DISPLAYED
(Thorned Ten) Ornaments for murder

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

For Frere

The shopkeeper tilts his head to the side and thinks. Hard. The struggle is pretty much written on his face as he balances the need to keep his reputation with his distaste for the things that were apparently done with the blade. In the end, he comes up with the perfect solution:

"Well, good you ain't no cops. Never seen this steel, though", - he breaks into a wide grin, - "But I know the story of a very similar dagger. Too bad my time has a price: I'm working, you know".

The man gestures to the walls cluttered with weaponry:

"How about you buy something? Then I can excuse trading tall tales: you'll tell me where you might or might not have got that blade and if I'm sympathetic I'll tell you that story that might help you".

He returns to sharpening the axe, giving them time to think.

In game mechanics terms the shopkeeper offers the Kindred to buy a blade worth Resources 2 month income or more (as long as you don't choose a chakram or something, this shop carries it). A friendly reminder: social skill rolls affect to modify the actions of other characters. Unless you roll something, the characters you are interacting with will act in their own best interests as they perceieve them. If you want the shopkeeper to tell you more than he wants to, roll Man + Persuasion. Teamwork applies (you can choose the primary actor in the OOC thread or, better, through PMs). The price of the blade you buy can be used as an equipment bonus.

F
    FrereSebastian

Matty nodded his head at the shop keeper's idea. "We're definitely not cops, man." He says a little too intensely. The Carthian seems way out of his league, if he didn't look too much like the bookworm type before, it's definitely showing now. There is a huge difference between reading about blades and actually seeing them up close and in person.

"Which of these do you recommend?" Dammit, he was going to try to help. Even if he tried a little too hard.

Sorry boys :(
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-30 08:53:48 Matty rolls 6 to Teamwork Roll (Manipulation + Persuasion) (10 Again) 2, 5, 4, 1, 1, 3 failure

J
    Juan Cordoba

Seeing Campbell move in on the shopkeeper, posing as an interested customer, Juan followed. "Yea, what he said." Cordoba muttered. "Shiny works you got here. What do you use to keep them so pristine?"

Dice roller, what have I ever done to you?!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-30 11:20:17 Juan rolls 4 to Teamwork Roll (Manipulation + Persuasion) (10 Again) 7, 3, 2, 5 failure

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Whilst his compatriots spoke, not really helping in any way, shape or form, Edwin perused the weapons on display, a childlike grin on his face as he took in all the blades. Truth be told, as much as he loved his switchblade, it was still illegal to carry it according to Cali law, Hel, American law. It was something Edwin had carried around since his first days in the Sharks.

Maybe it was time to move on.

"You got some nice pieces in here, man," Edwin smiles, buttering up the owner with honeyed words from his husky voice. Fingers went out to feel the grips on several daggers and knives but nothing seemed to suit.

Then, he saw it. It was exquisite, beautiful, deadly. It reminded him of a certain someone. Edwin grinned. Time to grow.

Removing the modern designed gladius from the display stand, Edwin carefully carried it and the scabbard to the counter, settling it down. The Lord then pulled out a wad of cash to pay for it, counting out the amount and laying it down next to the short sword. "There ya go, man. Good doing business with ya, am I right?"

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-30 14:31:45 Edwin Bridges rolls 11 to Manipulation + Persuasion + DV + Equip (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 10, 7, 6, 6, 2, 4, 10, 3, 10, 5, 6, 6, 6 3 successes
    Scenes

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Forn Clakes , FrereSebastian , ErlangShen

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Now that I'm back to health we can go on!

The shopkeeper melts
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-04 10:57:08 Shopkeper rolls 6 to resist the charms (Res + Comp) (10 Again) 4, 9, 2, 10, 7, 4, 1 2 successes

The man pretty much ignores Juan and Matthew, answering them with uncommital grunts and gesture to some of his more pricey (and crappy) merchandise. Edwin is a different matter. When the Ventrue picks a blade for himself the shopkeeper's eyes sparkle:

"Good choice. None of the disposable crap that breaks when you hit something beside a stick of butter", - he takes the blade off the stand it was waiting on and gives it to Edwin to test the balance, - "I'm Abe, by the way. The blade has a hard steel core with softer steel molded on top to provide both flexibility and strength. The handle is filled to provide proper balance but the blade itself is quite light, see?" - He takes the blade back and gives it a practiced stab, - "Anyway, while I'm packing this I can tell you that story I heard".

Abe turns around and start rummaging through the shelves, painfully slowly looking for a bag.

"In our business you get a lot of weirdos buying your stuff. Flat-out bottom criminals normally prefer cheap crap, so at least we don't get those. Mostly people buy weaponry for a gift, 'y know?" - he pauses as he sifts throught a cupboard, making metal racket, - "A couple months ago a group visited this friend of mine. There is this goth cult or whatever the hell kids call themselves these days: you know, vampires, demons all that shit that makes loser college students feel like they outsmart all of us?"

Abe grins self-contedly at this part: it is just too ironic how nothing ever really changes. It was not that long ago that the idea of counter-culture became really popular and since then it seems like veryone pissed at the society for one reason or another has been working tirelessly at being different. Which is ridiculous, because this is exactly what makes all of them the same.

"The kids are okay, I guess: they meet up a couple blocks from here at the corner of Parker House Drive and Palmer Drive. One of them lives there, I think? Kinda hard to miss: the clothes are ridiculous and the noise... My friend remembers them because the order was strange: they ordered a clearly ornamental knife with a stone handle - something to hang on a wall. Except they were very specific about the requirements for steel. Something about adding ruby dust to the metal - that's the dagger you have right there. Crazy cultist bastards. And they had a middle-aged guy with them: pale as death, dressed all in black. The sort you might expect to have their own wife as a sex-slave in a basement somewhere because of all the TV shows..."

Eventually he stands up from the cupboard with a brown paper bag, places the blade inside, hands it over to Edwin and begins to count the change.

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"It's a beautiful piece," Edwin replies about the short sword as he listens, intently, watching as the man wraps and bags up his purchase. Corner of Parker House Drive and Palmer Drive, pale middle-aged guy, goth cult.

Sounds interesting.

"Thanks man," the Lord grinned honestly as he took the bag before holding up his spare hand. "Keep the change, brother, ya know I'm gonna come back with items this great a quality." Taking a moment, Edwin glances to Matty and Cordoba, seeing if they were good.
    Scenes

F
    FrereSebastian

Matty stops trying once the shop owner does nothing more than grunt at him. He shrugs at Juan and just listens while Edwin works the magic of charm and money. After the tale, he nods back at Edwin and says to the store owner:

"Thanks for all of your help." The Carthian moves out of the shop.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Daeva smiled hearing the shopkeeper's information flood out of him. The key words were spoken: cultists, vampires, demons, and their apparent leader was as pale as death.

He committed the location and indication to memory. "They meet up a couple blocks from here at the corner of Parker House Drive and Palmer Drive. One of them lives there, I think? Kinda hard to miss: the clothes are ridiculous and the noise."

As the Kindred filed out, his smile hadn't faded. "Thanks," was all he said to the shopkeeper. They had a damn good lead.

This night was becoming quite productive. I think Edwin deserves a Boon for this discovery in investigation. He mused to himself. Eying Mattimeo briefly, still silent and nodded, from both of us. It was a topic he'd address later.

Out in the streets, he grinned to the two vampires. "Well that was certainly interesting."

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Laters, man," Edwin smiled to the shop owner before taking his purchase along the bloodied dagger and heading out, taking a moment to gaze lovingly once more at all the items on display.

As the cold air hit him, Edwin smiled to Cordoba and Matty, answering Mr. Cavalier with a wink. "Tell me about it. Don't think it could've gone any better, truth be told."

He'd got a new toy. That was awesome!

"So, wanna hit up that address tonight or leave it?" Edwin asked before checking his phone. "It's starting to get on a bit."

Last thing he wanted was to be ash and not actually get to swing his gladius. That would be tragic.
    Scenes

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

And... Scene! Great job, guys. I'll set up the new scene later today. Since no one expressed the wish to go right now, there will be a break between scenes, resetting your Vitae to average and letting XP purchases catch up.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread