Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) The Duel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Pepper strode in, opting for her yellow short suit again - Hey, the Deacon liked it, and it was her favorite, besides, Suits? They look awesome, and rarely need cleaning beyond a quick brush out. So, Yellow Suit was going to be thing for as long as it was warm.

She glanced back to her sister, Mace , as she entered, and flashed a little smirk, "So, this is your secret clubhouse? I like." For all she didn't really ascribe to a religion, the Circle seemed a testament to human spirit, and that was something she could get behind. Still, seeing Mace dressed up was a little weird - even after helping curl her hair.

Pepper shook her head of those thoughts and turned back to the gathering mages, noting that the sisters weren't the only ones turned out to make an impression. Most of the people there were in formal or somber stuff.... which made the punk stand out where his height didn't. Pepper found herself grinning.

Damn, she had to appreciate the guy's effort. Impression made. And hey, there was a group of people there. She shot another glance to Mace and gave a little nod to the growing knot of people and headed over herself. Might as well get to know the strangers - maybe she'd luck out? Make friends?

Hell yeah, making more friends is always good. She lifted a hand in general greeting as she got closer, then adressed the guy with spiked hair ( Geist ). "Damn, I think you might actually be the most appropriately dressed person here. At least until Ixidor shows up then who knows." She gave a wry look at herself and shrugged. "Alas, I seem to be playing Respectability today - Pepper, Ladder, Acanthus." She kept it to that, in case Mace had decided to go to someone else.

Sight (4) and Shield(1)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-18 18:44:49 Pepper rolls 5 to Fortune's Protection (Gno+Fate) (10 Again) 3, 1, 7, 8, 1 1 success
    2014-07-18 18:43:38 Pepper rolls 5 to Sybil's Sight (Gno+Fate) (10 Again) 9, 8, 8, 6, 8 4 successes

T

The Arrow amputee listened to Bishop. The old guy had some interesting ideas even though it took Striker a few seconds to catch up on what he was saying.

He frowned at 'war is deception'. It was true to some extent, but he didn't like the premise of deception as a normal way of operating.

Then he got concerned when 'grouping the opposition' was mentioned. He looked over at Jono, Leo and Geist, his cabal, all in a cluster.

"So. Do you think that they're trying to get us all in one spot to wipe us out?" he asked seriously. That doesn't make sense, but seems to be what he's saying. Am I boring the guy? He thought as Bishop looked distant.

Autolycus

Autolycus wore a suit to the Duel. There was already a sizeable crowd gathering, which Lycus avoided. What he did see was a fedora. Perhaps he could get some Order business squared away while everything got set up.

"Are you Orobas? I'm Autolycus. I was wondering if you've been avoiding me." Straight to the point.

Anubite25

Sight & Armor, pot 1 each
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-16 23:02:15 Autolycus rolls 6 to Pulse of the Living World improvised (Life + Gnosis - 2 duration + 2 high speech) (10 Again) 6, 6, 2, 2, 10, 4, 5 1 success
    2014-07-16 23:01:39 Autolycus rolls 6 to Organic Reselience improvised (Gnosis + Life - 2 duration + 2 high speech) (10 Again) 6, 5, 1, 8, 3, 4 1 success

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace followed in on the heels of her sister. The dress felt a little strange on her, but she'd wanted to make a good impression. And so she'd had Pepper do her hair and she'd pulled the dress out of the closet.

"Yeah," she said to Pepper's question. "This is the Circle." She gestured, encompassing the building they were in. She looked to her sister's eyes, only to find out she'd already wandered off to meet some people. Figures. She rolled her eyes and followed her into the corner.

"Junokuchi," she said with a bow to the sumo wrestler. "And Leo," she said with a nod in his direction. "Good to see you both." She could do this. She just had to be social. She looked at Pepper, slightly lost for a moment, and then realized there was an obvious answer. "This is Pepper, my sister," she said, indicating her twin. "Pepper, this is Junokuchi of the Arrow, and Leo Lockheart, First Talon." She looked at the others, many people she didn't know. "Oh right," she said, addressing the crowd. "I'm Mace."

Cast at home: Dark Matter (3), Unseen Aegis (2)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-18 21:13:38 Mace rolls 5 to Unseen Aegis (Remaining Dice) (10 Again) 9, 10, 5, 5, 2, 5 2 successes
    2014-07-18 21:13:20 Mace rolls 1 to Gnosis + Matter + HS - 2 (1 day) (Unseen Aegis) (10 Again) 2 failure
    2014-07-18 21:08:02 Mace rolls 6 to Gnosis + Matter + HS - 2 (1 day) (Dark Matter) (10 Again) 10, 5, 1, 6, 10, 9, 3, 1 3 successes

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley cast his eyes over the assembling Awakened and did his best to look attentive. Important Stuff was going on, and it paid to look like one had an interest in such things. He picked up the vibe though - a not so subtle energy of change, like a storm about to break. He had no idea who the protagonists in this play was though.

So the Hierarch had been challenged? So what? Wasn't that how power transitions were handled among the Diamond?

Torn between listening out for more gossip / intel and grabbing a seat, the Acanthus hovered and nodded as people flowed around him. Where he saw a face he recognised, he greeted them.

"Crowley."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Suits, dresses. Best foot forward.

Animus understood the urge. Symbols had weight. Sometimes more weight than that which they covered. But there were priorities to consider. Tension ran high. A formal challenge could give way to an ... informal ... one. Other, darker possibilities could coalesce into reality.

Suits hampered movements. Not to mention the general comfort factor.

The Shaman sports a t-shirt and shorts. Unlike Leo, the Shaman sports no weapons. Not that he'd be any less lethal, if it came to that. For the moment, he simply circulates, ever watchful. Too many people, too disorganized. If anything did happen, he wouldn't have much warning.

J

"I doubt I'll win any spirit awards, but if you want to hang out by me, that's up to you," she responds to Ermac ( Ermac ).

She's not looking somber, but she isn't looking entirely pleased to be in this situation either. A Guardian sent by the San Francisco consilium to sit atop an empty throne. It makes her wonder if San Francisco is either run by the Throne or they have a gentleman's agreement that so long as they aren't giving them a hard time in SF, they can chill in Sacramento.

"Fucking gentlemen," she says just loud enough while thinking to herself for the man standing next to her to hear.

Surely, it's just idle speculation, but today is a day for speculation. And she's heard that Avalon has been trash talking her back, which is to be expected after what she's been saying herself.

"Part of me wants Avalon to just smack Aquinas to the ground and then actually step up and show the city how it's done. The other part of me thinks it's not going to happen. What's the betting line, have you heard?"
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

spells
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-19 10:36:32 Animus rolls 10 to OR (Gno+Lif-2 duration) (10 Again) 4, 3, 9, 1, 2, 7, 6, 3, 2, 7 1 success
    2014-07-19 10:36:18 Animus rolls 10 to PLW (Gno+Lif-2 duration) (10 Again) 1, 1, 8, 6, 5, 8, 2, 8, 2, 3 3 successes

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor enters the Circle once again, his appearance fairly subdued, this time. Just a regular v-neck shirt under a black blazer, jeans too expensive to make any sense at all, and a pair of red Chuck Taylors, checkered like a plaid kilt. Most of his usual jewelry is absent. Most. There are still silver earrings dangling from both ears. A couple of bracelets and leather trinkets under the sleeves of the jacket. Behind his sunglasses, his eyes are all done up with the normal applications of cosmetics.

He smiles at Animus choice of attire, as he spots the former-Hierarch in passing. The rocker musters a lazy wave, deciding against jovially asking him if he just came down to check the mail. Guy looks like he's on the prowl. And who can blame him?

This is exactly the kind of thing where someone would stir some shit to be remembered, if not worse.

As for Ixidor, he figures he might as well people-watch with him. After a moment of deliberation, and deciding that there were no conversations he wants to interrupt, yet.

"Ever get that tattoo you had planned on?" He asks, by way of saying hello.

Sight, 3 Potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-19 11:38:37 Ixidor rolls 6 to cast Read Matrices; Gnosis + Forces +2 HS -2 Duration (24h) (10 Again) 3, 10, 6, 4, 9, 8, 7 3 successes
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

10. Likes West liked this post

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus and Ixidor continue here.

Page 3 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last