Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Private) Autolycus meeting Miach

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Autolycus

Autolycus waited, deep in the bowels of the Fillard Goldman Museum's Athenaeum, in it's special climate controlled air. While he had spent a great deal of time in the building over the past month, he was here today to meet someone. Miach, an Acanthus who had been part of the Sacramento Caucus for almost three years and most interestingly the only other meaningful contributor to the Athenaeum's holdings.

He stood near a book shelf, eyes resting on a folio with the title of Exercitatio Magica Nobilissima, Author Unknown. It was one of the works the Acanthus had donated in his time as part of the Caucus. He really needed to learn Latin. And Greek. Honestly there were a lot of Languages that he needed to learn and they all competed for his time and attention with everything else he needed to learn or practice.

Miach

PRE

When you faced it, it hadn't been so long since Miach had arrived this Consilium. But things had been so eventful that the Acanthus really started feeling like he had been here for a lifetime already. Now that he had been freed - had it been several months already ? - he was getting reacquainted with this ever-flowing Consilium. It was part of his therapy, too. He needed to try and consciously go out to meet people, and learn trust again. Easier said than done...

When he had been contacted by Autolycus, another mystagogue who seemed to have gone through higher Mysteries than he, he had been wary. But meeting with another of his order, in this building that was his order's stronghold, would be as safe as they came. And so he had agreed.

Walking through the shelves of books, he raised an eyebrow as he noticed one going by the name Caduceus, Cauldrons, and Bandages, by some Hermeminus. He half raised his hand toward it, but stopped. It could wait. Already he could see the Shaman not so far. Crossing the distance with a purposeful stride, he offered his hand "How do you do. I'm Miach."

Autolycus

Autolycus shakes the offered hand. "Autolycus. Good of you to see me, Miach. I was just appreciating some of the works you've donated to the Athenaeum." He gestures to the things Miach has added to the room. "It's an impressive collection, how difficult did you find it to collect them?"

Miach

PRE

Impressive ? Miach hardly thought so, and knew better than to be so easily flattered. Or perhaps it was just his natural wariness talking ? It was so hard distinguishing natural behaviour from the traumatic induced one...

"I'm glad if you find them to your liking. Most of them were gifts from my... departed mentor. And some I earned through work." and he shrugged, dismissing any achievements. He had a goal in mind, and only through those offerings was he likely to reach it.

"I can already see some additions, too. I guess those are from you, unless I'm mistaken ?" he returned the compliment with an amicable smile.

Autolycus

Autolycus smiles and gives a small laugh. "Yes, I thought that the Caucus would be more welcoming if I came bearing gifts."

"I understand that you've been in the city for almost three years now?" He gestures to a table, with chairs. Perhaps Miach would like to sit? "Have you undergone the Mysteriorum Arche yet?"

Miach

PRE

"Yes, indeed..." Miach concurred with a small laugh of his own. "The Curator..." he said, leaving it at that.

"Going on three years, yes..." A pause. "And no, not yet..." he admitted grudgingly. It felt like a failure, and yet, the Enchanter didn't think of anything he could have done differently. "I think I may be about to, though..." and his tone was carefully hopeful.

He didn't ask anything about it, though, lest it would be construed as rude.

Autolycus

"That's good." It was, for so many to be part of the Mysterium for so long without going through the first steps into Initiation worried Autolycus. "I find myself in an interesting position, Miach. I Awakened only about a year into your time here in Sacramento, yet I'm more deeply initiated into our Order's Mysteries than you, than in fact most of our Caucus. Curator Primoria informed me that there was an upcoming initiation, but until then I have a responsibility to help guide you as best I can. As the only other magi in that group who has materially contributed to the Athenaeum, I hope you will take my efforts in the spirit of which they are undertaken."

"So during your time in this city, what kind of magi have you found yourself working with and towards what purposes?"

Miach

PRE

Miach kept mostly quiet while the Shaman explained his point of view. If it bothered the Enchanter, he didn't show, though there may have been the slightest touch of worry in his features.

"Well... that question is easy, really. Life, because I'm a doctor." he said with a firm nod, and certainty in the voice. "That's what I'm best at, and what I'll keep focusing on, definitly.

Why do you ask ?"

Autolycus

"I am attempting to get to know you better and understand how you pursue your Sophiad," Auto explains. Until others were initiated further, he had a lot of work ahead of him to get to know the Caucus better. "It sounds like you want to pursue the role of Savant. Have you given any thought towards what branches of Soriology and Esotology you feel the most affinity towards, like you do with Sleeper Medicine?" There was nothing wrong with the Savant role, it was in fact very respected within the Order. If that was the path Miach wanted to travel, then Autolycus would do his best to encourage him.

He wondered if Miach had been living a solitary life in Sacramento, or if he just did not want to speak about the kinds of magi he associated with outside the Mysterium. Both presented their own, different problems.

Miach

PRE

The Sophiad... While it was a word whose meaning was known to Miach, he sometimes wondered if he had it right. The Enchanter seriously doubted that. But he knew the words, and could speak them if needed.

"You are quite correct in your assumption that I intend to walk the path of the Savant. And as for my fields of choice, again, those are easy. Once you have a clear goal in mind, everything else flows from that. Thaumatology, and Teratology. Though I still have barely scratched the surface of both..." he admitted sorely.

"May I inquire as to what your paths are too, please ?" Those may shed light on the man's choices as well, Miach thought. As a newcomer, it would perhaps help get to know him too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.