Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Forn Clakes , FrereSebastian , ErlangShen

The call

A note was posted in the private area of the Nox the night before:

Good evening, fellow Kindred

For those of you willing to take on an assignment on short notice, there is a chance to better the situation in Florin for our kind and gain privileges in the Regency.

If interested, please come to *address* at midnight.

Michael Redfill, Regent of Florin

The house

The neighbourhood Redfill has summoned everyone to isn't the best one. Then again, no Vampire-occupied neighbourhood is. This one isn't gang-crazy like South Sacramento. Neither it is the endless feast of drug-addled partying and sweaty sex that is Downtown. Instead, it is dark. As the arriving Kindred make their way through Florin they will notice street-lights flickering from disrepair, huddled shapes motionless in the alleys. The rich driving by quickly in their cars. The poor and disenfranchised sticking to the shadows.

It is a place of darkness and secrets, where the air seems to cling to your skin and mansions are like gnarled trees spurting through the ground between the more normal dwellings. It might look different during the day but it's not something any Kindred will ever see with their own eyes.

The house Ablution occupies is pretty much the personification of the neighbourhood. Months before it had been in a state of horrible disrepair but time, effort and money have done their job. It now looms over the street, its white walls stark against the darkness. There is a fence: a thing of black metal with pointed tops. The gate is open.

The paved road leading to the door has rose bushes on either side, the plants are in full bloom but they are more wild and untamed than one would normally expect. The wind flutters by, carrying on it the scent of flowers and dereliction and a tree creaks softly.

Tonight, you are welcome.

2. Likes Forn Clakes, Wod.Infant liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael waits, motionless, by the door. In his immaculate dark suit he looks more like a some sort of sentinel statue than a man. He doesn't look in front of him, instead he gazes upward, where the stars shine.

He doesn't need to look. He'll feel them coming.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

F
    FrereSebastian

Mattimeo pulls up a few blocks away in a taxi, making sure that he wasn't followed. He gets out and begins to walk towards the address for the house Ablution that was given in Redfill's missive. He is dressed in a purple shirt and dark suit jacket, but it looks well used. Keep your head together, Matty. You two got off to a rocky start, but you need a place to stay in this city. He chuckles darkly, remembering the encounter that the two of them had on his first foray into Elysium. Sacramento has some interesting Kindred living in it's streets, obviously full of history, but now was the time to lay some groundwork in order to move up in standing.

As he turns the corner to the house, he stops for a moment to admire the Architecture of the house. Ominous, eh? His somewhat jovial attitude became more focused and determined as he walked towards the door of the Home. Once in front of the portal, he will knock politely, giving two raps in swift succession.

*Knock* *Knock*

J
    Juan Cordoba

As instructed by his Priscus, this was an opportunity to meet make a name for himself. As to how effective that would turn out, he hoped for the best.

Juan strode up to the residence. This was the place as far as he could tell. Dressed in a charcoal suit, purple shirt and tie he spotted the Unmasked Kindred at the doorstep. His Beast thrashed in hunger. Eliminate the competition.

The Toreador paused for a moment allowing the savage urge to subside. "Good evening," he said as he walked up the path to the estate.

F
    FrereSebastian

Apparently lost in his own thoughts, Matty didn't show any notice of Juan until the Daeva announced his presence. Matty visibly startles: his shoulders raise and his head lowers as he visibly wrestles with his beast.

The hound of his inner self tears at the walls of his psyche in fear, enough at least to show visibly as the Man wrestled for control of the leash. Man does eventually dominate the hound as he turns to face the newly arrived Kindred.

"G... Good Evening." He clears his throat. "I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of an introduction. My name is Mattimeo Campbell." He offers his hand in greeting.

He extends his hand in greeting, his body language changing as he reigns in his beast.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Forn Clakes , get in on the action

OOC

Okay, maybe I've overdone this silent sentinel thing.

"Hello".

Even if they were completely oblivious to his presence before, now his Beast is felt: a powerful, angry wolf roars inside him at the challengers. For there's no Court crap to be had at Ablution's Haven and Protean protects him perfectly from the traitorous fear.

The Regent looks at the two Kindred before him, taking in their appearance. Mattimeo he had seen before - a man who arrived at Court at a very bad time. Still, he had the common sense to do as he was told... There are some bridges to be mended: the powerbase is important. The other one he doesn't know but it's something to be remedied:

"I am Michael Redfill. Is anyone you know of coming or should we go inside", - he gestures at the impresive-looking double wooden doors behind him, covered in shadow.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Catching a cab also, Edwin exited outside the house with a wry smile. The breeze this evening brought fortuitous scents and Edwin wondered if luck would indeed be on his side. He really needed to gain Tenancy with one of the Regents, and getting on Redfill's good side would set the Lord up for some time.

Basically, he had a lot to prove.

Wearing the usual faded jeans, black boots, and a black Guns & Roses tee, covered by an open leather jacket. His sunglasses were hanging from his tee, knocking against his chest with each step as he approached the house and went up the stairs to the kindred, all of whom Edwin recognized from the latest Court, the one where the Prince had gone all Claws n' Carnage. Still, he didn't actually know them personally, and when his Beast started to emo-scream in his mind, Edwin faltered slightly but covered it by stopping and leaning on the stone handrails.

"Sorry I'm late, overslept," he joked, his husky voice floating to the trio waiting. "Edwin Bridges, ready to help any way I can."
    Scenes

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan suppressed his urge to maim the weaker Kindred Mattimeo. He gripped the Ventrue's hand firmly, "Good evening Mister Campbell. I am Mister Juan Carlos Madrazo y Garreta de Cordoba." He rightly was aware of how complicated his long name could become. As "inappropriate" as it was a member of the First Estate to drop Mister and Surname, he felt compelled for sake of the mission. "Please call me Cordoba during our time here together."

The Beast gnawed at his thoughts. Redfill was even easier prey than Mattimeo. "Good evening Mister Redfill," he greeted in response. "I do not know of any others who are in attendance tonight."

Another vampire had arrived in the area - the counterfeit life sent his blood boiling. More competition for the Rights. The savagery eased as he watched Edwin approach.

"Good evening Mister Bridges. I am Mister Juan Carlos Madrazo y Garreta de Cordoba. Please call me Cordoba during our time here together."

The Toreador turned his attention back to the Regent. "Are we expecting any others for this occasion, sir?"

F
    FrereSebastian

Upon his introduction, Mattimeo heard the accent that Juan used to pronounce his name. With a confident smile, Mattimeo said in Spanish: << "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Senor Cordoba. If you'd prefer that I just call you Cordoba, I will do as you wish." >> His Spanish wasn't that of a native speaker, but the Castillan lisp betrayed his teacher.

When Redfill, and more importantly his beast, made their presence known; Mattimeo had to pin his own forcefully so that he wouldn't do anything stupid. It seems as though Deputy Redfill had some tricks up his sleeve. Once he had everything under control mentally, he returns the greeting to the Regent of Florin.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, Deputy Redfill. I hope that I may be of assistance to what is going on here in Florin." He seems very sincere. He edges his tone to respectful to show that he didn't mean any confrontation. Bridges were supposed to be mended slowly.

With Edwin's arrival, Matty is forced to keep his beast pinned, but he recovers very quickly. Once Cordoba finishes his introduction, Matty adds: "Mattimeo Campbell, pleased to meet you." With a quick nod to the newly arrived Kindred, he quickly turns back to Redfill to see what he had in store for this motley group of Vampires.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

A note: Redfill's Aspect of the Predator is on, as stated in his signature and last post. It means that if your BP is higher you still get a challenge reaction, not the slaughter reaction. Moreover, Predator's Taint doesn't work in degrees. If you have two Kindred in front of you and both have lower BP, you can't accurately tell which one of the two is weaker/stronger. It's something to remember (we sometimes deviate from this a bit but it's mostly a matter of self-conviction - when your character knows that a Kindred is a powerful Elder they prortray them as more powerful in their head - than a mechanic).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread