Ended
Watch

A test of patience? Let's go with that.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Really?" Leo asked with raised eyebrows. He quickly looks from Jono to Magni. "I thought they went out with assembly lines and firearms." It wasn't a jab, and the genuine surprise on his face made it clear Leo never put much thought into how his knives and machete were made.

After passing through the gym Leo brings the group back to the main entrance. Instead of going outside, he turns left (right if coming in) to a wooden door. Opening it to pass through he was now ascending the stairs. "This way please to the dorms. Do any of you have any questions so far?" He turned back sweeping a hand to the four of them.

Katsuro Tomori

Magni gave a chuckle. "Only the cheap blades come off those assembly lines. Tools of the Lie, you ask me. Makes everything the same, takes all the unique out of the world. You want something that can last a hundred years and still kill a man...or whatever...come to me." the Blacksmith could probably make guns, with the right machenery. He wasn't one to brag though, if the Arrows needed guns, he'd speak up.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

T

Striker's head snapped up from his inner thoughts to look at the bearded Arrow. Blacksmith? This guy works a forge? Oh mate it's been too long.

His focused drifted off, still looking at Magni, but not seeing him. Striker saw the intense red glow of a room full of fire, cleansing and softening everything that went through it. Preparing it to be molded anew. The heat intensified and he saw nothing else but the white hot fire. Inviting him and thanking him at the same time. His back was cold, but his face and chest felt like they were almost roasting from the intensity of the blaze in front of him. An inferno this hot was a powerful and dangerous thing. It had the power to cleanse, to remove the chaff. The power to eat away at something immense slowly where strikes and blows would not prevail. Even the power to kill a man. "kill a man...or whatever...come to me."

Magni's words came to him and snapped him out of his reverie and shook his head a little as he realised they were now climbing the stairs.

He realised he hadn't introduced himself to the two just-newer-than-him Arrows.

"Uh. Magni, Mace was it? Call me Striker. I'm here from 'Straya for a change and to learn." he said to the two, eyes flitting to Leo as he remember that he did have something to learn. He had questions, but he was going to let Leo finish the tour at his own pace. If he didn't get to the answers Striker was after he'd make sure to keep the First Talon afterwards.

"You lookin' at doin' smithin' here Magni? 'Cause that's somethin' I'd love to learn. Let me know if I can help ya out at all ay." he added to the Viking.

4. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

As they followed along the tour, Magni continues his side discussion with Striker, though he'd certainly shut the Hel up if the First Talon talked.

"Aye, planning on getting a place to set up my forge and get my equipment shipped down once I get settled in. Of course, that takes cash...so finding a job'll come first. I'll let you know though Striker." He said optimistically through that icelandic accent.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

m
    magiuspendragon

"Good to meet you Striker," Mace said with a nod. She followed Leo, her mind wandering as she heard the other two talk about smithing. She knew a thing or two about working with metal, but not in the same way as a trained smith might. She made a note to talk to him later, right now she wanted to focus on meeting Leo. And seeing what sort of First Talon she'd signed herself up for by moving here.

"What's the situation like?" she asked when he ellicited questions. "Anything in particular we should be on the look out for?" Simple enough question, even if the answer was "Everything".

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Heh." Leo laughed to himself for a sec at Mace's question before continuing up the stairs. "Where to start? Sacramento University is infested with Banishers, Scelesti were abducting Order and Concilium officials, there's a party drug named Glo going around that's deadly and magic, and the Golden Concilium might try to annex us. Bright side is we're on the annexation and Scelesti bit."

A smile and a shrug as he reached the top of the stairs he moved into what appeared to be the common area of a college dormitory. A couch and two chairs circled a large wooden table, and on the left and right walls there was a single door, with two on the wall opposite the entrance. The door on the left and right were closed, while the two on the opposite wall were open. "These are the dormitories. I'm staying here." He walks up and taps the door on the left, which happened to also be closest to the entrance. "Talon Avis had been staying in the opposite room, but hasn't been using the dorms lately. Think she got a sanctum with the other Veiled Threats."

A shrug, the First Talon wasn't especially concerned either way regarding the matter.

T

Striker was disappointed that Magni was restricted by cash. Mainly because that was something he could do nothing about.

Damn. Leo's pretty casual about Banishers and Miach getting kidnapped. And Glo is deadly too? What the hell?

"Uh. So would one of those be available for me?" Striker asked hopefully. He was content to sleep where he had to, but a warm bed and a hot shower was not something he was going to pass up the opportunity for. I can't believe I've been in town a month and I didn't realise I may be able to stay here. What a bloody idiot you are my friend. You're thicker than week old milk.

Katsuro Tomori

Magni made a few mental notes, but addressed the Dorm situation first, as it could be taken care of fastest between scelescti, drugs and all the other things that the concillium has piled against it.

Magni walked into one of the Dorm rooms that was unoccupied and tossed his sack in it. "Dibs." he said jokingly, but he did look to the First Talon to make sure it was cool to crash here. Barracks weren't nearly as sparce as he thought they'd be.

"Do we have a location for the Sclesti as well?" he asked curiously. If they knew where the Banishers were, they'd be the easiest threat to remove. "And why aren't we also covering the other threats? It seems like the whole consciliums under fire from all sides, better to kill the fires we can than chase smoke, ja?" His mind was racing at this point, and he took a breath to reel it back in. For all the dumb Viking jokes he was sure to get in America, it was easy to see a tacticians mind tucked somewhere in that beard.

Jonokuchi

PRE

As the talk of the enemy and the dangers of the city swirled around him, Jonokuchi remained silent. His own mind thought about Leo's words and the dorms.

Who did he think had been sweeping the floors this past month? God?

A sigh, quiet and full of self-loathing. Jonokuchi stood away from the others and stewed.

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace listened as Leo gave the report. It did sound like there was a lot going on. She could ask more, she probably should. Pepper would tell her to do so. After all, asking questions was how you got to know someone, right? But at the moment, that just didn't feel like the right approach. Not right off. "Where do you want us?" she asked, instead. Once she had an assignment, she could ask the details about that.

OOC

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread