts his weight, “If it might need some tinkering, I might be able to assist in that.

David is about to move again when he remembers something, “When they last attacked the House, they came in through the front door. Please seal the windows and the rest of the entries. Also, if there is anything available to ward off ghostly intruders, please do that as well.

The Libitinarius looks towards Max ( Mykel ) and the rest, wondering if there is anything else as David prepares to give another quick examination of the Stone Capitol; in the hopes of hiding the House from Sight.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Hey folks, sorry for the delay; I had to hash some stuff out with YYC to make sure different plots and power levels weren't going to overlap. The short, short version is Asa is going to be unable to help with this plot; but we do have other alternatives.

While the others had been discussing, Max had slipped off to the back of the Library and tried to place a phone call. More than once the thin Mekhet taps a few buttons, holds the phone to his ear, frowns, then lowers the phone and repeats the process. Finally he gives up, returning to the group of Dragons with an annoyed look.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible, Prince Clarke is currently incommunicado. Neither he, nor his assistant, are picking up; which means that route of attack is unavailable to us. However..."

Max turns his full attention to Redfill. "I assume you have the contact information for all the Deputies in the city, Regent? For what I have planned, we're going to need all the assistance we can get."

Max then returns his attention to the Order at large. "Our enemy must know we are able of defending ourselves, given what happened to the last group they sent here, but they seem to think we cannot go on the offensive. I think it is time we dissuade them of that illusion.

Right now we face three threats: A new group of assailants right outside our door, securing and protecting the Chapter House, and making the Penelope Group realize this is a war they can't win. What I suggest is this:

Anyone able to hold their own in a fight join Supplicant Redfill and Scribe Burns dealing with the two men outside. Anyone skilled in research, I need your assistance finding a way to defeat the creature that was with the first group of attackers. I have an idea of that "she" might be and how to deal with her, but I want to be sure before we face her again. Anyone else, start collecting sensitive materials and bringing them here to the Library to make it easier to guard them, or destroyed, depending on what the situation calls for.

After those issues have been resolved, anyone still able to fight joins up with the Deputies and we assault the Penelope compound in Folsom. We might not be able to bring the whole organization down in one night, but we might be able to throw a big enough monkey wrench into their operation to stop them for a few evenings."

Max then turns his attention to Tracy Burns and @Micheal Redfill. "Please forgive me for volunteering you two, but I know you can both hold your own in a fight, and you're the only ones that know where the men outside are located."

He then looks to Martha ( Chrisie ). "I'll need your assistance here in the Library, Grand Wyrm Villiers. I need you to help me find anything you can on (Insert name of supernatural creature the YYC PMed me and I have now totally blanked on here). You'll also have to stay here when we go to Folsom; both to secure the Chapter House in case of a second attack and to tell Prince Clarke what happened if things go south in Folsom."

With David Regan preparing to inspect the Statue again, that left only two unknowns to deal with. Looking to Penelope Rebane and Hildegarde Bingen, Max nods to the two Dragons. "Forgive me ladies, but I do not know where your strengths lie. Go wherever you think your abilities would be best utilized."

9. Likes Chrisie liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

This scene has gone on and off for a month now. Is there anything else that needs to be bought up before I narrate a wrap?

C
    Casitive

I'm good!

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

I'm good to summon Emma and start some ass-kicking.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread