Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Private) Past failures

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

True to his appointment, Miach had arrived early at the Museum. He knew better than to make Tyria wait. That meeting would perhaps be short lived, but it was mandatory for his peace of mind.

Climbing up the stairs and walking toward the desk, he smiled. At least he would see Gina. It never hurt the eye to see her. Small consolation.

C
    Casitive

Gina | Mysterium Sleepwalker | Striking Looks ••••

Gina is reaching for her bowl of candy when Miach came into view. Nude colored shoes tapped to an unheard beat beneath her glass desk, her miniature kingdom. Her fingers unwrap the small piece of candy before she notes Miach's arrival and then puts the candy back down on her desk.

Leave it to Acanthus to be on time.

Practiced motions, follow and her diaries are locked in the file-cabinet before she gets to full height. “Nice to see you,” Gina greets in Miach's direction in her polite-professional voice. “This way,” since he's on time, he doesn't have to suffer the indignity of waiting. A shake of her shimmering golden locks and she strides towards the Curator's office.

There's still employees in for the day, sleepers one and all. It seems the new trend is to wear their card-id tags on their waists.

Quickly knocking on the door to Tyria's office, Gina glances back at Miach trying to figure out what he's here for.

After a quick "Come in," Gina opens the door for Miach.

Miach

PRE

Miach felt almost sorry to see he was disturbing Gina, but he would have been much more sorry had he been late in Tyria's office, and so didn't really mind. He tried to put his best smile on, hoping to lessen the Factotum's potential displeasure. "Nice seeing you too, Gina. As usual." She had done nothing to earn less, after all.

Following her even though he knew perfectly well the way, the tall Acanthus respected the protocol to the letter. What he was doing was half out of contrition, and so he'd better do it perfectly.

As soon as he's granted leave, he gives Gina a thankful nod, and enters the office of his boss.

"Hello Curator Primoria. Thank you for receiving me yet again."

C
    Casitive

Tyria Primoria| Curator | SL •• (Elegant) | Mysterium Status: 3 | Cloaked Spells
    If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Gina slides out of the office, closing the door behind her and disappearing down a hall-way. First thing is first for Gina, she has to go lord over her Bejeweled Blitz score over Sam over in HR. Then she has to go get a couple of cups of coffee for Miach and the Curator. It'll take a few minutes.

The Curator is severely dressed: pantsuit, blouse. Her blazer sits on a nearby chair, a lattι from Temple Coffee sits between her fingers, and Tyria's sharp gaze is trained on the Mystagogue. It is an intense stare borne from both knowing and unknowing. Chance has a habit of surprising even someone who has life-charted out on the side of a coffee-cup.

No modern convenience calls Tyria's office home. There is no computer. There is no cell-phone taking up her attention.

Take a seat,” Tyria invites simply, with an expectant look that invites Miach to continue.

Miach

PRE

Tyria was being Tyria from the get-go, and Miach had expected as such. He was thus barely flustered when he seated as instructed. There was at least something to be said for her behaviour. The Acanthus was pretty sure no impostor would ever manage to exude that mix of elegance and coldness, if not disdain. It was like a signature presence, and it was comforting in its own, strange way.

"Thank you." the Medstar replied.

From the woman's look, her expectation was clear. If he had felt in a rebellious mood, Miach would have waited a little bit, or made some small talk, before getting to the point of his visit. As it was though, he dared not.

"I have requested this meeting because I would like to consult you over several items of my Sophiad, if you don't mind ?" He paused during a breath, and unless stopped, went on with his opening explanation. "I have recently had a talk with Neokoros Autolycus that has been... interesting." Among other things.

C
    Casitive

Tyria Primoria| Curator | SL •• (Elegant) | Mysterium Status: 3 | Cloaked Spells
    If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

People say 'interesting' when they are stalling for time,” Tyria reminds the Mystagogue. She turns her latte cup in her hands, consulting the hash-marks written in sharpie. Then she sets it aside entirely. Neat and well-read books line her office and a bird flies by just outside of her window. “Or,” Tyria offers faintly, “they are grasping and failing for a neutral adjective.

Her eyes snap up to Miach, “Which is it?

The Curator considers the Mystagogue in question before she notes, “Setian Autolycus is a task-master and trained by Censors; do not expect him to pat a person on the head.

That matter is apparently closed as Tyria moves on, “Let us speak of your Sophiad then, what is it that has you troubled.

Miach

PRE

Sharp as ever... Since she had obviously asked a rhetorical question to which she already knew the answer - as so very often - Miach was glad to let the point slide too.

Moving on to the core of the matter, then. "Setian Autolycus had me reminded of a past investigation I lead for the Mysterium with Aenigma.

You probably remember that we managed to catch three of the four scattered books - we handed them to your care, but that I and Aenigma were repelled by the protections surrounding the fourth one. That setback is not something I am proud of..."
    Miach steeled himself as he said the last bit of that talk. "... but I am even more ashamed to admit that I haven't followed up on that investigation. I don't know what happened since. I don't have a single clue...." not that he didn't have some reasons, but still. A failure was a failure.

"Can you tell me what is the status of that last Book, please, Curator ?" a student toward a teacher. "Can I make it up somehow ?" he asked faintly, looking down. He was resolute to talk about it, but not yet to the point when he could look Tyria in the eyes.

C
    Casitive

“The investigation that began while I was away and Jack was in charge?” Tyria questions, though she looks at Miach's face for the answer rather than waiting for one. “I heard something about animated cat-statues.” The Curator considers something then removes the cap from the coffee-cup.

“That trail has long since gone cold,” Tyria says in her unique straightforward manner. “In the time since, I've discovered that the books themselves don't Awaken sleepers, but they do find their way into the hands of those who are already – whether they know or not – Awakening.” There's a subtle difference in that tidbit that makes all the difference in the world to the Curator as she draws the cup towards her.

Peering into the cup of coffee, Tyria Primoria weaves a spell. Through the chalice in her hand, she is able to see the loom of time and fate and finally, she looks at Miach, “It no longer exists in this city. I assume whoever was holding it, has moved on.”

Augury 2 Successes, 'Does the Fourth Book still exist in this City?'
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-28 11:10:40 Tyria rolls 1 to Oh yeah, she's using a tool +1 (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2014-08-28 11:10:23 Tyria Primoria rolls 10 to Augury: GN + TIME (10 Again) 6, 5, 3, 6, 4, 3, 3, 6, 1, 9 1 success

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded as he learned of the book's actual fate, and its m.o. Bowing to Tyria's superior knowledge, he didn't even doubt her word about it. Under the clear light of certainty, the Enchanter felt a sour taste in his mouth. His own proficiency with Space was barely burgeoning, and retrieving it would probably be impossible now. He fidgeted, and slightly shook his head.

"It is a relief for Sacramento, but I can't help but feeling accountable for it. Do you want me to attempt and resume retrieving it, Curator ? Or shall it be tasked to more capable hands ?" Much as he wished she would choose the latest, the tall doctor just couldn't look the other way. That would be the easy way out, and that time was long gone, now.

C
    Casitive

Tyria takes in a breath and holds it, she releases it after a moment. “I'll send a message through the Eregori,” the Curator states finally. “It is nearly impossible to tell how far the book has moved in the last two years. However, I hold some Guanxi here and there. If it turns up, one of the region's Censors might tell me.

Slowly, Tyria slides the cover back over the coffee-cup. “Failures are just as important as successes, Miach. What have you learned from this one? What has the gift of hindsight given you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.