Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

You Called for a Meeting? (private)

THREADID

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Metunoctis

Zodiac was certainly a timely individual to say the least. A meeting was made, and she arrived just before she was meant to be there, dressed rather casually as she had changed out of her business attire before making her way to the Circle. With her messenger bag over her shoulder, she slid into the church for the time being and waited just inside the door for mister Fredrickson. Whether this was their final location for a meeting or not was still to be determined, but for now it was a place that was easy to meet at, which worked just fine for her.

precast
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-08 21:29:22 Zodiac rolls 4 to Third Eye+Mental Shield (HS)(-2 Duration, -2 Combined) (10 Again) 5, 6, 4, 10, 3 1 success

M
    Metunoctis

Ephah walked at a quick, calm pace towards the door, dressed in a black, silk, button down shirt, dark jeans, and a pair of black boots. With a polite smile he offered his hand and said, "Ms. Osbourne? Ferdinand Fredrikson, or Ephah now that we are in a more private setting."

already cast
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-11 17:32:54 Ephah rolls 7 to cast improvised Grim Sight (Death + Gnosis + HS) (10 Again) 10, 1, 1, 5, 10, 6, 2, 4, 3 2 successes
    2014-09-11 17:32:41 Ephah rolls 9 to cast Entropic Guard (Wits + Occult + Death + HS - 2 (24hr duration)) (10 Again) 5, 4, 5, 5, 8, 5, 3, 5, 8 2 successes

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Standing from her place, Zodiac smiled and offered her hand in turn. "Ephah, I see. I am Zodiac - just Zoey is sufficient - one of the Heralds of this city. Welcome to Sacramento."

New to the city. He seemed reasonably confident, dressed reasonably well. There were many things to be said about the man - just as many stories as his attire told, his hair told, his posture told. His story was hers to analyze as she greeted him, compiling information from every little gesture he made to create a painting of the man's history in her mind. Sharp blue eyes didn't miss a single little tick.

M
    Metunoctis

"I appreciate the welcome," he said with a slight bow. "I'm here with the intention of doing something about your Banisher problem, and from what I hear I've come at a good time for it. I was hoping to gain a better understanding of the political situation in the city, if you would indulge me."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Straight to business," she stated, though her expression seemed pleased as she inclined her head, gesturing for him to follow. "Shall we sit somewhere quiet to discuss?" She didn't wait for an answer before moving off to the side, finding one of the empty rooms in the Circle to take a seat again, gesturing the man to a chair across from her.

"Before we get to that business, please, tell me a little about yourself." What he told and what he withheld would say a lot about the man, and her gaze was watching for all of those things. Despite how casually dressed she was, it was clear enough that she indeed was focused on the task. "For instance, your Path, Order, where you're from, what brought you to Sacramento... trivial things, really, but important ones when getting to know one another."

M
    Metunoctis

"But of course," was the reply as Ephah followed Zodiac and sat down in the indicated spot. Looking thoughtful for a moment, as if deciding what was important, the necromancer began by answering the questions presented before moving on to other pieces of information. "I am a Moros, First Talon of the Adamant Order, and from Austin, Texas. If you aren't aware Austin's Consilium is approximately half Freak Ouncers, to borrow their terminology, with Mystagogues (primarily centered around the University of Texas) making up a sizable chunk of the Diamond. I had some. . . personal issues come up that forced me to leave, and came here upon the recommendation that my talents would be useful. I have a particular specialty in reconnaissance and 'surgical strikes'," this was punctuated by air quotes. "My promotion to First Talon came after leading a team to preemptively foil a Seer plot to unite Austin's Banishers against the Pentacle. While I understand the Banisher problem here is rather more solidified it is my intent to begin organizing a part of the Arrow to gain intelligence on the Banishers on campus so as to provide as much as an advantage when the full assault comes as possible."

"On a more personal level," he added, seemingly more as an afterthought, "I seek to improve the unity of the Moros Path, partly for our own sake, and partly to set an example for the other Paths to increase the cohesion of our society here. I hope that serves as a fair representation of who I am to you, and am willing to answer more questions if you like, but am eager to begin learning of the politics here so as to best make use of them towards these goals."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"You state that you do not know the political situation here," she began absently, "and yet you speak of setting an example for unity in other Paths and increasing cohesion...? This implies that you feel our city's concilium, which is new to you, is something you believe to be in some form of disorder and in need of the guidance of a newcomer." She smiled lightly.

"That is a very tall order and line of assumptions, First Talon Ephah. An interesting way to make a first impression." Though her tone gave away nothing as to how she felt on the matter.

"You'll forgive that I am not immediately jumping on explaining the political situation here to a newcomer. Baring in mind what you know of our issues with Banishers, simply taking a person at their word and handing over information about our structure is distinctly ill-advised. I understand the rush, but at the same time," her smile turned a little less friendly, "I am Zodiac, Warlock of the Visus Draconis and Herald of the Consilium of Sacramento. And words alone do not earn my trust.

"So,"
    Zoey's smile continued on, "patience. You are in an interview with a Herald. You are dressed appropriately for it, and yet you choose loose terminology and this sort of first impression." Rising, she poured herself and her guest a glass of water before setting them both on the table. Gathering Arrow to gain intelligence? That wouldn't have been her first call, but it was what it was. The composition of his former city would have meant things needed to be adjusted a particular way, but really - sending a squad of the local Arrow to gather information...? That sounded like a migraine for the year.

M
    Metunoctis

Ephah shook his head in response to her comment about explaining the politics of Sacramento, but let her finish. "Thank you," he said accepting the water offered to him, "but I'm afraid you misunderstand my expectations of this meeting. I have much to learn and I expect almost all of it will have to come from personal experience. This interview however is a gateway to my acceptance into the city and thus the beginning of my exploration into what I need to know. I mean no offense to you, but this meeting is to me merely a step towards what I need to do; that is what I mean when I say I am eager to begin."

"As far as first impressions, this is precisely the kind I would like to make. I have no taste for holding back what needs to be said. I may not be appraised on the specifics of your politics, but your city has a certain reputation. A scant few years to rebuild a Concilium from the ground up? That doesn't make for a stable situation. I am one of the two highest ranking members of the Adamantine Arrow in your city as a new coming First Talon, which doesn't bode well for my order considering the Banisher issue on top of other problems. When I attended a meeting of the Moros of Sacramento I found that almost all of us were new to the city and I don't believe any of us had met any of the others before the meeting began. Unless I am part of both an anomalous Path and Order here I don't expect it to me wildly more organized among the rest of the city. It's not a matter of guiding anyone whether I'm a newcomer or not, I see something that can be done for my new home and I intend to do it." The necromancer took a drink of the water, watching for the response Zodiac would give him.

Closed Thread