Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Angels of Harlem

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Asp

Asp whistled to herself as she headed where she usually did before bed: the kitchen. It was time for her before-bed snack. People might have thought that the little Arrow didn't eat much. But as it turned out, anybody who worked out as much as Asp did needed calories. So many calories. It wasn't just recommended for building the kind of tight muscle she built. It was positively required.

Crackers. Cheese. Garlic sausage. Big, thick cuts of the meat.

Delicious.

This was one thing Asp could totally prepare, and if she shared? She might even get proper kitty cuddles before bedtime. She smiled at the thought. Felix loved meat.

But the kitty could wait. Calories were getting low.

Star

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There's thirst, and then there's thirst.

The first kind only takes a swallow or two. The second is that dry, shriveled feeling that's going to take a gallon of liquid to quench, and maybe a swim. He was that kind of thirsty. Sinuses, mouth, and throat were bone dry from wind shear, and there wasn't enough spit to swallow.

He slowly eased into the kitchen; for once, wearing jeans, and one of the his music festival shirts. Wide eyes regarded the food in front of Asp for a moment before he fumbled for a glass and drink.

"Suuuuuuuuup?"

What's that smell, yo? Nothing. Is nothing.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp popped some sausage into her mouth early and began chewing as she noticed Star come in. So engrossed by the taste and scent of it that she didn't catch any other smell. She wave him a little lady-like wave as she nommed, politely clearing her mouth by swallowing the meat before she spoke. "Not much, man! Just... second dinner, I guess. I'm suuuuper hungry."

She went on cutting, finishing up the sausage before moving on to the cheese block with the shaver to get herself some bits to put on the Ritz.

"What you up to? Doin' good?"

DOESNT SMELL SHIT
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-14 14:56:52 Asp rolls 7 to Perception - smell? (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 7, 4, 4, 5 failure

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He moved beside her, staring at the counter. Doing inventory. Were they throwing a party? Was he invited? He could party. The glass upended, and he let the rain fall on the desert in this mouth and throat.

"This? This is for you?"

wow

"Oh, I'm good."

Yes, yes he was.

"Not much, though, was riding around? I totally tore the raggedy fairings off my bike a few days ago, or, finished that, and just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything."

His head swiveled to look at her, curious.

"Uh. Are you, like, bulimic?"

It's all good. Just curious, yo.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp blinked, a little shocked.

"Oh, fair enough -- say what!?"

She turned, placing the knife gently next to her big, thick sausage. Then, she burst out laughing. She laughed, and laughed, and laughed, leaning over, slapping her leg, laughing until the sound of her laugh disappeared altogether and all there was shaking.

"Dude... I'm a bodybuilder."

Asp popped some more meat into her mouth and chewed, grinning even as she did.

"I gotta eat like a fucking hobbit to get this body, man."

Elevenses was the most important meal of the day.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Oh, snap.

First? Note to self: She'd been holding a knife. Not the finest time to ask a question like that, yo. Still. He started laughing, too. Couldn't help it. She was laughing, he laughed, whatever it was about, it was contagious.

"Oh. Okay. My bad! And, uh, a... hobbit?"

He knew what a hobbit was. He didn't know food was A Thing for them, though. Weren't they like midgets? Did midgets eat a lot?

"I mean, yeah, I guess I kind of knew that. The whole, you know, body builder thing. Or maybe not. I guess, like, I thought of you as more, uh, athletic. Not like, a body builder. Not that, you know, I'm, like, thinking about that. About you."

Oh boy. That went sideways. Someone needed to put that knife away, if he was going to keep talking. He threw back the glass and finished the water, then went for a refill.

"So, ummmmm. Ummmm. You and Adrian?"

Yep. Because subject change.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp gave Star straight face for a moment, then a little smirk crossed her countenance. "Seriously? Haven't you read Lord of the Rings?" She laughed. "Star, you give me shit about reading, and you haven't read a classic like that?"

She popped more sausage onto a bit of cheese and made a Ritz stack before making a little gesture of ofference to the other Angel. Sharing was caring.

"I'm athletic. And I body-build. I do my best to keep it toned, but yeah. If you're going to hit things hard, you need to have the muscle to back it up. Honed warrior body." Asp winked, not letting the subject go at the sly attempt to segue. Nope. This was going to be fun. "You know, you always say that, but you keep saying things that suggest you do."

She placed her non-Ritz hand gently on the countertop, peering at him amusedly.

"It's okay, Star. You don't have to be shy. I'm flattered."

Now she was just having fun with him. She popped the stack into her mouth. Chomp. Chomp.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Naw, maaaaan, stop. It's not like that. I just, uh, don't want you to get the wrong idea, you know?" Because weird.

A hand rubbed at his eyes, the same eyes that watched the hand drop to the counter. Where the knife was.

"Because, you know. I just don't want you to think I'm a creeper. Since we all live together. And, Arrow. Some Arrows are, uh... kind of crazy. Like your buddy Leo."

His hand fell away and he reached for the sausage. Okay, maybe he was hungry, too. And some cheese. Maybe crackers, too. This whole sausage cheese crackers thing could totally be A Thing. He turned to start slicing.

"And the Hobbit kind of sucks. I mean, maybe it's just a classic because it was a, you know, pioneer in the genre? But the book? Man. So boring. Ten pages on trees? I'm not about that. And, besides, I'm not gonna read something that sucks just because everyone else says it's good."
    He stopped to take a bite of his new thing. Chew. All the chewing. Swallow.

"I'm not saying you did, or would, maybe you like that sort of thing. The trees. Or, you know, just different taste. I'm just saying I thought it was boring and sucked."

He popped the rest into his mouth, and finished.

How were they talking about The Hobbit again? Oh, right. Because hairy feet.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp frowned. "He's not my buddy," she said quietly. "He's my boss. And I definitely don't think you're a creeper. I'm just kidding around." That last caused the Obrimos to smile a bit again. She sausage cheese crackered again and popped it in her mouth. There was a whole bunch of it, all ready, right there! Feast time.

"I'm just playing. I actually watched the Hobbit cartoon movie as a kid. That's how I know about it," she confided in him with a wink. "'cause you're right. After Tom Bombadil? Fuck that."

She chewed and swallowed, then moved around to the fridge to pull out a Vanilla Coke. Sinful.

"So what happened after I left the meeting there? I looked around for you outside, but I guess I missed you?"

Or he'd stayed for a moment and just hit the head or something. Oh well.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"It's all good, I don't think you're crazy," he answered with a matching smile. Boss or not? She'd still talked Leo up. So, what did that even mean?

"Dude. I totally should have eaten. I'm, like, way more hungry than this. I don't want to, you know, eat your body building snacks."

Maybe it was pizza ordering time. He felt bad for paranoid Space Aces. Was she drinking a Coke? Gross, yo.

"You're so cheating on your Evian, I see you."

How'd the cracker thing get in his hand? No idea. But as long as it was there? He ate it.

"Oh. Uh. You don't wanna know. Like, legit, don't wanna know. All your boyfriends are crazy. Okay, maybe Adrian was just drunk. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of trying to see if he'd barf."

A small laugh escaped.

"Until, you know, you two got snuggly. Because that's not cool. You know? If he barfed on you. I'd feel pretty bad about that."
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Wolven Pryde liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.