Ended
Watch

Caduceus - Medstars's Academy 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

A lot had happened since their last attempt at this course. A lot, and it had only strengthened Miach's determination to see that couse being held. Thinking back on his last attempt, he was walking through the basement of Idun's clinic, rehearsing all the things he thought he would need.

All the gear is in place... Check. Danny is here, too, faithful in spite of the stains of blood. A white board, pens, computer, beamer, and so on. Check. Some first aid kits. Check. Anatomy illustrations. Check. I've even got an answer to some freaking questions...

A smile crept on his face, and he wondered if they had sufficiently advertised the evening, and how many people would show up. And with which intent. The tall Acanthus was now pacing back and forth, waiting for Idun to finish the upstairs preparation, like food, drinks, and directions...

2. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon, Mastigos, Silver Ladder, Pre2 (cheerful), SL2 (honest looks)

Ermon is the first to file in. In part, because his interest in medicine had reasons to go up in the recent months. Multiple reasons. Like Banishers. And Scelesti. And he could bet there was other shit out there that rendered magic practically useless so knowing how to treat a wound might actually save his life one day or the life of someone in his Cabal.

The other reason is that it is free knowledge. Knowledge given by the Awakened who have perspective on where it might be most useful. Sure, it's weird to get free cheese but he supposes people finally started to upll their heads out of their asses and realizing that without effort to preserve the Concillium there won't be much left because of all the threats. And then San Francisco assholes would ride in, all in white, and convert whatever would be left into their personal type of a nuthouse.

Yeah, that definitely needed not to happen. But resistance required action and networking. Which is perhaps the primary reason he is here: Mages tended to stick in close-knit groups like Cabals and Orders and seeing what's up could be invaluable.

Ermon wears his usual clothes today as well as the usual spells. Eyes scan the room as he enters and when he sees that nothing looks dangerous and the people greeting him are indeed Medstars, the Warlock walks up to the other Awakened:

"Hey, I'm Ermon. Didn't think I'd be the first to arrive".

Thrid Eye 4xx, Misperception 2xx, 24h
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-13 11:51:33 Ermon rolls 8 to cast Misperception (Gno + Mind + HS + ambient Mana for 24h duration) (10 Again) 3, 5, 6, 8, 3, 9, 6, 5 2 successes
    2014-09-13 11:51:09 Ermon rolls 6 to cast Third Eye at home (Gno + Mind + HS - 24 hour duration) (10 Again) 2, 9, 5, 5, 9, 10, 9 4 successes
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Idun

PRE

Idun arrives, her hair currently short and dyed orange. She's wearing an old brown shirt and faded black jeans. No jewelry what so ever on her person. Under her arms, she's got a box of bandages, she figured that enough is never enough.

She nods towards Miach before she turns to smile at Ermon as she says, "Hey Ermon." She then moves to place the box of bandages near the table.

"You need any help with anything, Miach?" She asks him, looking towards her friend.

Miach

PRE

48h rule.

Even if the Acanthus never had the opportunity to talk with Ermon before, he knew the face. He must have seen it before. "Hiya Ermon. I'm Miach. Pleased to meet you. Please come in, make yourself comfortable. I hope we'll be joined by others shortly, otherwise it'll be somewhat dull..." he said while extending his hand.

"But we'll make sure you get what you came here for !" the Medstar hastened to add.

When his friend and cabalmate checked in, his answer was exactly what you could expect given the circumstances. "Well, I think I'm good, thanks. Perhaps you could check whether the door has closed behind Ermon, just in case we got people stuck outside ?" he asked with a hint of hope in the voice. Surely people would be interested in this, right ? Otherwise, it didn't bode well for the Consilium, in his opinion.

Idun

PRE

48 rule

Idun gives Miach a smile, nodding as she says, "Sure." With that, she heads for the door.

Miach

PRE

Not many takers... Anyway: Bump! Ermon Matamune

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon looks around the room, suddenly realizing something hilarious. He's the only one. That is gonna make quite some networking. The Warlock smiles at the two other Awakened and chuckles:

"So... I'm guessing everyone relief on life or just isn't worried about getting hurt?" - there's dark humor in his voice, - "Ever thought of doing live first aid exercises? I"m sure that'd be pretty popular with the Arrows".

He looks around the room curiously, noting all the different implements and realizing that his medical skills and somewhere around applying a band-aid properly.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

C
    C_Lloyd

5 suxx Supernal Vision, 3 suxx Organic Resilience
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-22 13:37:55 Sylvan rolls 8 to cast Organic Resilience [Gnosis 3 + Life 3 + HS] (10 Again) 7, 7, 10, 7, 6, 10, 9, 1, 5, 6 3 successes
    2014-09-22 13:37:23 Sylvan rolls 10 to cast supernal vision [Wits 3 + Occult 2 + Prime 2 + Rote Spec + HS] (10 Again) 10, 6, 10, 1, 9, 5, 8, 5, 7, 10, 5, 5, 4 5 successes

After seeing the fliers, Sylvan decided it would be a good idea to join this 'Medstars' group for their class. He was fairly good at basic first-aid, but it would be a good opportunity to put a face to other Awakened until the city finally all came together. He was unfortunately a little late, as he wasn't very keen on getting around in Sacramento yet - but he eventually found the place. He walked in smiling, and with a friendly wave.

"Good evening, everyone."

He was pleased to see that everyone present was awakened. It was good to be able to talk about the Supernal experience freely.

"I hope I'm not too late?"

Miach

PRE

At the mention of live first aid, Miach's smile turned sour. It reminded him way too much of past memories he could do without. "I'm sure Arrows would agree with you..." he tried to say through dry lips, before quickly sipping from his extra sweet cappuccino, just the way he liked it. "But I hope to spread the word eventually. Slow and steady does the trick, or so they say..." The Acanthus wasn't about to give up on those, not one bit. Every people taught to could mean a life saved, or more, eventually.

Just when he couldn't pretend anymore to merely be enjoying his beverage, someone else came in, at last. "Good evening Sylvan. Make yourself comfortable, you're not late at all. Unless being the second makes you late, which I don't think it does." the tall doctor said, glad at seeing at least one more person interested. The more, the merrier.

Idun

PRE

At the mention of a live class... Yea, she can't help but just close her eyes and give her head a bit of a shake. Idun recalls how Animus told them to heal that one without magic after she had slit her own wrist. Even now, she doesn't fucking get why Vae had done that, all that really matters is that people who weren't even there seem to hold it against them. I doubt any of them got the whole story, just heard the bit about us not using Life to heal her.

As Idun opens her eyes, she notices and moves out of the way of the door, letting Sylvan by. "Welcome, good to meet you." She says as she follows behind the latest arrival.

"I'm Idun." She introduces herself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread