Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Weave, Striker and Jono

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    T

Change huh? He was excited to talk about the duel and hadn't expected something quite so philosophical. But it seemed Weavebreaker had other things on her mind than talking about the actual supernal combat.

"Yep. Stuff changes all the time. It's natural; Change. If you don't have change, things start to get stagnant and you get pond scum. And no-one likes scum." His was trying to engage with the new topic. "There's always gonna be ups and downs, it's just how you roll with 'em that matters." He said, offering his perspective on life, then not knowing what else to say.

"You ever seen a duel before this?" He asked hopefully. That's right Prime squares the circle or some such, maybe she's done that before.

Jonokuchi

PRE

The sumo-Warlock joins his cabalmates, stopping as he loom over the pair. His bulk was always a hindrance, getting in the way. It had helped his career but for everyday life, it was something of a drawback. Easily noticed, snickered at, a freak. At restaurants, he often bumped into others. Even now, standing near to two colleagues, Jonokuchi physically took up the space around him. Sometimes, that was uncomfortable.

"We shall see what happens," Jonokuchi said plainly. Actions spoke louder than words to him. When Striker mentioned the duel, he simply shook his head. "It was impressive, though."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"I have seen a couple duels in Savannah." Weavebreaker glanced between them for a moment, deciding it is best to extrapolate her concern.

"In Savannah, I was apart of a small cabal of Arrows that dealt heavily with a abundant Banisher presence. I will tell you from first hand experience that a direct assault is going to have a poor effect." Weavebreaker's eyes fell the ground for a moment as she drew in a deep breath.

"I remember one case in particular. We were able to trace disappearances to the local flea-market. It turned out a vendor had a magical trinket for display that was given to him by a friend. It would be easy to overlook by a sleeper, but three disappearances showed the effectiveness of the lure..."

Weavebreaker glanced up as she looked between them. "I think we can build more intel with the same tactic used on campus..."

"I know enough to mask signatures so no sympathies can be drawn, but we will need to put our heads together to find a effective way to deploy and observe." Weavebreaker searched their faces for a positive reflection to her words.

"If we can do this right...we will save a lot of lives..."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

T

Hmmm. Weave's got some experience. She's takin' about saving lives and here I am like an excited school boy after watching his first lunch time scrap. His face and attitude got serious as Weavebreaker talked.

"Wait a tick. What's this flea market got to do with Banishers then?" Striker asked, genuinely confused. "I'm all for tactics and stuff and gettin' rid of the Banishers, but I don't know what ya talkin' about sorry."

Sounds like she's got a plan. Is this just for us three or should we get the rest of the cabal in on it too? He looked around trying to spot Geist and Leo amongst the gathered mages.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi frowned, more so than usual.

"What are you talking about, Weave?" he asked in his usual flamboyant style, echoing Striker's question.

Maybe it was the lack of food around that was making him confused.

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Carver..." It felt weird saying her name again. "Would fabricate some minor item that had the touch of the supernal. It would draw people in thinking they found something interesting, and Carver would start studying whoever showed curiosity in the item. After enough study, she would hit them when they were most vulnerable." Weavebreaker glanced between them for a moment.

"I am thinking we can follow a similar approach..."

"The campus is a hotbed for Banisher activity, so what if we were to take something on campus and give it the subtle touch of the Supernal. The average sleeper would be pass by it without ever noticing, and we find a safe way to keep tabs on those that do take notice..."

Weavebreaker shifted the topic slightly. "The beauty of a cabal is everyone is able to see things with different eyes and I think more than anything I need your help in exactly just that." She glanced over to where the duel took place, wondering how much time they really had before the Consilium went on the offensive.

T

"Righto." Striker replied. This is making more sense now. "Why don't we just make something that'll blow up in their face once they get it home. You know, take 'em out." He paused only briefly before continuing "Nah. I don't like that idea already, might hurt someone else, plus you don't know what really happens to 'em."

Striker was coming to grips with the idea of actually going after the Banishers and realised how much he didn't know about this new town. "Nah. You just want to be able to track 'em easily, them when they leave the nest. BAM!" He clenched his fist quickly as though grabbing something to emphasise the onomatopoeia. "You nab 'em." he finished seriously, a tiny hint of a smile showing as he imagined cornering a lone Banisher and laying into him with his bare hands.

Jonokuchi

PRE

"The last thing we need," Jonokuchi said, stating his thoughts out loud, "is to get in the way of any official investigation that may be on the horizon. If we go off on our own, we may hinder those we are supposed to be assisting."

He offered his cabalmates a small nod though.

"I do think we must act, however. If the Hierarch asks for a team, we should certainly put ourselves forward."

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker was perplexed at what her two cabal-mates were saying, and ultimately couldn't help but smile with a slow shake of her head. It helped her gauge where they were at and how far they needed to go to be able to understand one another. She knew she was just as much at fault and tried to to think of how she could add clarity.

"We are taking initiative in doing this, and it is going to take a lot more than just us." Weavebreaker's eyes shift between the two of them, though those words were meant in response to Jonokuchi.

"What I am asking is help for drafting a plan of action. A plan we can present." Weavebreaker bite her lip for a moment. "In time you will learn I weigh my actions with much forethought."

Weavebreaker eyes shifted around the room as they moved across those that were still here. "For us to have a impact upon the Banishers we will need all the help we can get...And a more solid strategy than guns blazing."

T

Striker nodded at Jonokuchi's words. If the Consilium as a whole was organising something then it didn't make sense to jump in before they knew what was what.

Weavebreaker's explanation made him smirk. Asking me. To draft a plan. That's rich! He knew he fit the stereotype of impulsive Thyrsus and wasn't afraid to admit it. "You know I'm a Thyrsus right? An' people usually come to me once they know what the plan is." He knew he wasn't plain stupid, but he wasn't a master tactician either. If someone had a plan he'd try to stick to it, otherwise he was more than comfortable to just wing it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread