Ended
Watch

A test of patience? Let's go with that.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

Mace hesitated for a moment, but only for a moment. She'd invited the questions from the First Talon, and she'd look pretty bad if she wasn't willing to answer them. "I am a Disciple of Matter, Apprentice of Death, and Initiate of Forces. I'm also trained in Kung Fu and the use of improvised weapons." She stopped, and considered for a moment before continuing. "I have some small skill in Alchemy," she added. "It's something I'm working to improve, but I'm sure we could find some use for it."

T

Mace's good with Matter huh? I wonder if she'll give me a few tips sometime.

"Yeah mate. You already know I can work with Life, Forces, Fate and Spirit. Plus I'm good with machinery and stuff like that. Brawling, like you've seen, but I've done some Kung Fu too." Striker said quickly, finishing with a nod at Mace as he mentioned Kung Fu. He'd mentioned everything he thought would be useful. Now for more waiting till he found out where he stood. He hated waiting for stuff like this.

The shaman pulled the barely burnt cigarette that he'd lit up at the park from his pocket and inspected it. It was still ok, just a little bent. He stuck it in his mouth and flicked his lighter a few times to get a flame. He had long since used his proficiency with Life to get his physical addiction under control. But old habits die hard and he still found some reassurance having that small smouldering something nearby.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Eyes watch Magni Thorsson waiting impatiently, the irony of which is not lost on Leo. Finally his gaze wanders back to Jonokuchi.

"I'm fairly certain the Arcana are universally understood so I'm assuming your question is for the other specialties?" The First Talons tone wasn't condescending or patronizing, simply trying to confirm what he suspected to be the truth. "The type of information is what you can contribute to the Order beyond being a potted plant in the corner. Arcana for spell knowledge, well versed combat abilities, and any other skill you can contribute for us."

Jonokuchi

PRE

The sumo frowned, staring back at Leo as the First Talon gazed at him.

"Did I not already pass on that information?" Jonokuchi finally asked, candidly.

Did no one ever listen to him? Was it paranoia or simply self-loathing that brought about these thoughts?

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Eyes narrowed on Jonokuchi. Leo was trying to be nice in front of the new people, but since Jono insisted on pursuing this topic they were past the point where Leo could let it go.

"Well, yes, you did. I was asking mostly for the new people or if you wanted to add anything. Nothing was explicitly directed to you until you asked me for clarification." Eyes remained locked on Jono, and the First Talons tone suggested he was a bit on edge. And the 'bit' part might not last long.

Honestly, guy sweeps around some and acts like Leo's the one without a clue? Labor dedications were a common practice among Obrimos, and he had even picked this one up from his predecessor. An Obrimos had kept this place clean for literally years.

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace nodded as Leo expanded on what he was looking for. While she was thinking, however, things seemed to become more tense between the two...didn't Junokushi say they were cabalmates? She wanted to diffuse the situation, but the first thing that came to her mind didn't feel like a good idea. Even if she was good at being a 'potted plant'.

"I mentioned I'm in grad school for mechanical engineering right?" she said, elaborating on her earlier point. "I like tinkering with things, and sometimes make the occasional odd gadget. If I come up with anything useful, I'll share it, but let me know if you have any ideas." She glanced at Striker. "Though, it looks like I'm not the only one. We should get together, see what we can come up with." Back on topic. Maybe it would diffuse some of the tension.

T

Striker took a short draw from his recovered cigarette then exhaled again quickly, a slight sour expression on his face. He didn't like the taste so much any more, but having a smoke when things got stressful was still reassuring.

He looked between Leo and Jono as they talked. What are they goin' on about then? Jono's not new? Leo wasn't talkin' to him but he thought he was? "Bloody hell." He exclaimed suddenly looking to Leo. "You're gonna stand here and argue about whether or not you were talkin' to him or not, while I'm over here like a chump waiting to know if I've broken one of the Precepts or not?" An amount of incredulity in his voice. "Just get the bloody tour over an' done with already." He took a longer draw on his smoke while his face puckered up in distaste. Why do ya still smoke this rat poison? Ya idiot.

8. Likes West liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi kept Leo's gaze as a million thoughts went through his mind. The first one to settle was a curse but the sumo wasn't one to swear. Instead he simply looked to Mace.

"Welcome to Sacramento," he stated. He wasn't about to enter a slanging match with his cabalmate. There really was little point. Instead, he turned and headed from the dorm, pausing when he heard Striker mention breaking one of the Precepts.

A shake of the head and then he was gone.

Jono departs

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo had started thinking on all the toys a new Moros could make, and then Striker and Jono.

"As I said, It sounded like a clear violation, but given that I have no real evidence one way or another I let you off the hook. Down the road I might try and talk with Star." A pause as Leo tried to recall the wording of the Precept of Secrecy. "'Our workings, magic, society, and secrets are not to be revealed to Sleepers. To that end it is a crime to use in front of or leave behind any obvious workings of magic.' So no go on obvious castings in public. A rote could be explained away, but vulgar and Improbable spells are not on the list of acceptable things to do. Basically don't do anything obviously weird, like multiple rotes or blabbering on in High Speech. Especially don't do those things repeatedly in public."

A sigh slipped out from the First Talon. He had wanted to have this conversation at the end, and without revealing that a Talon had just broken the laws of the Awakened.

Given the thread has dragged a few times, and I'm not overly eager to regurgitate content already on the wiki, I was wondering if you would like to fade to black here with Leo explaining the very little he knows of awakened laws (what's on the wiki)?

T

Striker breathed out a deep relaxing breath as Leo summarised the Precept. Looks like he had broken it.

The one armed shaman's impatience was gone when he spoke. "Ok. So now I know. Thanks for a fair go mate. You're a decent bloke Leo, 'preciate it."

Hmmm. I really should clear this up with Cut. Looks like the quiet little bastard was just trying to stop me steppin' in a dog turd.

More than happy to leave it at that.

12. Likes West liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread