Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne gives a small nod as Aquinas gets to what he was really asking. The day to day easily distracts her sadly.

"There are Seers around town. Never think that they aren't there. They are the jailers for a reason." Not to mention they are disturbingly well connected.

"I find it fortunate that we haven't had.. hmm.. problems with them recently. However I don't doubt that they will try to remind us of their world view should we assert ourselves."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"So we've established that the problems exist. Cool. Now does anyone actually want to say something useful? Like, maybe share ways that we might use our connection to People to deal with those problem?" Avis asked, her ire at having her question ignored spurring her tongue into action. She even forgot about her project, the paper lying next to her empty plate, her hands having retreated off of the table.

"My favorite idea is turning them into goldfish. I've never tried it, though. Anyone seen it in action? I'm thinking tugging on the emotions is never a bad idea, either." Obviously just attacking their minds had it's appeal, too, but that wasn't thought to be particularly Wise. Also, when else would she have a chance to ask a room full of Warlocks how they might handle a Banisher or a Seer.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1
    If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-3 to have your unseen senses trigger.

They normally do,” Aquinas notes off of Ariadne's statement on the Seers of the Throne. “They like to make a lot of noise.” It's almost dismissive but a note of caution sits firmly in his voice. “We'll deal with them in due time, as I understand it,” a glance towards Zoey, “Banishers and Scelesti seem higher on the threat level.

The Master finishes his drink and sets it aside, looking to Avis, “Protect your connections,” a pause, “each one of us has them, if you shift your gazes to a simple unveiling practice of Space, you can watch the connections form between us like a web. You can even see the connection between myself and my ring.” A gesture towards his iron wedding band. “Protect these and erase the loose ends. This is a preventative measure.

The easy way,” Aquinas then counsels Avis in particular, “is not always the best way, or so a Concordat once told me. The easy way is turning them into a goldfish. The hard way,” the man advises, “is find the connections the Banishers and the Scelesti have made themselves and severing them, using them, and changing their minds. Once they have been cut off at the knees; they are easy to remove.

As a Key Bearer, he knows more than any of them the importance of taking the Hard Road. The easy way tempts with the ability to simply rip vice out and use it against others. The test is in its prudent application.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi knew where his faults lie. He focused entirely upon them. The conversation now, however, seemed like something he hoped he was good at.

"You make it sound so easy, Aquinas-san," the sumo said bluntly, looking from where he sat towards the Master.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi sighed. For such a Path, conversation was pretty dull. Why had he thought it would be anything but? The sumo wasn't exactly the social butterfly.

"Are there any other matters?" he finally said bluntly, snapping the lull in conversation. "Otherwise, I believe some of us have places to attend." His eyes glanced towards Zodiac, noting her earlier honesty. Besides, he had some practicing to be getting on with.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

In the lull between conversation, Avis' eyes flicked around the room until they finally settled back onto her piece of paper. Her fingers worked diligently, manipulating the paper along carefully determined lines, transforming it from a flat plane into something dimensional, something reflective of an idea. The piece of paper became something resembling an animal. A Fox, in particular. It was a bit hard to recognize, since the paper she was using was white, but surely a Master would figure it out. And an Archeologist. After all, they were the only ones who Avis really cared about understanding the little paper-thing, so Avis briefly showed it to Zoey, letting her get a good look, and then she slid the figure down the table to Aquinas.

"Thank you. For, uh, illuminating more about how we can use what we've earned," she said to the future-Hierarch. It was a bit of a gamble, given their talk of connections, but if he was a Master of Pandemonium, just meeting him probably gave him enough of a connection to use. She really wasn't giving anything up that he couldn't already take, if he wanted. Still, it was meant to be a gesture. Out of all the people in the room, the only person that had earned her trust, besides her Cabal-mate, was the Challenger. No one else had said shit. Brought food, sure. Set up the meeting, yes. But nobody else had actually done something to make it memorable.

Maybe it wasn't just coincidence that Zoey had chosen Aquinas at the start of the meeting.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

C
    Casitive

This thread is about a month old, so I'm going to lock it up. Good Scene everyone!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread