Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

House party, yo.

At least, that's what the invites said. Apparently the City of Sacrament got down with the trees. Truth? He'd love to be a fly on the wall at Warlock Nation. Because Smiley's People.

He'd settle for Angelpalooza.

At least the first one. 'Cept. Place seemed deserted. And he wasn't super late. Because he was pretty good at being super late, and this wasn't super late. He wasn't one of those 'oops' people about being late. He knew when he was late.

Where's the band, yo? And the food? Big jacket pockets are meant for take home.

But there's a bar.

So he poured himself a drink.

"It was a cold and wet December day, when we touched the ground at JFK.
    Snow was melting on the ground, on BLS I heard the sound..."

And sang while he drank. Because angel.

"...of an aaaaannnnngggggggel!"

Someone has to be the band, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Wolven Pryde liked this post

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"New York City like a Christmas tree,
    Tonight this city belongs to me."

Ixidor doesn't care who's singing. Somebody's singing. That's good enough for him.

"~Aaaaannnngeeeeeeellll!"

Oops. Okay, his belted howl just said Adrian Isaacs in da house. And proved exactly why he rolls in the dough doing what he does. But it's okay.

He strolls up, not long after the other guy. Who... looks familiar enough that the Thιarch can say with about eighty-five percent certainty that he was at the Arrow Field day. Two of a three piece suit adorns the Deacon. He's not wearing a shirt underneath the vest, and he's in jeans and boots. A long bandana or kerchief of some sort is tied around his throat in place of a tie, and he sports his usual array of skulls and crosses and wings in varying degrees of silver and black leather. A few trinkets on his wrists, some around his neck. Earrings.

Naturally, his eyes are blacked artfully and dramatically with liner and maybe even a bit of shadow and mascara. Leftover from a Jack Sparrow kick that never fully went away. It works on stage.

"Yo man, what'chu drinkin'?" Ix calls in favor of a regular 'hello' as he closes the distance.

2 potency sight; 6 suxx to howl
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-16 08:11:48 Ixidor rolls 9 to singin' a song; Presence + Expression + Striking Looks (10 Again) 4, 1, 10, 9, 1, 5, 8, 9, 10, 8, 4 6 successes
    2014-07-16 08:11:14 Ixidor rolls 6 to cast Read Matrices; Gnosis + Forces +2 HS -2 Duration (24h) (10 Again) 10, 7, 7, 2, 1, 9, 7 2 successes
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

4. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's like the deer and headlights thing. Except with sound. It took a few moments, for him to put the glass down. Band? Arrived.

"Uh. This. And this."

He bumped a hand on top of vodka and tonic bottles. Then took a drink.

"You, uh, want one? I couldn't find ice. Or limes. So it's frat party style."
    Cheeks blew out, and he dove in.

"That was, like. Like. Amazing. Not gonna lie, man. Kinda thought of you as a has-been. When I saw you at That Circle Thing. Or, you know, poseur. With the music. AutoTune-A-Saurus."
    He could totally say that. Because Magical.

"But, yeah. My bad. Totes. Bono probably doesn't sound that good, anymore."

He tossed back the rest of the drink. Him? He'd never sounded that good.

"There may be whiskey? This kind of sucks without ice or limes."
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Matamune, Wolven Pryde liked this post

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor laughs as he gets in close enough to reach the bottle and a glass. He's still laughing, when he speaks, pouring at the same time. "Has-been? Bono? Jesus Fuck, dude, how old do you think I am?"

Then the glass is half-full again. Like magic. Only, you know, it's now a part of the rocker's pattern. Pattern. It's a pun.

He tips the glass at the air in a conceding way.
    "Though I guess. It was technically still the Nineties when I made it into the scene. But I was a kid. Wasn't even old enough to drive yet.

"AutoTune, though. I get it. Nice one."
    He could actually be really lazy and pull the Supernal to do the work for him. Will it into being, and such. Hubris? Not necessarily.

"Heard those Britney leaks? Damn."

He's snorting a laugh again, and already looking around for something else to poke at his constitution.
    "Wonder if there's any Jδger around? That's my shit. Hits hard and fast. By the time it wears off, the slower burning stuff has taken over."

Finding what he's looking for, he pours a shot for himself and the kid. Whatever his Shadow Name is.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

8. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uh. I dunno?" He shrugged. Wasn't this guy part of the Geritol Cabal?

"My bad, yo. You're just, like, old. Er. Older. Than me. Hmmm. Never knew you got big when you were that young, tho. So. Yeah. My bad."

He leaned an arm on the bar. Jager? Wasn't a super fan, but it worked. He was down. Totally wasn't gonna take pics if Isaacs started barfing. Because hilarious.

"Holy Brit Brit."
    He shivered a little as the shot went down. "She kinda skanky now anyways, you know? Back in the day though?"

You know what he's sayin'. You. Know. Not the red pvc cat suit. Anyone woulda grey sweater One More Time. And since they were digging around, he pawed through the bottles himself until he found a bottle of Patron Silver hidden away. Because party.

He poured right into their Jager shot glasses.

"You, uh, all right. Like, cool."

Because Adrian Isaacs needs the Star Stamp of Approval.

"
    Surprised you knew that jam, though? Not many people got down with the gospel and are and bee fusion on that album. Oh. Uh. Yeah. I'm, uh. Uh. Cut. Visus. But I go by Jack, in the world."

Star was great? But telling a rock star that you're 'Star'? Little weird, yo.
    - Roald Dahl

B
    Beej

At the back of the bar the 'Staff Only' door opens and Vincent steps out. In a grey suit sans a jacket, with scars and an eye patch and a fu machu beard, he looks like a possible Bond reboot villain.

"Hey Adrian!" Hard not to see the rocker first. Then the guy who had done card tricks? "You..were at the Field Day, I didn't get a chance to talk with you. I'm Vincent." he waves a greeting to the younger mage and then hitches a thumb toward the open door. "Back this way. The staff frequents the upper deck. Sorry for the delay by the way, business thing. Of which I need to talk with you later Adrian. Follow me, if you please."

He tapes a sign that says 'Avengers, this way' on the door and will lead Star and Ixidor down the lower lounge, presumably they will follow.

Through the 'Staff Only' door one walks down a long hallway with numerous doors leading to storage rooms, the kitchen and unspecified rooms. At the end of the hall is a heavy metal door which opens to reveal a staircase that leads down. Going down the stairs takes one into the private lounge of the Byzantine, reserved for the Awakened and their guests, upon request.

Cocktail tables and chairs line the walls on two sides. The center of the room is broken up by antique boilers on decorative display. On one of the boilers a digital projector and a Xbox 360 sit, projecting Rock Band onto a wall. Next to the boiler a Rock Band drum, guitar and mic are set up. Opposite the projector wall is a large fully stocked wet bar with folding tables arranged on either side of it. On them are trays of spinach and feta salad, grilled cheese sandwiches and chocolate ship cooks.

ooc

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

A sly grin steals on the rocker's face at the fumbling explanation. He gets it, sort of. When you're young, anyone who isn't your age is either an old fart or a little shit. But musicians had kind of transcended that, for him? You look up to these guys... and they're ageless. Until they're not.

Not that Ix expects the guy to look up at him all enthralled and mystified and everything.
    "Ixidor," he says, unaware if Cut has heard his Shadow name tossed around. Plus, it's just good manners. "Nice to meet you, Cut.

"And yeah man, Britney went skanky. They all tend to do that when their same old shit gets tired, nobody wants to write songs for 'em anymore, so they dump all their clothes and slut around to try to get some attention again.

"But it's all music to me. I had this friend in school-- rich, preppy parents, so he went full bore metal to rebel-- who had such a huge music collection. 'Cuz whatever he was doing to flip the bird to his Suburban Paradise family, he really dug some good stuff. I used to sleep over just to make tapes of as much of it as I could."

And to ditch his fucking junkie mother for a few hours while his sister was also doing something, and he didn't have to fend for them both. But! Cut doesn't need to listen to all of that. Ix toasts the shot, blinks a few times, and nods his approval. Bustin' out the tequila quick, they are.

When Verb shows, Ix throws up two tattooed fingers in a casual yo. He makes sure his glass is empty before following his fellow Unbound Smoker. That's fucking good tequila. He doesn't quite realize just how good, until that long walk. Fuck.

"Can I smoke beck here, Vinny-Verb, or will I get arrested?" Hahaha.

Yeah, yeah... he heard about that fucking shit.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

12. Likes Sirith, Cayce, Matamune liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Wasn't sure if it was the Jager, or the Patron, but the room was getting warm. Then Snake Plissken popped out of the birthday cake. Except now he had a name.

What do you say to man who wears an eyepatch and has his car repossessed?

Nothing, yo. Just nod-nod, grab the bottle of Patron, and follow.

Whoah, rewind.

"Make... tapes? Dude. You said tapes."

Just gonna roll, yo. Buzzin'. Carrying someone else's booze. Cracking on a Famous Guy.

Maybe Angelpalooza was going to be all right.
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Sirith, Cayce, Matamune, Wolven Pryde liked this post
    B
    Beej

Vincent shakes his head at the mention of arrest as he walks down the stairs. "Dude. You missed a shit show. There was that shit and the bag lady. But yeah, if you want to smoke keep it to a corner and don't go through a pack. You should get a vap. They got them in booze flavors now." Reaching the bottom of the steps Vincent heads straight for the wet bar and grabs a Modelo out of the fridge. "Making tapes?" he glances at the two other mages. "Did I miss tapes being the new vinyl?" he asks pulling the foil off to bottle.

A
    Asp

Asp made her way into the Obrimos party with a pleasant smile on her face. She was in a pretty good mood. Maybe it was the fact that her and Star were getting to go and get their drink on, which wasn't something she'd had the chance to do yet with the quirky Guardian. Maybe it was because their Path was getting to meet and she hadn't gotten to know all the Angels in the city yet.

Or maybe it was the fact that a certain rockstar was going to be here tonight, and she was excited to see him again.

Couldn't be the latter, could it?

IXXXIDOR!

"Sup, guys?" the youthful Arrow greeted the room as she moseyed on in, all casual and relaxed with a backpack slung over her shoulder. Inside it wasn't much; her lady-wallet, a bit of makeup, her vest, her tonfa. You know, the usual stuff that a girl about town needed. "Party rockin' yet or are we just getting started?" She smiled at them.

The smile may have lingered a moment longer on the Deacon. Maybe.

2 potency sight, 1 potency armor, cloaked. 24 hours
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-16 18:37:44 Asp rolls 5 to Again (10 Again) 8, 5, 10, 8, 6, 2 3 successes
    2014-07-16 18:37:37 Asp rolls 6 to Prime Sight/Life Armor (at home, HS, -2 for 24hr/-2 combined) (10 Again) 8, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4 1 success

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread