Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1408) Vivian and Max

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Aug 17, 2014 : (1408) Court XXXI Super Heroes & Villains
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

He quickly shakes his head, followed by a soft chuckle. "My apologies as well, it seems we were both a little distracted. These themed Courts are a sight to see, aren't they? Even if this one is a bit more technocolor than most. I don't believe we've met before madam; I'm Max Heinz..."

V
    Vivian York

“Well, perhaps not so much distracted as fixated on things.” Returning the thin man’s jovial lightness. It also struck her off, as the man seemed cold mannered, given his immediate demeanor.

Raising her hand to her chest then passing it forward, palming upward as she offered her name. “Forgive me, I’m Vivian York. Pleased to meet you.”

“Themed Courts seem to break up the monotony of a Requiem. Sometimes they’re a hit, sometimes they’re a miss.” The Daeva’s voice not judging the current one, yet the tone offered a small glimpse into her own previous courts. She leaned back on her hips, pulling a finger up to her lips and obviously studying him. “Hmmm, I am not entirely acquainted with whom you are portraying. Unless, of course, you’re Crocodile Dundee…” Winking slightly pretty sure by the man’s outfit that he was probably not, but close!

Costumes, an excellent excuse for purposeful staring..

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max tilted his head ever so slightly to the left as the woman corrected him on her fascination with the Court's decorations. He gave the woman and her costume a good look over; though it wasn't the staring of a man studying the curves of a gorgeous woman. It was more the appraising look of an art dealer regarding a canvas.

Beautiful eyes. Form-fitting outfit. Easily fascinated with shiny objects. She must be a Daeva...

However, his stance quickly returned to normal as the woman offered her name and hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Ms York..." He dipped his head, giving the offered hand a polite kiss before pulling his own back to his side. As she spoke about the Court, Max's posture relaxed a little as his weight shifted backwards onto his heels.

"Yes, they're good for that; keeping things interesting. The planners usually do a good job of selecting themes. Now, the way people interpret those themes? That can be a different story..." Of their own accord, Max's eyes darted over to the the Hound of South Sacramento. The Mekhet had no idea if the ears were the result Dog losing a bet with Roxy or just the Gangrel's... unique sense of humor. Either way, Max sure as hell wasn't going to ask.

Returning his full attention to Vivian, her guess brought the hint of a smile to his lips and a soft chuckle. "You know, I hadn't thought of that one. Allan Quatermain, reluctant Great White Hunter and Gentleman Adventurer; at your service." As Max introduced his alter ego for the evening, he removed the hat with one hand and brought it to his chest. The other arm crossed behind his back, followed by an overly dramatic bow. As he stood up and replaced his hat, the edges of his lips were perked up in a definite grin.

"Silk Specter, correct?" Max offered his own speculation as to the woman's inspiration, suddenly thankful no one had decided to show up as Doctor Manhattan...

4. Likes Chrisie, Jag, West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

“Have you witnessed an issue with interpretation at a court previously? Aside from being entirely naked, I’m sure this can’t be much of a problem.” The Daeva hadn’t a notion of what could really go wrong from dressing non-accordingly.

“I’m quite new to this Domain and unsure what sort of protocol they expect. I also haven’t had any sort of chance to get to know the residents other than Harpy Velma Star, Seneschal Martha Villiers and Mr. Wooding; whose first name I haven’t heard yet.” Counting the whole three people she’d previously encountered. An elegant questioning tone in her voice as she said their respective titles.

Hmmm…I’m fairly positive I got their titles correct. Information overload that night.

“Ah, Quartermain, I may have seen that character in a movie once.” Her eyes pondering back a little while she looked into Max’s eyes. Perhaps a little forward, but she wasn’t the type to look away.

Beaming, she slowly nodded. “That’s absolutely correct, how did you know?” Clearly interested to the interworking of the man before her. “Or, is it just the tight... fitting... spandex that you look for in picture shows?” Playfully winking to the huntsman. That brings back some memories…

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max thinks over the woman's question for a few moments, then softly shook his head. "Nothing too egregious, I suppose. The biggest problem seems to be bringing weapons to the Elysium; there have been a few instances where folks were not aware they were forbidden. Though, it seems that restriction has been relaxed a little for tonight..." He make a quick motion of the head towards Dead/Wood and his katanas. "Personally, I decided to play it safe..."

He flipped back the sides of the duster, revealing empty holsters on either hip, then chuckled slightly at the question of anyone showing up naked. "Not quite that bad; though with some of the outfits I've seen over the years, they might have well been." Not that it mattered a tick to Max. Though, he did wonder if theme Courts like these brought out the skimpy clothing because people wanted to show off or if they just felt pressured to conform to what everyone else was going to wear. A bit of anthropological study for another time perhaps...

Max's attention perked up a little as Vivian mentioned she was new to the Domain. Having been so long away, he had begun to wonder how far behind the social curve he was. At least he and Vivian would be on the same footing as far as knowledge of recent events. He slowly nodded his head as she listed off the few members of the Domain she had met using their proper titles. "Well, you're in luck then; there are several Covenant heads already here, as well was Regents and Prisci. And of course, Prince Clarke..."

He did find it a little hard to believe she hadn't met the Prince yet. Asa, missing the arrival of a beautiful woman? Maybe Bizarro World was closer than just a setting for tonight's Court...

Max raised a curious eyebrow as the woman talks about movies. "My apologies if it was one of the newer ones. Anything after the 50's isn't really a good portrayal of the character."

He gave another soft chuckle at her comment about Max's tastes in costuming. "No, afraid they're not really my taste. I have my Ghoul to thank for my current knowledge of comics and pop culture. Admittedly, it's mainly through osmosis; I catch glimpses here and there of whatever she's obsessed with at the moment. My personal knowledge of popular culture ends somewhere in the 1940's..."

7. Likes Jag liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

“Weapons?” Vivan kept her tone quiet, despite her surprise. “Are there that may half-wits that do such a thing?” The Daeva may have carried a few things on her, but she at least had the brains to leave it in her car. A dumb Daeva is not funny in the least. “How could you be ‘unaware’ I thought Elysia’s were quite universal. Or at least the one’s I have been to have had nearly the same cardinal rules.” Shaking her head, black tresses falling over a shoulder.

I may not be a genius, but flat ignorance is frustrating.

The Daeva snickered. “Well, I should hope that they would arrive at an Official Court, dahling.” When Max mentioned the Prince and a few others, she skimmed the room a little, her hands opened up a little too the room as she did. “I have seen the names, of course, but their faces I am unable to put a match to as of yet.” Clasping them gently at chest height.

“Thankfully, I have kept up on culture, although somewhat at an arms length since that time.” Careful not to reveal her true age, but there was an inkling nonetheless. “A little bit here and there goes a long way.” The tiniest of a wink from within the bangs of her raven hair; a hint of a double entendre.

Enjoying Max’s company at the moment, The Daeva thought she’d continue. He may be a nice gentleman, but she was familiar with disguises. “Well, what taste suits you, Mr. Heinz?” Vivian’s smile enticing a little more from the man as she turned into his bubble a little.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max can only answer the woman's question with a shrug. "Every Domain is different, I suppose. I've known Kindred who consider them part of a dress uniform; especially those that served in the military or who are part of the Sheriff's office. I suppose it all depends on how those in charge view the presence of weapons."

Where the woman snickered at the presence of the powerful in the city, Max remained serious. "You would be surprised. There are some, especially the Regents, who value their privacy; and most members of the city are smart enough not to encroach on that desire. Now, certainly the Court Officials try to make it to the Official Court." He raised a curious eyebrow as the woman mentioned not being familiar with all the movers and shakers of the Domain, wondering if the woman was fishing for more information. Well, let it never be said the Mekhet was unhelpful...

"Let's see... The man over there dressed as the Shadow is Arnold Culler; a long-time resident of the Domain and one of the keepers of the city's Necropolis. He's one of those that likes to keep to himself.

The woman in the karate outfit is Roxie Hart, Regent of South Sacramento; also one of those that enjoys their privacy.

The... whatever he's supposed to be over there with the headband is Dog. He's Regent Hart's Hound and all-around... interesting fellow. Highly entertaining, in small doses.

The man next to him with the skull shirt is Reeve Dillon Connery. He's also the head of the Lancea Sanctum, the Gangrel Priscus, and a Regent. Pretty sure he doesn't have a lot of "free time" these nights.

The woman over there with the purple hair is Au Pair Daniella Sage. She's also the Keeper of this building..."
    Max still had a hard time not attributing the building to Twist. "as well as the Mekhet Priscus.

The woman in the purple cowl and cloak is Dr Emma French, one of the Reeve's Deputies.

And that just leaves the Prince himself, Asa Clarke..."

Each name and description is accompanied by a nod of the head in that person's general direction. Max knew better than to start pointing at people randomly in Court while in a private conversation; people might think he was up to something...

There was a bit of a chuckle at the innuendo; Max's lips perking up with a hint of a smile. "Well, as a Mekhet I can certainly appreciate subtlety, Miss York. Though I have found that sometimes, the only way to get things moving is to come out swinging..."

Letting the woman make of the statement what she will, Max's smirk turned into a full on self-depreciating smile and soft chuckle. "Well, my ringtone is Rhapsody in Blue, and I still have a gramophone record of it I bought new; so that might give you a little hint of where my tastes lie. Beyond that? I don't think I really have a "style", beyond history. You might say the past is a hobby of mine..."

10. Likes Wolven Pryde liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Nodding in agreement to the thin man’s assessment of Domains, Vivian had the same look upon her face when privacy came up. “Ah, yes, I do understand respecting one’s privacy a fair bit, despite my Family.” She said honestly, for not many were aware that she too was a bit of a private person.

Vivian’s eyes moved along as Max began to describe who was who. Eventually, she’d either meet or figure out them all, but this was yet another data-dump. She was use to such matters in debriefings anyway. Glancing in Dog ’s direction, and Max’s inflection on a word, she repeated. “Interesting, yes, I shall say.”

The Daeva’s blues also looked to Dillon Connery , a small air of pity in her eyes. To be so busy with work in a Requiem is hardly fair… Her gaze quickly turned to Daniella Sage , her brows rose slightly impressed. It was strange to her that the City was small enough that so many held multiple titles, or they were that good of a Kindred. There was always a method it seemed. Then on to Emma, many to remember. But at least she knew the faces to call on should an incident arise.

Yet, when Max indicated Asa as her eyes followed the man’s lead, she was a little taken aback since she was aware of the eye contact with the handsome Prince earlier. Oh bother, I should have kept my eyes to myself. She caught herself again lingering in his direction before quickly turning her attention back to Max. Scolding herself since she was generally more subtle about things. The move must have stirred her senses. You are better than this.

“I concur, Mr. Heinz. But it’s how you come out swinging that counts.” Vivian winked, enjoying the shift of topics.

The Daeva’s finger moved to her lips, tapping them over the smirk. “That does allude to quite the hint. However, considering we learn from our past, Kindred or Kine, you must be a walking book of useful knowledge.”

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max could only nod his head as the woman talked about Family. It seemed to rule out the Mekhet and the Nosferatu, which is in line with his earlier assessment of the woman.

If he noticed the way her attention was drawn to the Prince, Max certainly doesn't comment on it. Asa seemed to have the effect on women. And a few men. But, it's California, who was he to judge...

He does raise an amused eyebrow at her little joke. "Ahh, so you're a woman that appreciates technique. I'll have to bare that in mind..." Max's smile might have perked up a little bit after that one...

When it came to the topic of knowledge, the Mekhet could only shrug. "You would assume so, wouldn't you? And yet, I find myself a man that keeps making the same mistakes and failing to learn from them. Perhaps this time will be different."

V
    Vivian York

“Oh, Mr. Heinz, it is all about technique. Given our possible respective ages, you know good and well this is perhaps a fairly accurate.” The Daeva winked to Max, who was to say what connotations it had. But they were speaking of subtly and public appearance. Vivian had other traits where technique was involved, but currently, she’s stick to the illusion of whatever Max was thinking for now.

“What sort of mistakes, if you wish to share?” It seemed her time in Toronto made her a little too forward, but it could be the Succubae in her charging out of the gate. Vivian could stick with the overly polite social aspect of her previous life, but that was rather dull.

“Also, could you clarify ‘this time will be different’? You could be referring to a number of things; business opportunities, courting, arising from the Long Sleep...” Considering he was just speaking of technique, he could have been talking about an escapade of some sort.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread