Ended
Watch

(1407)(Duel) Animus and Ixidor

THREADID

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Roaming eyes slide over Ixidor, quickly binning him in the non-threat category. From everything he knew, the man had too much invested in the Consilium's smooth functioning to start anything.

Thus when the rocker asks a question, the result is a start of surprise, and a slightly-too-fast turn to face the man. "Excuse me?" The words parsed out well enough individually, but the overall meaning ... the far-too-familiar sensation of trying to peel back his own memory and running into a blank wall. A bewildered shake of his head, and a slight dip in embarrassment. "My memory's not what it should be. When was this?"

If the Deacon was asking about tattoos, they had presumably at some point been friends. But beyond that ... just one of the reasons these gatherings made him uneasy.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Seeing Ixidor talking with the older (oldest?) Arrow - what was his name? Aaaani...Animus, yeah - she approaches them.

"Hello, Deacon, and to you, Animus," she smiles to both of them, though her smile is a bit restrained today, "I hope you don't mind if I join you?"

Though the tiny Thearch's looking at them when she speaks, her sight wanders.

So the four of the people she met at the previous event are not showing off their unity. Good, the Consilium needed that. Lockheart seems busy in some useful way, for one, but people are being noisy just near him. Leave him alone, dammit. Bishop talking with Striker... Faith could just wonder how paranoid - properly paranoid, perhaps? - were his thoughts now. Autolycus (daaaaaamn, looking good!) is talking with... someone. Cabal or Order business?

One thing important noticed: a lot of people absent yet.

Along with the contestants.

Her attention goes back to the two (ridiculously high) men. "Do you think it'll be alright?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"Oh, fuck," Ixidor gives a dismissive wave of his hand. "Years ago. The first time we were in the same room with Lux... I think."

Which should date the event. But the Deacon is ignorant to the degree of Animus' memory loss. He knows that things are not all what they should be, in that space between the Shaman's ears, but hey. What willworker can boast a truly sane and stable mind?

Well, Ix sure can't.

"I'm not even sure if you mentioned what you planned on getting, just that you seemed to have something on your mind, at the time."

He shrugs, lightly, just in time to grin at Faith's entrance. Returning her smile, but also just generally pleased to see his little Claviger.
    "I sure don't mind."

Her second question, though, however general it is, is full of weight. It's not one he can just lightly quip at.

Ixidor shares a look with Animus.
    "It will. We'll make it okay."

Let no one underestimate the power of today's collected Will.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sketchy nod toward Ixidor. "I'll have to look around, then. I might find something to jog my memory." It's passed off as a light remark, but gears churn within the Thyrsus' mind. What if the wish hadn't been idle? How much of actual importance had he forgotten?

Speaking of which ...

A visual sweep of the room, for any signs of trouble, before glancing back toward Faith. "If anyone tries to make mischief, I'll deal with them. Beyond that, we'll have to see where the cards fall." A moment's pause, and his gaze unfocuses, seeming to look through the petite Thearch. "Vae was ... a close friend." Close enough to leave an impression on a mere object. Perhaps worrying in itself. "Whatever happened between you and Leo, I want no part of it. But I do wish I knew what became of her. If you wish, I will give my word as an Arrow not to share the information with anyone."

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Hearing Ixidor's words Faith smiles lightly with a smile that seemes to say: "Yeah, sure, but thanks for trying". She certainly didn't relax - dentists and other doctors and nurses are always telling it won't hurt, right? bullshit, it always does - but it was the kindness that counted.

Then, Animus drops the Vae bombshell.

The redhead's face tenses while she's listening to the scarred man. Fuck. Fucking Leo Lockheart. Bastard, idiot, demanding prick without class.

When Animus is finished talking, Faith shortly apologizes to Ixidor with a nod. "I'm sorry for a second, Deacon." She turns back to Animus. Her voice, clear and sure, fills the space around them. Her tone is not without some kindness, it's not angry, it's not loud - it's just definite.

"Regarding Leo Lockheart, I'm sorry you got swept in but I don't control him and I'm not his mother. I'm not his friend and I'm not his subordinate. He claims to be a Sentinel, a First Talon and a Councillor. If he pesters you again, please remind him that there's a protocol for such situations. I can only deal with him when he comes to me directly. Even then, I strongly believe it's not in mine nor each of our Orders', nor the Consilium's best interest for me to give him the information he desires. An advice: make sure he knows what should his priorities be and where his loyalties lie before he goes looking for shadows.Though if you promise as a Talon..."

Her head lowers as the woman ponders over options for a second or two, but soon she raises her head again.

"I respect your Order and your youngest colleagues are showing a great potential. I hope I'll get to know you better, too. I respect your Order's sense of honor, so if you're ready to promise you'll keep this information to yourself, even from Lockheart, we may talk later and maybe even consider options of further action." Faith looks into her handbag, looking for something. After a short rattle and a rustling and an audible splash of mysterious contents (because hell, woman's handbag) she draws out of the bad a simple business card - there's only a number, her Shadowname and a picture of a star over them - and hands it to Animus. "Let's make a date later. Now..."

She catches the sight of Aquinas and Avalon with a corner of her eye.

"Now the main actors have arrived."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus wavers momentarily. The way Leo had thrown him in as a bargaining chip ... no, he didn't owe the First Talon anything in this matter. But how much was action out of spite?

A stray thought for the blank wall of his past, for the tiny hints and flickers that dropped down on him almost teasingly. How many people deserved recognition, but wouldn't get it because he had forgotten? Enough that he was loathe to turn away any tidbit of information concerning someone he had cared about.

Accepting the Thearch's business card with a quick "thanks," he glances toward the two Hierarch contenders just in time to catch the challenge. He soon begins following Leo's direction while keeping a constant eye on the crowd. In a moment's lull, he looks toward Ixidor. "We should talk later, too. A tattoo wasn't something I would have taken lightly."

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor is only half listening as Faith lays it all out for Animus. Whatever it is. Something about Vae and Leo.

The only opinion on the matter that he cares to have is that his Claviger better know how to play nice with the Arrows. Especially this one.

But the Deacon's focus is drawn to some of the other slander that's being thrown around pretty damn fearlessly by the others gathered.

Not that he's going to be a bitch about it. People can whine about whatever the fuck they wanna whine about. But it's ironic, the position of authority on matters that is being taken by those with no authority. And more importantly, no history.

The rocker is frowning darkly, which looks uncharacteristic on him.

Snapping back to the conversation, his demeanor seems to lighten immediately. Ix even manages a smile.
    "Yeah, man. We'll work something out, soon. I think I know a guy that's in town, who's done a lot of my touch ups and even a few of my later pieces. We'll go check him out sometime, when I'm not interviewing new arrivals."

And taking Talons on dates.

"Anyway, looks like shit's getting real. We'd better keep things locked down." He gives Faith a nod. "Don't be afraid to shut someone down if they try to interfere."

OOC

Ixidor gives a wave, and intends to return to the main thread unless he is stopped
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Having finished her business with Animus, Faith strays away, closer to the duelists. She's observing people mostly, though her sight returns to Animus, sometimes.

She's curious if the Arrow will call at all. She's curious if he has the will to take up and follow his goals.

Yet, now there are more important things.

Faith returns to the main thread.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus returns to the main thread

Closed Thread