Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Angels of Harlem

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    A
    Asp

Asp chuckled. "Yeah, I know you don't. But you definitely think Leo's off, and I'll be honest with you, you're not the only person I've heard saying stuff like that." She certainly didn't sound like she was on the First Talon's side. She shook her Vanilla Coke at him lightly, giving him a teasing look when she got called out. "Papa John's is probably still open?"

She chewed another cracker stack thoughtfully, popping an eyebrow as he explained further. That was remarkably vague.

"What are you talkin' about, Star? I do wanna know."

She certainly looked interested.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Pizza. So delicious. So long to wait.

"I may go somewhere,"
    he mused.

Hadn't he just come from somewhere? Whatever. Because hunger. And sometimes? He just needed a break from 4W. Because. Because. And because.

"Oh. Uhhhh. Hmmmm."
    This time? He was definitely folding his arms because he felt defensive.

"Well, you know. After a couple of people left, Leo started What-If'ing about Path Councilors. Weavebreaker said it was kind of late for a vote, since, you know, people had left? But Leo didn't listen, and pushed real hard for it to be him or Adrian. I dunno. Like he wanted all the people still left to decide."

There was something else... what was it?

"Oh. And apparently? He threatened someone named Azure. I don't know who that is, but, uh, Leo totally thought it was funny."

So cray cray, yo.

"Dunno. Probably mean Lycus wasn't exaggerating, though?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

"I'll join you, if you want," she suggested. As she listened to his story, though, Asp's face darkened. Hard.

"Sorry, he did WHAT?!"

She stared off into space for a long moment, then her eyes flicked back over to Star. She took a breath. She calmed down. She buried the urge to point out the dishonorable nature of that kind of action.

And to knowingly try to get the Council spot when both of the Veiled Threats had already left?

"That's not okay, at all."

She sat down on one of the tall stools, trying to stop herself from being pissed. Why try to sneak it in? "We have a thing in the Arrow, where we find positions of Consilium authority, thrones, to be a prison preventing us from our greater purpose. A tenet, or whatever. It's why the Adamantine Arrow don't take up political office often. It's our duty to serve and protect offices... so I'm surprised he even wants it? But like, why wait until I was gone?"

Asp looked frustrated.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He took a step, stopped, pointed at her, then the way out.

"Oh. Wait. Were you not being serious about joining? Like, you were just saying that to be nice?"
    Sure. There's another topic on the table, but priorities. Hunger, yo. It's A Thing. "It's cool. Sorry. I'm not super good with, uh, you know. Knowing the difference. Between someone saying something to be nice and being serious?"

The idea that the other topic had made her sit? Nah.

"And, well, yeah. It was pretty skeeze-y. I think he thought I left? I dunno. But, hey, seriously? Are you that surprised? After Consilium?"

He shifted his weight, and shrugged.

"I mean, not calling on you for Sentinel? Maybe the dude's, you know, threatened by you." Well, in all fairness, he probably wasn't the only one. "After Arrowlympics. But I dig what you're saying. He seems, like, way more interested in, uh, what do you call it. Power? Than I thought Arrows were. But, I'm not an Arrow. So. Whole lot of maybe I've got it wrong, maybe it's none of my business."

Watch your back, yo. Because skeeze-y.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp's frown deepened. That shit had wounded her pride. She performed and represented the Arrow in a manner that she and her mentors would have been proud of, and instead, some random Archangel was called on but not her?

"Yes, I want pizza after this."

It rankled.

She chugged her Coke and crushed the can in one strong little fist. Threatened? Of course he was. That was the answer. It had to be. She'd taken a sword, which wasn't even her thing, and bitchslapped him through his best defense.

"Maybe I should've let him win the fucking sword-fight," she murmured. "I don't care about being Sentinel. Avis will do a great job, and so will Animus. But you haven't got it wrong. Tossing Fire at me at AFD. Breaking his own rules. Bypassing me for his Cabalmate who nobody fucking knows? And now, trying that shit at the Obrimos meeting?"

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Pizza?

Okay, either he was confused, or she was. Maybe it was him. Wouldn't be the first time, or last time. Unless she meant go get some. But who did that? Why go out for pizza when they'll bring it to you? If you wanted pizza.

He really needed to stop thinking about food. Maybe that can crushing was a clue. Not that he wasn't sympathetic? He just wasn't sure what the appropriate response was. Should he crush a can too? It didn't really seem like she needed a hug.

Would Toby Esterhase know what to do or say?

"Well. Uh."

He ruffled the back of his mop with a hand.

"Well. Obviously the Angels, like, Obrimos Angels not Arch Angels, have some talking to do? But. Maybe this Leo thing, like I said, maybe that's not what it is."
    Sure seemed like it. But, still. Side note? Kind of nice. The whole cabalie thing, instead of Order thing.

"What about, uh, talking to Elder Animus? Asking him what he thinks?"

Because Arrow.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

"Yeah, I guess we do need to have a meeting. We do need to pick someone," she said with a tap on her cheek of two fingers. "And I will. Animus... yeah."

Asp knew the elder Arrow better than Star might expect. She knew he wasn't who he once was, but that his heart was in the right place and he could still kick a lot of ass. "Maybe he'll have some good thoughts about it. I don't get the sense that he's one to bullshit around, you know?"

She stood up and tossed the crushed can in the recycling, making her way to the fridge to pull an Evian bottle out. "Is it cheating if it's just a one-time fling?" she said with a little smile. Asp didn't stay down long.

Ignore the ten other cans left in the box. They're just a figment of your imagination.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He eyes widened, just for a second, and he studiously avoided looking at the trash. Because park.

"Ummm. Yeah."

It was an agreement, but tinged with something else. Animus? Mixed feelings, yo. Because.

"But you totally should."

Maybe it was some Arrow thing? Could be. You'd think Animus would know. Rumor had it he was once Hierarch, so the guy had to be all kinds of political savvy. Also? It might be a fast and easy way to see if things were what they sure looked like. Old guard versus new arrivals.

Well. This was awkward.

And, really? He wasn't sure he'd seen Asp upset before. Cranky, maybe. Or resolute. But not whatever this was. Not that it was trivial -- he didn't blame her. Maybe she was even a little naive. He wasn't. Because Smiley's people. Totally a reminder, though, of how young she was. Or focused.

"Hey? You, uh. Ummm. You want to go for a ride? On my bike? Sometimes that kind of distracts me. Or gives me time to think. It's cool if not. Just, you know, putting that out there."
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp waited a beat. A bike?

A smile broke out across her youthful countenance.

"Yeah. Yeah, Star, that sounds nice. Let me put this stuff away."

The bottle was cracked, and water was sipped. Time to tidy up. Zoey would throw a fit if they left the kitchen like this.

Want to call it there with the two of them going for a nice ride after Asp plates her food and puts it in the fridge for late?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Word. Great Scene!
    - Roald Dahl

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.