Ended
Watch

(1407) Someone Said Party At Your Place

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 8 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    B
    Beej

"Later Asp, have a good night." he waved.

Weave optioning for not-booze was disappointing but he walked over to the fridge and fished out a can. "See ya Ermac, nice meeting you." he waved on the way back to Leo and Weave. "Leo, if you're gonna get caught doing drunk shenanigans, its always better to be caught with a rock-star doing said shenanigans. No one bats an eye. And if we're talking rotes, I believe you still owe me two." He pours himself and Leo a shot of Jerry.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

48 hour rule engaged!

Leo playfully rolls his eyes at Reverb. "I've been ready to pay you since we made the arrangement. Hardly my fault you took your time to cash in." A casual shrug as he looks at the drinks left on the bar. No more vodquila, so small favors and all that.

"Okay, so if no one wants to bite say so, but I think we need to talk Heralds and the possibility of reverting from the cabal system." A quick glance to the door and Leo returns his glance to Reverb and Ixidor. "We haven't had a functional Herald in over a year, and if Avalon falls she might take the cabal system with her as she was brought in to steer that experiment." His gaze settles on Ixidor. "If Azure was any indication of what to expect from new Ladders then I expect the cabal system to go with Avalon. Order Counselors could work and we already have Order heads figured out, but Path means us choosing someone right now to be ready for the option should it come to pass."

His gaze remained fixed on Ixidor with the exception of the odd look to Reverb. There were two Obrimos that had stuck to the city that could serve, or every bodies favorite Deacon. Leo was fairly sure he knew who people would pick. Everybody knew popular vote would pick the one with the best interpersonal skills over the guy that bled in the mud for them.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker took a sip of coke and smiled at the mention of rotes. Between the music and alcohol, Leo never did respond and she had no intention of bringing it up again until he was sober. Her eyes shifted to Leo as he began talk on the political climate shift. Maybe he is not a drunk as I thought...

"How will we be able to get all our Path together to decide..." Weavebreaker glanced around for a moment before she shook her head at the bad joke.

"I hate to say it but we kinda missed the opportunity to put it to a vote tonight..." She took another sip before resting the can down onto the bar.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

C
    Casitive

This thread will be one month old in six days; start to wrap!

B
    Beej

Vincent throws back the shot of run and grimaces. "It really comes," he coughs and looks to Ixidor "down to whether or not you want it. Cause no one else has a chance at it if you want it." The longest running Obrimos, the head of the Ladder and he's Isaacs.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Whatever sideways crack that Ixidor had thought of to tease Star about his curfew, or bedtime, or whatever (fully expecting a retirement home jab right back from him) dies as he realizes Asp intended to peel off with him.

"One and done? Really?"

Obviously, he's talking about the dance... and not all the booze.

"How do people party, these days?"

And he considers following them out, if not just to bullshit with them for a few minutes longer in order to take a smoke break. The rocker feels like he needs one, right now. Maybe when he and 'Verb get back to the penthouses, they can con Ariadne into some rambunctious after party. Because that would be fucking priceless. Somehow even moreso than from Ermon or Bishop.

If nothing else? Pixel will hang out.

He's in his own little world grumbling internally about it, when he realizes the talk of Path Councilors had circled back around to him. And Leo, Reverb, and Led Zeppelin are just waiting for him to chime in.

"Huh?"

But even drunk, it doesn't take his mind long to come up to speed about the necessary bits.
    "You know, it's funny: when I first got to this city, I had my sights set on Path Councilor because I considered Deacon or any other leadership in the Silver Ladder out of my league."

His eyebrows waggle, as he reaches to make a glass of water. It looks like he needs to wait on more alcohol.

It takes some concentration to take that drink without spilling any of it. But he does.

"And Leo? Don't judge a whole by one of its parts. You should be goddamn grateful others aren't doing that to Arrows over you.

"Azure couldn't handle the strain of being cursed at for no reason beyond she wished to start seeking solutions, and that the source of the ideas wasn't... ah... the guy doing the cursing."
    Probably could have found a smoother way to say that.

He reaches out to clap the First Talon on the shoulder.
    "Fortunately for you, I can. Just don't expect me to take your whining seriously until you start contributing some useful ideas of your own.

"Because assuming that coming up with some regular gathering places for the Wise automatically means another Written in Water, and calling it idiocy without developing a plan of action, is fucking rich from a guy who's broadcast two annual Ungala play dates at the same location twice in a row."

He takes another careful drink of the cool water.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

7. Likes Matamune, Whisper, Sirith, Jag, West liked this post

Leo Lockheart

PRE

The First Talon tenses as Ixidor places his hand on his shoulder. The touchy thing was obviously not something he was accustomed to.

"Once actually." Leo said as calmly as he could. He rolled his shoulder out from under Ixidor's hand and settled by the bar. "I advertised one annual meeting at the Circle, then Aquinas declared his duel would take place at the Circle and Avalon agreed. I figured we would pass the torch after the Field Day, but I don't make a habit of arguing unnecessarily with the Heirarchs so I let it slide." The Theurgist shrugged ambivalently. "We'll pass the torch now gladly, but I'm saying the second meeting was not by our design."

"Oh," He started again, with a growing smile. "Don't forget I also threatened Azure with physical violence too. I'm sorry, but she was a nobody. The one time I saw her contribute to anything was when a Guardian used a rote and high speech in a bar so she sicked Vae on him. She contributed nothing that I heard of to the Concilium, and showed up on our doorstep months after no one noticed her disappearing to act smug and superior. She cut down ideas that weren't her own and refused to compromise several times. I'm not tolerating self entitlement as a substitute for merit, but that's tangential at best to my point. I misspoke when I mentioned Azure, and I'm sorry for that, but I would like to know who we want as Counselor if the cabal system goes."

A pause, as the smile widens a little more with Leo's revelation. "Because I'm not letting you evade answering the question a second time. Step up or I will."

And with that Leo breaks eye contact with the Deacon, if only to watch for where Ix's glass eventually ends up.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Ummm."

Super. Interesting.

"It's not just between you two? And I'm with Weavebreaker. The one you ignored about voting? It's totally not for just three of you to decide. If, you know, things go down like that with the Councilors? Yeah. We'll all decide. Together. But seriously? Thanks for trying to skeeze everyone who left out, though. Especially Asp? Your own Order buddy? That was real cool."

He shook his head and did an electric slide out.

Because loafers.

Star exits Scene.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker stared off into space for a moment, just listening to the exchange. The reality was, she did not care about the vote, but the fallout that would come with not having one...

The Consilium did not need that.

Weavebreaker knew she had a hand in the current shitty state of things, just like everyone else. Her focus was shifting to carrying the weight of her mistake, but she couldn't help but wonder when everyone would wake up and admit their fuck up. At least to themselves...
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

B
    Beej

With rum now on his brain Vincent's train of thought shifted to the new application of 'skeeze' from how he remembered it used when Leo through out I also threatened Azure with physical violence too. "Oookay." he said as he picked up the bottle of Jerry and took several steps away from Ix and Leo. "Uh...lets not talk about threatening other people's people and instead...uh...I don't know...hop over to District 30? Maybe the Ember? I'm just saying..."

Vincent wasn't going to be standing next the head of the Arrows and a probable Master if blows and/or arcana started getting thrown. He would of course had them a bill or demand they bring in someone well versed in Matter to fix up the collateral damage after the fact.

Page 8 of 9 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread