Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

An Informal Gathering

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

"I see," Sinead smiled gently as she thought on his words. "Cthonic Goddesses exist in many places, but I find often enough that the younger a kindred is the more likely they are to show prefered reverence towards Lady Persephone, given her rather unique disposition. Those of the Second Descent, however, I find often do not show her any recognition at all..." she explained, her expression peaceful as she spoke.

"I find that often they recite that she does not qualify - in fact I have heard," her expression soured for a moment, "that they consider her a Ghoul more than a Goddess, and given the general belief regarding Ghouls amidst the Second Descent, I find myself often sad to consider that one whose existence is so clearly parallelled by ours as Kindred... is considered a blemish..."

Her expression became a thoughtful one as she pondered the situation, looking simultaneously curious and contemplative as she did. "This is a refreshing change."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

C
    C_Lloyd

Notaku smiled as the conversation turned to something that he could appreciate, even if he did not fully understand. These were matters of faith, and he could hear the reverence and enthusiasm behind the words of his fellow acolytes. It didn't ring hollow, like some of the others topics mentioned this evening. For now, Notaku had no further questions of the Hierophant, and simply acknowledged his invitation to ask questions with a polite nod.

The Gangrel had spoken his mind enough for now. There seemed to be other matters that required discussion.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'That would be nice, yes,' the Hierophant says in response to Sinead's offer to share knowledge about the marriage ceremonies. When she speaks of Persephone, he stays still though. It is a classic example of how a woman that suffers great tribulation - like, being abducted by a God of the Underworld - comes out as a stronger Goddess herself. She has always been Chris' favorite Goddess in Greek mythology.

But for some reason, he doesn't feel like sharing that fact is absolutely necessary.

No, he's just happy that Edwin is honest and respectful, whereas the Nosferatu keeps on smiling. As the matter seems to be resolved, and there are no further questions, it's time for something else.

'My appointment as Hierophant was quite democratic, and I greatly appreciate that you trust me with this position. However, I have always been fond of the other positions within the Circle. A few years back I was Vala of the Crone. I remember how it felt like my dedication was recognized, and I was proud of my role. That is why I wish to openly discuss other roles. Sinead, you have been High Priestess before. Your knowledge of celebrations and traditions is great, it would be an honor to have you beside me as Priestess of our Circle.'

Then he looks around the table, curious, 'Naturally, I've thought about this already. But I wonder if anyone likes to take on the responsibility of one of the other roles?' He looks at Edwin and Notaku, seeing how they fit certain roles. But they know themselves better than he does. Obviously.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

When Sinead spoke, Edwin listened. He had never heard his Sire mention Persephone as a Ghoul before but he wasn't naive enough to think that there weren't those out there who believed such shit.

He wasn't one. Goddesses, all of them, deserved respect. For him, Hel was at the top of that list.

As Chris spoke of positions, Edwin frowned. "I ain't gonna lie, 'cos it ain't in my nature, but I've never held any position beyond that of Acolyte within the Crone. Hel, the only reason I put myself forward for the position of Hierophant was simply my ego talking," he said with a shit-eating grin, back to his normal self. "I'm a thug, I'm an artist. I enjoy the company of friends." A shrug. "If there's a position for me, I'll do whatever I can to make it work. I won't bullshit anyone and will learn whatever I can to make this Covenant a success."
    Scenes

C
    C_Lloyd

"Hrm. It seems as if we are not so different, Edwin."

Save that my ego wouldn't push me to take a position I did not know how to fill.

"I have been blessed by the Great Crow, and Her strength is in my blood. My blood is that of a warrior's but I am not yet proven in battle. Once I have proven myself to the Circle as a warrior, I would stand as Valkyrja. That aspect of the Mother often wishes to express itself, so an opportunity to do so would be... appreciated."

Notaku felt that Sinead would make an excellent Vala, but he would not suggest it. He waited, instead, to see if the Nosferatu would offer herself for the position. From what he could make of Edwin, both from their brief interactions is that he was dedicated, but still needed time to figure out in what way. After he finished speaking, the Gangrel sat patiently, his eyes fixed upon the Hierophant.

"What you ask of me," Sinead began softly, looking to Chris with a smile, "is that to be an Apex? A ritual leader and Vala for this circle? Or do you wish me to be a meeting point between yourself and others of our Circle?" She had the knowledge to be a functional Low Priestess of the city. A councellor, and someone who could assist the others in the Circle with their tribulations, to guide them through the understanding of the scars to be present on their souls.

She was a Mother. A blasphemous youth who had no idea what he said once called her Kalikamata - and paid the price. She was no Goddess, and she had long since departed from being a Maiden or Scarlet Woman. It was her place to help the younger Acolytes grow, learn and deepen their understandings. It was her place to council - and at times meddle, if she must. She was not the Vala who remained hidden behind a tome at all times, buried in her books and her study... not that kind of study, anyway.

"... if so, it is a position I would take with great honour."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris must withhold a grin when Edwin continues to be honest. But he cannot blame him, Chris has wanted the position from the moment he thought he was ready for it. An ego can make you think that pretty soon.

'There's no need to rush towards something. But I know you as an artist, and there are great ways to use your creativity for the Circle. The position of Skald was the first I thought of. A storyteller can also be an artist, you can show stories in your own way. It's a position that requires honesty... you seem like an honest man.' The Hierophant smiles, he has admitted quite some things already. 'But maybe we can work towards becoming a Haruspex? I know of multiple rituals that can be combined with art, prophetic rituals among them. Combining art and Cruac can lead towards great things.' And Chris is, sadly, not a good artist.

'The Blood of the Crow flows through you?' He assumes Notaku speaks of the Childer of the Morrigan. There was once another Storm Crow in Sacramento. It's too bad that she left so soon after her arrival. 'Then you're almost destined to be Valkyrja,' he says lightly amused, but also respectful. He doesn't want to believe in any prejudices. 'We can train sometime, if you wish? That's an offer for anyone, I'm quite an adept sword fighter. We can spar. But there may be enough opportunities to prove yourself in a real fight, your Clan Priscus can always use an extra pair of hands.' Ahem. Claws.

Then the wonderfully eerie Sinead. 'When I was the Vala of this Circle I used to lead some rituals. You can aid me whenever that's necessary, or when something happens to me.' For all we know, the Mekhet tends to spend some time in torpor every now and then. 'While I have a great knowledge of our world and our traditions, you have experience. You can choose to give the position the name you want.' He looks around the table, again, that counts for everyone.

Carthians would love this Circle.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

8. Likes West, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The big Viking stirs slightly in his seat. The movements are small and precise: a nod filled with renewed respect for Notaku blood of the Crow, another for Sinead. Appraising eyes drift, and linger, over Edwin.

"All this is good," he murmurs at last, rising with his hands flat on the table.

With a nod to the Hierophant, the Grove King leaves the room.

Gunnar exits the scene

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin thought of Chris' ideas and nodded in thought, in agreement. He grinned as his fingers once again trace patterns on the table, looking around as the rich voice of the Rex Nemorensis announced itself, stood and departed.

"Ok, deal," he finally said, looking back to his Hierophant, the excitement of having a role, a place, a duty, apparent.
    Scenes

C
    C_Lloyd

Notaku smiled softly as Sinead accepted her new role as Vala. He was also pleased to see Edwin would have a role in the Circle. Every one has a purpose within the community. He was anxious to see what each of them, including himself, would make of their new roles.

"I couldn't agree more. Chris, I would enjoy the opportunity to test my mettle against you. As for my Priscus, I have not had the opportunity to meet him, as he has been extremely busy, and I have not felt that it has come to the right time to approach him. Perhaps with the aid of someone more well known in the court, I can make contact? Or I can wait until he calls upon the clan to gather."

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread