Ended
Watch

An Informal Gathering

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

This conversation began to wear on the Gangrel. He certainly didn't understand this need to put on a show for the rest of the domain, but it seemed that the Hierophant wouldn't be swayed. He was sure that no one would come.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But a good hunter knew when to pick his battles. There was also the fact that Chris was an experienced Hierophant. Notaku simply did not know the in's and outs of the Requiem, and he had to have Faith that Wooding knew what he was doing. After Sinead's testimony, Notaku realized there was no point in arguing further. Whether Chris truly respected his opinion was not even relevant; the Hierophant wanted to throw a Halloween party, and there was really nothing that could be done about it.

Then Edwin spoke. Notaku turned to the Ventrue, as a sense curiosity overcame him. For the most part, Notaku spoke pretty literally, and he was certain he did not suggest that he would harm the Lord. "I apologize if you feel threatened by me."

Even as he said the words, he could feel his beast pushing him to challenge the Lord further. It wanted to go after the Lord for showing his weakness, and rip the tongue right out of his mouth. Notaku could barely hold back a sinister smile, a projection of the beast that lurked within him.

With that ordeal out of the way, Notaku addressed the Hierophant once more.

"It is clear that you will not change your mind about this. So the next question I must ask is what do you expect from us at this party."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

When all eyes are directed at him again, Chris slowly leans back in his chair. So everyone agreed that they should not fight amongst each other and that they should discuss things like sane adults - great.

At least we all know each other a little better now. What we like, and what we don't like.

Chris Wooding. Always the optimist.

After a moment of silent, wherein everyone could look angry of friendly at each other whatever they want, the Hierophant speaks, 'What I expect is that we all work together on this. We will not work out the details tonight. Everyone should think of creative ways to make this party a success, in a way you like it, in a way that we can make clear what Samhain is about. Come with ideas to me later, I'll work it out.' He smiles to Sinead, 'And trust me, if the party is not held at some public club or otherwise a "Courtly" area, I can only go for a more frightening costume than the previous simpler things I've worn.'

The topic of Hierophant fashion keeps returning in his mind... time for something else.

'But that's it, for as far as the matters go that I wanted to discuss at the end of this meeting.' He chuckles, now that peace has returned to the room he hopes that they can all continue this in a good atmosphere. 'I'm not sure if you've introduced yourselves already, told each other more about your backgrounds, but I would surely like to know more.'

'To start, as you may have noticed I'm not your typical Hierophant - if such a thing exists. But my history really doesn't go further back than the last century, so I won't act like I'm an elder ruling above you all. I was born in New York, embraced in San Francisco, and then I lived a while in Sacramento. So yeah, a party is not a strange thing for me, as a political tool, as a celebration for something spiritual, or as just a party - we're allowed to enjoy ourselves. There's enough personal information that I keep as a secret, but at the same time you may ask me anything. Frankly, I don't have a religious background at all. That may be the reason why I'm interested in everything, and why I accept more...' He shrugs, just more. 'But it is also why I value the basic principles of the Circle of the Crone above everything else. Why I believe in the Crone, and why other names are more symbolic for me. I admit that I have always been more attracted to Celtic history, and perhaps the more classic western paganism. I even researched modern wicca for a while... as I used to be a professional researcher, for several Universities throughout time. But even I still need to grow on my spiritual path.' He pauses, what else is there to say?

'Initially I hoped to share some simple personal stuff, much like we're in high school again. Whatever your age, high school has always been a place for new friends, right? 'But I'll end my monologue for now.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Sinead's expression became particularly confused as she tried to wrap her head around the concept of 'High School'... it wasn't working so well for her. She vaguely recalled having a tutor who taught her to read poetry and play the piano, and having to be prepared for schooling, but she wasn't certain what the man was referring to when he spoke of high school. Was it a schooling specifically for Nobility? Curiouser and curiouser...

Sharing time...? "I'm afraid that there is much information that I cannot share, as I mentioned before I do not fully recall all details," she sighed softly, "but my given name is Sinead. The earliest date that I can recall is December 21st, 1844. The longest night of the year, and the day of my wedding and Embrace."

She shifted a little bit in her seat, looking to the gathering and wondering if this would help the others understand some of her oddities. "My Sire was of the Crone, and I, too, was marked at a young age as meant to enter the ranks of the Crone. I do not recall much of my life before my Embrace - fragments here and there, but nothing solid. I spent many years in Ireland and when my Sire - my first husband - disappeared one day... I began to travel in search of him," she sighed lightly. "I never did find him. I was raised in an area where much classical paganism and Celtic history still existed, many myths were still passed on, though often under the nose of the Church... luckily at a young age I was not made to encounter many of the Lancea et Sanctum," she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "as in my youth I do not know how I would have responded to them.

"In the years following I wound up marrying by both traditional means and under the ceremonies outlined by Magna Matre - weddings as only the Circle of the Crone could understand fully. I relocated to Nova Scotia - Acadia, some called it still - where my family and I assisted in founding the Circle there. My travels have brought me a good deal of insight into religions of the world, and I remain curious about them even still. I do still hold to the notion that it is better to believe in something than nothing at all..."
    Her brows furrowed for a moment before she finally gave the table a perplexed look.

"... Truthfully... I'm not altogether certain what a Universities is... or High School...?" her smile was almost a little embarrassed at the admittance.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

4. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin bit his tongue. He wasn't here tonight to make enemies. These were people of a similar mind to him and there were going to have differences. Even if one was quite literally a giant prick.

Listening to Chris and then Sinead, Edwin cleared his throat as he was glad the conversation had turned back to something he could appreciate; namely talking about himself. Ego? For sure.

"Seems like I'm the youngest then," he chuckled, grinning. "I'm a fairly modern child, born back in the Sixties," a pause. "Nineteen Sixties," he clarifies before continuing. "Cali born, raised down on Santa Monica pier. Wild child, I guess, always hanging around in gangs and that shit. Never really religious but I always had respect for the unknown. One of the older guys saw my talent for drawing and taught me how to ink, which is where I got the hook for it. When I was Embraced, it was at a party where some rock stars were at. Apparently, she saw something in me," Edwin added but didn't explain further. Not one to hide his emotions, it was obvious that the Lord was certainly keeping something back from his story. "Anyway, she taught me all about the Circle, which I've come to love, and about the Second Descent, a faction that I believe in. Spent some time down in LA before catching boat from there to here."
    Scenes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"When I was but a man, we did vike in the English lands, and across the steppes of Kiev Rus. I fought with Turkmen in what you call the Black Sea and trade in Byzantium." His posture shifted - pride rang through his body as surely as a bell. "My Sire had claimed a hold as her own. I was her chosen champion to remove the bad influence of another of our kind. Permanently."

C
    C_Lloyd

Hrm...

Notaku couldn't quite grasp the need to reveal this sort of information to the others. Wasn't the fact that they were all acolytes good enough? Still, he had little choice in the matter, seeing as the Hierophant seemed to require something of him.

Chris and Edwin's backgrounds somewhat explained their positions this night. Notaku had his faith instilled in him from the day he was born, while they picked it up after joining the Circle. That they were more interested with what was more fashionable than what was spiritual was still a a concern. Time would tell whether it was a valid one.

I do not know of the second descent. I will have to ask him about that later.

The Pride in Gunnar's response caused Notaku to smile.

"My family and tribe hails from Soshone lands north of here. My sire is a Nomad, and was the only of our Kind I met before coming here, but he taught me the basics of society and of the Covenant, but challenged me to learn how to survive amongst Kindred rather than apart from them. My worship of the Mother has been part of me since I have been capable of learning. My experience with Her other guises are limited - I have only some basic understand of certain eastern traditions in relations to my own."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

The Hierophant listens carefully when his fellow acolytes speak. So Sinead, she's quite old, and experienced indeed.

'I would love to hear more about the Circle wedding ceremonies sometime, Sinead. Sadly enough, I have never witnessed one.' He's sincerely interested, of course. Not that he's planning any weddings anytime soon...

He chuckles, 'And high schools are part of the modern day education system. Younger children go to preschool, then primary school, followed by secondary school - or high school. For academic education one can then go to a University.'* That's that.

When Edwin mentions the Second Descent Chris looks at him, interested. He has heard of several factions of the Crone. Very interesting. But that's also a conversation for another day. Right now... the Rex Nemorensis is talking. Actually sharing information about himself. Maybe it's not a surprise, but at least it's a nice thing.

He nods to Notaku, the Soshone Kindred has already asked a several things, but he should feel free to ask or tell more. 'I just want to say to everyone, that if you want to know something about, well, anything, feel free to ask. I have been gone for a while, but some older residents of the Domain can't have changed that much, and they may be hard to deal with.' Chris doesn't want to see anyone get unlucky, with a certain leggalicious lady - for example.

He waits a second to see if anyone has personal matters, or otherwise some questions already, before he moves to next topic.

* Right?
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin remains silent, his finger tracing symbols on the table in front of him. His eyes gaze from Chris to the others before going back to his, apparent, random tracing.
    Scenes

The blonde woman remained quiet as she listened to the others, her gaze on each person as they spoke clearly seeming intent on each of them while they spoke before moving on to the next. Once all had finished speaking, her gaze turned solidly back on Edwin, her eyes seeming to be searching for something. The Second Descent? Unfortunate... they would never be on the same page, quite likely. The Second Descent and she had many disagreements, but that did make her utterly glad that this man was not their Hierophant.

For now, however, she dismissed the notion to continue to listen to the others. Shoshone? That was entirely foreign to her, though she hoped she and Notaku would have the opportunity to discuss it in the future. The Rex's heritage didn't even strike her as a surprise, a smile settled on her features at his words before her gaze turned on the Hierophant, her expression becoming one of wonder.

"... I see. That is most unfortunate, Chris," Sinead smiled gently, "in my eyes it has always been a gift that the Crone has bestowed that many others will not see or consider. Perhaps we can one day sit and, if you'll allow, I can teach you of these ceremonies. They are very old and are still passed on entirely orally to my knowledge, but I am happy to continue the flow of knowledge."

And then her gaze settled once more on Edwin. "Pray tell, brother," Sinead began quietly, "is the Lady Persephone among your beliefs?" She was certainly curious as to his answer, and her gaze appeared to peer through him almost. She sought something, quite clearly.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin's finger paused as he glanced back up towards Sinead. Something in her question made his brain think, automatically defend against anything else that could possibly be thrown his way.

"No, she is not," he replied, his husky voice, usually full of cheer and boom, now quiet and withdrawn. "I have the utmost respect for her, don't mistake me, however a majority of my prayers go to Hel."

He left it at that. After tonight, he would be spending a majority of the next week tattooing another name to his list.
    Scenes

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread