Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Cabal Angels Ritual, Activate!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He smelled soapy clean. He'd never managed to take a shower quite as good as the showers in the Circle of Creation, which confounded him. Honestly? He was curious if the Circle had some sort of cleanliness resonance.

He'd needed to, after clearing out a space in one of the unused theaters. Two rows of seats had been removed, creating a relatively clear space at the front of it. They were piled in a corner, unceremoniously, like a garish set of steel and cushioned corpses.

Why? Because Hearthmaster. Well. Someone had to do it. And he felt guilty. Not a lot guilty, but a little guilty. Lightbulbs, yo. And he sure as heck wasn't doing everyone's laundry. Nope.

So he'd made a ritual room.

Once he'd finished, dressed, and applied over a dozen band-aids to nicks and cuts from pulling out, okay, mostly the moving of, chairs, he padded down to Asp's theater, and knocked.

And turned away.

Because you never knew how someone was going to answer the door.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp answered the door clothed. In fact, she was wearing her regular summer garb for around the house. A pair of black yoga pants and a white tank top. Her hair was in a lazy pony, and she wasn't wearing makeup. Did she ever? It wasn't common. She had her Vices, but Vanity wasn't one of them.

"Hey!" she said, smiling at Star as she slipped out through the door and closed it behind her. "What's up, man?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, uh, you know. Same old."

His head slowly swiveled around, using his peripheral vision to make sure everything was as it should be before turning to face her.

"I wasn't, you know, doing anything today, and was thinking about doing My Thing. So I was seeing if you were? Because if you weren't, maybe we could do it."

That... didn't sound right.

"Do the thing. The ritual. A ritual. A ritualized spell casting." There we go. "Like we kind of talked about?"

He pointed two fingers at his eyes, and waved them up and down himself.

"I mean, no bigs. If you're busy. I was just gonna try and do my gogs and stuff for, like, a while. Get off the daily."
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Asp

She chuckled as he awkwarded it out, a genuine smile crossing her face. "Yeah, buddy. Let's get to it. I've got a few hours. Doing that stuff every day is a pain in the ass."

Asp rubbed her hands together, like she was a bit excited, actually!

"Ritualizing together. I haven't done this in ages. What do you want to use for a sacrament, and where do you wanna do this?"

Teamwork was good. They'd do hers another time. More Potency meant more concealment from Spell Cloaks. This was a good thing.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh. Right -- I cleaned out a spot, in one of the empty rooms. Not, like, super big, but it should work."

He wasn't totally sure what she did for her ritual schtick.

"As long as, you know, you don't, like, jog laps or something. I mean, because you run a lot. I don't know. I've only seen a couple, but they were, like, totally different."

One of them? Might not have even been a ritual. Whoah. Don't. Go. There.

He did a head bob and started walking.

"And, you know, I got a bottle of wine. Which I never really got? Wine, prime, maybe the whole angel biblical wine thing? Not that I'm complaining, or anything. Just, you know. Well. Maybe you don't? Some people pour it, but I just drink it."

Why waste it, yo?

Yeah, it was entirely possible they were going to get trashed and fling Supernal around.

"Oh. But. Like, you're not a, whatever it's called. Wine pro. Because, uh, I just got a bottle from the super market. It's not, like, fancy."

Because sugar daddy.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

"Actually? I have a steak dinner as a sacrament. Wine, like you, for Prime - and meat for Life. It gets a little cold over the hours, but hey. That's a tasty ritual." Like a Spicy Meatball. She followed him, slipping her hands into her pockets as she went. "You got wine glasses? I'm no connoisseur or anything. Long as it's drinkable."

She grinned at him.

"White or red?"

It didn't matter to her at all. Getting lit with Star was always a good time. Ritual castings would never be the same.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

One eye squinted as he gave her the You're An Alien look, and he shook his head with a laugh. Cold. Steak. Gross, yo. Because cold cuts. Sandwich meat -- it's a thing.

"Uh. Wine glasses?"

Someone's getting spoiled.

"If by 'wine glasses' you mean clear plastic cups? Like at festivals? Then I totally have wine glasses,"
    he grinned.

He meandered them into his theater. Most of the seats had been pulled out, and were piled along one side. A. Very. Big. Pile. Leveling of the floor had begun, and was nearly a quarter finished. He grabbed his backpack, and fished out a bottle, offering it to her.

"Hmmmm. Red. Is that okay?"

Because trip to the grocery store if not.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

She accepted and peered at the Yellowtail. She grinned. It was good for a cheap wine. "Yeah, man. That'll do just fine." Shiraz was okay by her, and she wasn't that classy. Just ask Zodiac.

Asp's head panned about, looking around his room. He'd gotten a lot of work done! "Nice digs, Star. You, uh, want some help moving those out or do you have plans for them?" A finger ranged over to point at the pile of seats.

"Also, where to ritual?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He glanced at the pile of metal, felt, and cushions and shrugged.

"I'm, hmmmm, not sure. Like, for plans? But it seems like a lot of good metal. Right?"
    Maybe furniture. Or ladders. Or stairs. He had some crazy ideas, and that was a lot of raw material.

"But, uh, thanks. For the offer. I'm just still, kinda,"
    he made a tumbling gesture with his hand. Hamster wheeling, yo.

He slid sideways and took a step towards the door. "Oh. Number Seven. The one straight across? I cleared a row. It already had some space, you know? So there's some room."

Theater numbers for rooms in the Sanctum? Too cool.

Sure, there was space in his, but. But. Spending hours in his room splitting a bottle of wine didn't seem like a good idea. Because wrong ideas. Pop Quiz: How do you explain drunk yoga pants stumbling out of your room half lit? Fail, yo. Because trick question.

"This is kind of cool, though, you know? The overlap? So we can do stuff like this."
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

"Yeah, fair enough. I got some extra too, if you need it?" Maybe she could sell some. Maybe not. She looked down at the bottle briefly, spun it around in her hand, then gave a chin-jut toward the door. "Sweet. Let's go to it, then!"

She grinned.

"It really is. One day we need to do an Angels on the Rooftop ritual. That would be a fucking awesome ritual." Asp laughed. "You know, we should see if there's a way we can work with the other two somehow long-term. Like, get trained in how to do that regardless of arcana... the four of us, we could put some crazy works into play."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread