Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1409) Binders

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

Outside of the Bismark, gray skies are overhead.

Aquinas stands at the entrance, with a black umbrella; water beading up on the black fabric and falling in small rivulets towards the ground. The Supernal hums quietly around his pattern, protecting and offering him sight beyond sight. A text message notification goes unanswered. The Bismark, without Jonathan Cook has become a bit quieter, calmer without the Merovingian.

For good or ill.

A silver bullet of a car comes to a stop near by. Quietly amused by her car, that she calls Tom, Telos climbs out from behind the wheel and a snap of her umbrella. Her clerk, Eryxias, sits in the passenger seat. Telos, is a woman of quiet attractiveness with a short-fall of chestnut curls crowning her head and dusky skin that references an Indian heritage. Wrapped in a tailored gray jacket and a drapey pumpkin colored blouse, the Acanthus intermingles sharpness with softness, form and function in an effortless way.

Eryxias, is known for his smile: bright and charming. The Moros' clothes are understated, in grays and blacks and while he's quite wiry, he moves with a purposeful stride. In his hands, he carries an umbrella that is shared with his mentor as well as a larger bag.

Nice to see you, Telos,” Aquinas says with a lingering smile for the Lictor.

A bright smile from the Acanthus forms and she nudges Eryxias forward, “Nice to see you too, looks like everything worked out in the end; I don't know what you were so worried about. This is Eryxias, yet another financier. He's become my clerk.

Actuarial, actually,” Eryxias attempts to correct.

Oh?” Aquinas says with a quirk of his brow towards the younger Mage, “I give it two years before you decide that hedge-fund management is probably not the way to create change. This way,” the Hierarch invites and guides the small group to a board-room he's set aside for a few of the Silver Ladder and a Herald. “You might be interested in the motley crue that this place has formed.

The board room is large, spacious, with windows and an arrangement of sofa-chairs. The group settles and Eryxias sets down the bag before heading to shake out the umbrella in a corner of the room.

How's Ixidor ,” Telos asks, interest in the progression of another clerk in her voice.

Doing well,” Aquinas answers, “effective Deacon now. Needs to take your exam.

Mentions:
    Djinn Cl4re Wolven Pryde Matamune Orianna
    Zodiac Pepper Ixidor Ermon Faye

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper had taken care to pack the work she'd done on the Lex a plastic folder and nestled it in an inner pocket of her suitcase. She would have cried if it had gotten soaked from the rain. Luckily, that wasn't an issue with the suitcase and the taxi.

She stepped out, bright yellow suit seeming like a spot of sun on a day like this. She was glad that despite the rain is wasn't frigid out like it would have been in Boston. Smiling, she entered the bismark, and checked her notes for the room number.

Pepper was excited. She'd finally get to find out who else was in the Ladder... and she'd get to have some questions answered. Besides, it's been two Months since she told Ixidor that she would be ready to take the exam soon. And boy, was she ever. The only disappointing thing was that her attempt at recruiting had fallen through. Pepper had no idea where Brick had disappeared to.

She was smiling bright enough to rival her suit when she stepped into the meeting room, maybe a few minutes after The heirarch and the visiting Lictor. She glanced around, noting that Faye and Ixidor hadn't arrived yet. Still, she recognized one face. She took a moment, and figured the room was already secured. "Hello I'm Pepper, an Enchanter, and recently made Provost. It's good to meet you Heirarch Aquinas, and... Sorry, I don't recognize you two?" Guests? New Ladders? Pepper would let them be introduced.

3. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon, Mastigos, Silver Ladder, Pre2 (tired), SL2 (honest looks)

As Ermon studies for the Factotum exam, days fade into weeks and weeks - into months. Books, notes and physical exercise from hell, courtesy of Aspen ( Cross ). That is one seriously obsessed with body-forging woman and he's glad he picked her. When every muscle in his body isn't killing him from the wonderful multi-faceted training she's giving him. And then there's maintaining the Unbound Smoke Sanctum: a place as big as a small mall, with countless corridors and rooms.

Which amounts to the simple fact that Ermon is very happy to get out and actually walk on the street without running or turning it into some sort of moving meditations or Oblation or whatever. No, this is just him, going to meat his fellow Ladders. Though, when the meeting starts, the stress will probably return.

I should get a girlfriend. I don't quite recall what it was like but I vaguely remember it being good and sometimes – relaxing.

The Bismark is somewhat of a dismal place - something to be corrected, to be sure. Ermon has invested a bit of his time to cajole the management into keeping a room for Order needs but they should really make more of an effort. Not like he can take care of this hearth too.

Third eye 4xx, Misperception 3xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-15 13:18:31 Ermon rolls 8 to cast Misperception (Gno + Mind + HS + ambient Mana for 24h duration) (10 Again) 7, 6, 6, 7, 10, 4, 2, 10, 8, 5 3 successes
    2014-09-15 13:18:20 Ermon rolls 5 to cast Third Eye at home (Gno + Mind + HS - 24 hour duration -1 retry) (10 Again) 8, 9, 10, 3, 8, 4 4 successes
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Effective Presence 2 (Watchful) for the scene

Sharp blue eyes settled on the gathering as Zodiac arrived, looking to Pepper with a gaze of amusement as she found the other's attire to be... well. A day Zodiac chose to be colourful, it nearly brought her peace to know that her choice in colours wouldn't cause her to stand out - not over a certain mischievous Enchanter.

"Good day Hierarch Aquinas, Provost Pepper, thearch Ermon," she greeted her compatriots, offering the simple statement of Ermon's allegiances in a titular way in lieu of having an effective title for the man.

There was a brief moment granted as Zodiac pulled off her bag and longcoat before she set them aside, smiling politely to the Hierarch before settling her gaze on the newcomers. Their guests. "Lictor Telos," Zodiac had done her research enough to know that sense - and her senses - dictated that this woman was the authoritative figure that the Hierarch had indicated would join them. She offered her hand to the woman. "It's a pleasure to have you here, safely under our roof."

Blue eyes then turned carefully on the man that accompanied her, her curiousity masked but certainly present as her smile remained unwavering. "And welcome to Sacramento to you, as well, mister...?" the inquiry hung, polite and curious, though her gaze remained attentive and contemplative.

New pieces of the puzzle. Those from San Francisco, wasn't it? Very important pieces of the puzzle. It wouldn't do to do anything less than be thoroughly aware of them. Luckily she was finding that her attainment made assessing a situation and the people in it much easier than it had once been.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-15 14:56:12 Zodiac rolls 5 to Mental Shield (HS) (-2 Duration)(-1 retry) (10 Again) 5, 1, 8, 5, 2 1 success
    2014-09-15 14:55:48 Zodiac rolls 6 to Mental Shield (HS) (-2 Duration) (10 Again) 1, 4, 6, 6, 4, 7 failure
    2014-09-15 14:53:57 Zodiac rolls 6 to Augment the Mind (Presence)(HS)(-2/Duration) (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 1, 1, 1, 2 1 success

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t really like rainy weather, just wasn’t her thing.

So there was a slight frown on her face as she pulled the GTO into the parking lot of The Bismark. She wasn’t sure what to expect, so she dressed up a little in black dress pants, a red corset style shirt and a blazer. Her long hair was down and in waves, her makeup at a minimum.

She recognized the new Heirach and approaches him with a friendly smile,

“Pleased to meet you, and congratulations on your position. My name is Madison Cross in public, but please feel free to call me Faye. I am an Enchantress of the Silver Ladder.”

Her eyes look over the other two, not sure who they were, but she still offers them a friendly smile before seeing Pepper and moving to stand next to her.

“Hi.” She says to Pepper, her eyes then finding Zoey. A smile and nod of her head is offered to the woman.

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 2 (Hierach)

Aquinas steps forward offering his hand to Pepper, “It's good to meet you too, Provost.” If Pepper takes his hand, she'll find a firm, friendly greeting. He smiles affably to the young thearch, offering, “You've certainly lit up the room, are you sure that your shadow-name isn't Sunray?” His smile takes on a quirky tenor as he lets go of the Enchantresses hand.

Let me introduce you,” Aquinas says, while shifting to not block Pepper's view, “This is Lictor Telos for the Northern California region and her clerk Eryxias.” A beat, “Apparently Eryxias does what I used to do before I realized it is a soul-crushing line of work.

Nodding to Pepper, Aquinas moves to greet Ermon with a nod and a quick shake of hands. “Ermon, nice to see you again, feel free to take a seat. May I introduce Lictor Telos and her clerk Eryxias.” He would have spent longer with Ermon but the Herald's arrival seizes the Hierarch's attention and he excuses himself to greet her.

Herald, nice to see you. Glad that you've come,” Aquinas says to her with an affable smile. He would do more of the introductions, but that would step on his Voice's toes. Something he would not like to do since she made the effort to come out to the Bismark to do exactly that. Instead, he clasps Zodiac's shoulder and moves on.

Faye ?” The implicit question is more to confirm her shadow-name. “A pleasure to meet you. Welcome and be welcome. We'll get started shortly.” While the Riveting Acanthus moves to greet Pepper, Aquinas peeks out into the hallway.

Telos | Silver Ladder Status: Lictor of Northen California | Consilium Status: Visitor

Telos shoots Aquinas a wry look at the mention of Eryxias' line of work. Not that she hasn't been telling the Moros the same thing, but the Moros is stubborn. Instead, the Lictor nods towards Pepper, the other Acanthus' excitement infectious. “Pepper, I like it. It has got pizazz,” Telos says to the young Thearch in bright, hopeful yellow.

She elbows Eryxias.

Congratulations on being appointed Provost, by the way.” Telos adds after a fashion, her hands settling on her hips. “Are you one of the ones going to be taking the Exam soon?

The Lictor turns her attention towards Ermon, taking in his Honest features but outside of a nod of greeting, says nothing to him. Instead, her shrewd look turns towards the Herald, “It is good to be here,” Telos returns the greeting and takes Zodiac 's offered hand. Her free hand gestures, “This is Eryxias, he's my clerk. You must be the Herald?” A break before the Lictor asks, “Do you have a protocol for Visitors? An Oath or Rite?

Eryxias | Silver Ladder Status: Clerk to the Lictor | Consilium Status: Visitor

While he's charming with his bright smile, Eryxias is a man of few words. Probably just far more content to observe and discern. Of course, that would be the plan but Telos elbows the man closer while Pepper and Telos talk. “Eryxias,” he offers his shadow-name to Pepper nodding with a small smile. His reply to the Hierarch isn't really a retort, but Eryxias shoots Aquinas a look of stubbornness about his chosen line of work.

Someone has to be a Technoi,” Eryxias says with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

As Zodiac comes forward and asks for his name, the Clerk shifts under her watchful stare. “I am Eryxias, Clerk to Lictor Telos, Moros of the Silver Ladder; Herald.” The Moros offers his hand to Zodiac, waiting to see what he'd need to do for temporary acknowledgment. Each Consilium has their own quirks.

Vesper, Modesto's Herald, is strangely particular for instance, and all of it hidden beneath a sugary-sweet glaze.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon does the proper thing: smiles, nods politely, greets people when addressed:

"Good evening, Hierarch. Lictor, it's an honor, I have heard a lot about you from Ixidor", - and that is something. The person needs to be truly awesome to hold as a topic of conversation for the Deacon for any considerable amount of time.

"Provost, Herald, Faye, a pleasure to properly meet all of you", - other than that he mostly stays silent, biting his tongue when the Factotum exam is brought up. It's hard to resist as this is what he has een living and breathing for the last few months but he wasn't the one who was asked the question.

For now he can finally relax, listen and take part in the conversation when needed. It's a lot more fun than meeting the Awakened in public places, watching gor trouble the entire time and then coming off as some sort of a weirdo at best.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper absolutely shakes Aquinas's hand, grinning wide at his remark. Best. Suit. Ever. "Alas, I've got my cynical moments, but I always bring a bit of spice to life." Still, she pays attention when he introduces her to Telos and Eryxias, flashing a brilliant smile their way, and nodding to Zodiac while she was at it, Though the whole situation with striker took some of the shine out of her smile.

"Thank you Lictor Telos, Pizazz is definitely something I try to keep up." She gave a small laugh to Eryxias's returned comment to Aquinas, "Well, if you've got a soul strong enough for it, might as well be you. Though I have a feeling I'd be rather crushed in it; numbers have never done well by me." She'd stick to editing her books, thanks. Spotting Faye, Pepper returned the greeting with a simple raised hand.

Telos mentioned the Exam and her position as Provost, though, and Pepper's face lit up. "Yes! Absolutely. I've been gathering precedents for Aquinas, and uh, rather went overboard and re-formatted most of the Lex to be legible instead of the absolute mess it was... And well, after doing that, I can't see myself as anything but ready for the exam." She paused, glancing to Aquinas when she mentioned that she had what he'd asked for at the duel. Pull it out now? Wait a moment? She turned back to Telos though, eyebrows draw together with concern.

"There's... Some oddities with the Precepts, or maybe that's just slightly different traditions from having been Lictor Eadaoin's Clerk in Massachusetts, but some of the Golden Laws I found I've never heard of - and a couple others I've only seen as precedent of other Golden Laws." She had the Lex, might as well cite those concerns now.

That said, she turns to Ermon and smiles slightly. "You as well, Ermon. Thank you."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"A pleasure," Zodiac inclined her head to the Clerk. "I am indeed one of the city's Heralds, Zodiac. Warlock of the Visus Draconis." She didn't take a seat, though it wasn't particularly difficult for the Mastigos to notice that Pepper seemed... well... less like Pepper. Still, this wasn't the time to address it.

"With your leave, I would ask that you provide your temporary residence to one of the Heralds - or our Heirarch, of course - in private as you see fit. This is for both your sakes and our own as I will not ask you to partake in a screening while amidst so many others." That would be rude, of course, and given that the Hierarch seemed to think well of the Lictor, she was at least mildly less concerned about fully screening the pair. Manners.

Checking them for mental effects - well, the Hierarch was more than capable of that himself. She as of yet had not had the opportunity to sit down with Crowley to discuss a visitor's oath, though now that the subject had been mentioned the notion was filed away into her mental scheduling for a later time. She took a brief moment to incline her head to Faye absently, though she still made no move to take up a seat - nor would she until all were present and settled. She might sit then.

11. Likes Matamune liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Bump for Faye Orianna

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.