Ended
Watch

Honing Talons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

A notice had been posted on the door of the Circle's training hall, one that advertised that, for today, there would be no mercy for those who entered here. Today would be a day of martial excess, and magical force. There would be no rules save one: do not kill your opponents. Everything else would be cast aside. Training took many forms for the Adamantine Arrow, but for today it would take its most ferocious, brutal, and authentic one: full contact Magi combat. Spells, swords, knives, guns, bats, fists, claws, and minds would all be used today. The mats had been cleared out, leaving bare concrete for blood to splatter on, and bones to smash on. An assortment of weapons and equipment lay around the outside of the room, ready to be used by anyone with the will to wield them.

It would be a vicious day.

Currently, two Arrows stood in the room. One, a brave, ferocious paragon of physical prowess and martial strength. The other, a wily scrapper with a mind tuned to violence and skin soothed by blood. The latter was warming up with a few sun salutes, scarred arms bared by her usual sleeveless hoody, the one with the roughly mended patch and the bleach stain over her right breast. Sweat pants and lightly scuffed tennis shoes completed her war garb.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp was armed in her full combat regalia that day. Heavy leggings, a black t-shirt fit overtop of a Kevlar vest, with a nasty-looking knife sheathed on one hip, and a tonfa on the other. A choker was around her neck, and several small throwing knives were strapped to her upper thigh. Her hands moved in the unarmed kata of a master of escrima, one joint lock flowing into another disarm into a disciplined high kick, then repeat. Her body was controlled and honed from her preparations during dressing, Paradox's bruises having just healed away.

Her skin was toughened, she was protected against Supernal magic and her Sights were up, the training spells weaved into her Pattern.

She was ready.

The young Obrimos finished her katas and stretches, then looked to her cabalmate.

"So. You think anybody's going to join us?" she asked, a little smile crossing her face as she stepped into the ring.

2 goes at Honing (+2 STR) cloaked, Magic Shield activated, -4M, 1B soaked as 'dox before warming up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-01 22:10:50 Asp rolls 8 to Honing the Form (Strength) (Res+Ath+Life+rotespec+HS-4 for duration, cloaked) (10 Again) 2, 8, 2, 6, 10, 3, 6, 6, 6 2 successes
    2014-09-01 22:10:38 Asp rolls 1 to 'dox (Honing the Form, -1 for Rote, -1 for use of tool) (10 Again) 10, 1 1 success
    2014-09-01 22:07:38 Asp rolls 5 to Magic Shield (GNO+PR+HS-2 for 2 hours) (10 Again) 7, 8, 7, 2, 2 1 success
    2014-09-01 22:04:50 Asp rolls 8 to Honing the Form (Strength) (Res+Ath+Life+rotespec+HS-4 for duration, cloaked) (10 Again) 7, 10, 6, 2, 2, 6, 4, 5, 1 1 success
    2014-09-01 22:04:33 Asp rolls 1 to 'dox (Honing the Form, -1 for Rote, -1 for use of tool, Honing Arrow Thread) (10 Again, Chance) 8 failure

Active

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It's possible," Avis replied, rising from her last salute into tadasana, arms floating up until her palms touched and then her hands descended into the anjali mudra, ending near her heart. Actual Yogi's would be horrified by what Avis was using the yoga to prepare for, but she didn't care. It was appropriate, in it's way. Anjali was the murda for "offering", and soon she would be offering herself up for the betterment of her fellow talons. Or Talon. It depended on who showed up. Which was probably why Asp was curious.

"We didn't really make flyers before hand, so it depends on who's around. But, there should be a few Arrows in the circle. Especially with all the new people, so hopefully one of them feels like training today. If not, I guess I get treated to the slithering meatgrinder," Avis joked, dropping the pose and turning to grin at Asp.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

Organic Resilience(2) and Pulse of the Living World(2)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-02 08:20:33 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Gn+L+HS) (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 1, 5, 10, 5 2 successes
    2014-09-02 08:19:59 Striker rolls 6 to Pulse of the Living World (Lif+Gno+HS) (10 Again) 8, 5, 5, 5, 10, 1, 5 2 successes

Striker saw the notice on the door as he passed. Is this the weapons training Jono and Asp were talkin' about then? He pushed through the door to see who was there.

He had been about to head out and was dressed in his usual jeans, T-shirt, jacket with left arm pinned up, and sturdy boots His combat knife sat snugly in it's sheath on his belt. Seeing Asp and Avis he called out a greeting to them "G'day. Some sort of trainin' goin' on?" Always up for some sparring. He thought to himself, a smile on his face.

They looked like they were preparing for something, Asp in particular with weapons hanging off her on every side.

A
    Asp

Asp turned and chuckled at that. "The Slithering Meatgrinder," she said under her breath, amused. "That's awesome. You should announce it when we go to fight the Banishers. Banishers of Sacramento! Come forth and meet THE SLITHERING MEATGRINDER!" Asp laughed, completely entertained by the nickname.

As Striker arrived, she turned and gave him a wave. "Hey," she said. "Yeah, man. Full-pull training, no holds barred except killing each other. Arrow style. You want to get involved?"

Jonokuchi

PRE

When Jonokuchi has heard the rumours, he had no doubt he would be joining them. They were Arrows. Death was a constant state making every moment precious. It was why they lived as they did.

They were Arrows. Protectors and warriors. They needed to train this way.

As he entered the training hall, the large sumo was wearing his black sweats and matching hoody, something he picked up that hid the blood. Seeing Asp, Avis and Striker, he loomed over them and offered a bow remaining quiet. He held no weapons in his hands and, for now, had no spells active.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Naw, that's what you'll be saying," Avis shot back with an amused snort. "I'll be too busy saying potato." She grinned, the kind of cat-grin that said "bet'cha wish you knew what that meant, huh?" but she broke off when Striker came into the room.

"Ay, G'day mate! A bloody good arvo' for sparring, innit?"
    she shot back to the friendly Aussie, her accent sounding eerily close to Striker's own, even if the words might've been off. A friendly grin replaced the more taunting one and she waved him into the room. "Yeah, you're just in time. I'm really glad you made it. I was worried it was just gonna be me getting tossed about, ya know? How you been, by the way? I haven't seen you since the cage matches."

She broke off when the huge, black clad form of Jonokuchi darkened the door of the training hall. "Hey, Jono! Come join us! Four people makes for better training! Plus, I've never had a chance to see you in action. Ya know, when we didn't have hide everything we can do. Also, I'm digging the clothes. Did you decided to try the traditional outfit of my school for a change?"

Sound like a Striker
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-02 21:24:44 Avis rolls 5 to g'day mate (manip+subter) (10 Again) 8, 1, 5, 1, 10, 6 2 successes

T

The shamans grin turned into an open mouthed smile as Asp mentioned all out fighting. This should be good.

Then as Avis greeted him with her Aussie accent the smile became something of an open mouthed grimace of disbelief. Is she takin' the piss or what? As she continued he shrugged it off and his expression turned to an amused look as she mentioned being tossed about by Asp. He knew what that was like.

"Yeah. I've been ok. Bored mostly. Not much to do. I thought we were gonna go tackle some Banishers, but I haven't heard jack about them yet. Service is Mastery ay, but no-one's asked me to help out with anything." He answered Avis' question, but his response was for everyone in the room.

"So what's this training for then? Work out how to work together? Show each other what we can do?" he looked back and forth between Avis and Asp "Or just have a bit of fun?" His grin returned as he spoke the last option.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus had been wandering the halls of the Circle when he felt a tug of life. Curious, he began to amble toward the source, picking up his pace on seeing the flyer.

A glance to those present, and the briefest flicker of a smile. "I hope I'm not late to the party." Probably not a concern, given there didn't seem to be any traces of blood, but one could never quite be certain.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi's eyes slowly moved from Avis to examine the attire he was wearing, wondering if there was something wrong with what he had chosen. Finally, he looked back up. "I did not wish to ruin my kimonos," the Mastigos retorted. "They are hard to replace."

It was accurate. He didn't have much money and he was really quite passionate about his kimonos.

"Also, I've never worn a hoody. It was cheap and large. It seemed fitting." Was there a hint of humour? Perhaps. This was supposed to be fun.

When Animus entered, Jonokuchi looked his way. He'd heard what others thought of him and gave him the respect due, offering the Shaman a bow.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread