Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting the Regent

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris arrives at the State University 30 minutes early. He's fortunate enough that he actually knows the area, but he's not going to let anything happen to make him late. Erika Brady gave up her coffee break to meet him, better make it worth it.

How? Yes, he's thought about that. He realized that he has no idea how to deal with the Regent exactly, so unpredictability shall lead the conversation. He's not nervous, no he's past that. Two years ago he would have shit his pants, now he thinks that they can both benefit from a good deal.

And yes, I left two times, shortly, but I have a past to deal with. He could just as easily have been in torpor for a while, and in his opinion, you can't really blame him.

To be sure of everything, he activates his enhanced senses, then he approaches the sandstone building Brady was talking about. If it's still open at this hour, he'll take a quick look inside. "Find me there". That's what he will spend the next 30 minutes on: Inconspicuously wandering around, checking both the building and the area around it.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Roll Wits + Investigation + Auspex for Chris, please.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-14 16:52:17 Chris rolls 9 to Wits + Inves + Auspex (10 Again) 2, 8, 3, 7, 7, 1, 8, 8, 9 4 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-15 06:16:28 Erika Brady rolls 15 to contest of wills; Resolve + Stealth + Obfuscate (10 Again) 2, 3, 7, 3, 8, 5, 10, 1, 9, 2, 10, 3, 7, 4, 7, 4, 9 5 successes

Despite his piercing the night with Auspex, Chris doesn't see Regent Erika Brady until right when she wants him to. Right as he's rounded a corner, and there most definitely should not be anyone behind him.

"Good evening, Mister Wooding."

At least she isn't right behind him. But at a respectful, conversational distance. Nevertheless, should she have wished to do something at a more intimate proximity, she certainly could have. It's a plain, unspoken message that plants a bit of a smirk on her face.

Her red hair is pulled back into a severe, serious bun. And her attire is a simple dark blouse and pencil skirt that have a similar no-nonsense fashion about them. Lending credence to the general assumption of the woman's demeanor that she doesn't waste time or allow her time to be wasted beyond what she has allotted. A clutch, large enough to hold a tablet in addition to other effects, rests comfortably in one hand, hanging beside her hip.

The words had come precisely at the appointed time, provided you clock is set as exactingly as hers are. Chris' fifteen minutes have started.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris can't deny he is slightly startled by the sudden appearance of Erika. It is noticeable, since he freezes and his hands clench into fists. He knows he's not bad at being Mekhet, but the Regent is clearly the superior Shadow here. Not that there was ever any doubt. A second later, he relaxes and turns around.

He makes a respectful bow with his head, 'Good evening, Regent Brady.' There's an amused smile on his face, every Mekhet wants to pull that - *poof* hello - trick on someone.

Then for a moment you can see Chris think. He might have prepared this conversation in his head. He decides not go with it, to keep things natural. Still he sounds as if he's in a good mood, 'So, shall we get straight to business then?'

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika's free hand makes a gesture, like she's handing something invisible over. It's just a nonverbal means of communicating that the 'floor' is now Wooding's, and he may continue.

"Please do,"
    she adds, dryly.

It is his fifteen minutes after all. She wishes to see what he planned to do with them.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris gives the Regent a single nod before he starts. 'First of all, it has come to my understanding that you're still welcoming our family to feed in Citrus Heights, you have my utmost gratitude. To put words into deeds, I also wish to offer you a minor boon. I'm not proud of leaving Sacramento, it has always bothered me when someone gains a position and then leaves the city, now I'm one of those people. Since you are the most stable and respected member of our family, you are the only one I feel I owe an apology to - not to mention, also because I respect your unaligned position.' He smiles, those two powerhouses in Sacramento seem to grow larger every week. 'I can promise you that my past - mainly in San Francisco - has finally been dealt with.'

Before he continues he tries to gauge her reaction, then he quickly talks further. 'Now if you'll have me, I wish to build on a continued agreement between us. I have no insight in how many kindred are using your Domain as their main feeding grounds, but I'm sure it is a lot less crowded than the communal zone. There are a few things I want: first, access to your Rack. And second, there may be plans for a coterie in the near future. Naturally, the details are for another time, but we will be looking for a place to have our shared haven.' It is clear that Chris hopes this is indeed more than a one time deal. 'Now I could offer more boons, or anything you feel appropriate to test if I'm even worthy of this. I would offer to serve as your Hound, but I'll doubt if you want me around too often, given your busy schedule.' A slight attempt at humor, because... Erika was once human too.

But dear Goddess, as Hound she could bitch me around for an unlimited time. Then again, it would also be some sort of position for Chris, so you can look at it from different perspectives. Anyway, now that his first cards are on the table, it is time to start the negotiation.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika resists the urge to look at a slender watch on her wrist. She supposes the former Hierophant, and Priscus which she herself nominated, is simply trying to marry eloquence and honorifics with his need to quickly state the business he had come here for. But it is slightly verbose, and she has grown to respect a more pragmatic approach.

Primarily because they are so rare.

"Access to my rack," she echoes, a faint touch of a smile pulling at the corner of her lip.

Curse whatever feckless kine first invented that insipid slang. It's impossible for even Kindred dodge mortal idiocy without sounding profoundly vulgar.

"My Hound will have access to the Rack of Citrus Heights first,"
    she continues, coolly, "and before any other. If you wish to be he, then I have a task for you." And as Chris has guessed: "The first of many. You will be earning your keep, of course. Not merely strutting around the Domain waving a title."

Here, her eyebrow raises. Silently asking if she should continue, or if he has lost his nerve.

9. Likes Wod.Infant, West liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris arches a single eyebrow, happily surprised and very interested. Of course, what the Regent thinks is right. But doesn't everyone say a nice thing or two, before they ask for something serious? And in this case, every word he said was sincere.

Besides, there are other Regents to do business with, maybe even nicer Kindred. But Chris chose Erika for a reason.

'It would be an honor.' And you can say many things about the young Mekhet, but he has never simply waved his titles around. He is a man of pride. 'I'm all ears.'

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"Very well," Brady continued, after a moment. "What do you know of the inert supposedly-Kindred skeleton recovered from a local museum, some two years or so ago?"

If the Cacophony is to be believed, Wooding himself had some part in the investigation. Perhaps his departure had something to do with why sufficient progress had been so miserably stalled.

12. Likes Wod.Infant, West liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread