Ended
Watch

(1407) Mastigos Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jonokuchi

PRE

Today was the day when Jonokuchi met his peers on the Path of Scourging, and he was nervous. He hid it well behind the usual stoic mien, the roiling storm in his expanded gut kept at bay. He had been awake since five that morning, his usual routine of sweeping and cleaning followed by his daily spell castings the norm. The only difference today being that rather than focusing his Sight through his usual, albeit favoured, Arcanum of Space, the Warlock had chosen to unlock the Third Eye. It was uncomfortable for him, being able to read the complications of telepathy and ESP but with some focus, the Imago had blossomed into reality.

Jonokuchi still relied upon the his Untouchable armour, however. He wasn't stupid.

He had rearranged one of the room's upstairs for a meeting place, of sorts. A wooden table had been found along with enough chairs for a dozen guests. In truth, as he set them out, Jonokuchi really wasn't sure how many Warlocks there were in Sacramento. For all he knew, the extra seats could be a little embarrassing.

In the centre of the table were several pots of tea and coffee, along with a jug of water. He had also gone shopping that morning and picked up some fruit and simple pastries for the meeting, nothing too heavy. Not for a midday meeting such as this. Making certain everything was in place, Jonokuchi went back downstairs a hung a simple sign for everyone arriving: Meeting upstairs.

It really was a simple sign. Flair wasn't for the sumo even if he was dressed in a red and white kimono. He would endeavour to look his best, giving a good impression if possible. Standing in the meeting room, hands tucked into his sleeves, Jonokuchi waited before an stray thought entered his mind.

Perhaps I should create some wards...

He thought better of it. For all he knew, they may be torn asunder by those of more power.

Spells for the day, -1 Mana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 01:16:21 Jonokuchi rolls 7 to Space + Gnosis + HS (10 Again) 10, 4, 6, 9, 9, 4, 1, 10, 4 4 successes
    2014-07-13 01:15:58 Jonokuchi rolls 8 to Mind + Gnosis + HS (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 5, 8, 10, 9, 8, 3, 2, 2 4 successes

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

It was lucky for her that she had today off - or was it luck at all? It was hard to say for certain. What she did know was that a midday meeting of Mastigoi seemed liable to turn swiftly into a headache. Her attire was business casual, implying a degree of respect but not a lot of fuss even as she made her way to the Circle all on her own. She'd done some cleaning earlier, grocery shopping (because Star couldn't do that on his motorcycle and it wasn't like her other cabalmates had cars) and a little reading as she prepared for the meeting, before finally resigning herself.

Anyone who hadn't figured out she was a Warlock by now either hadn't met her, or was liable to be met with the condescending raising of a brow. Well, whatever. She admittedly was curious if Star was still puzzling her Path out.

Once she'd parked her car, Zoey made her way into the Circle of Creation, finding herself following a sign to the proposed meeting room. As she arrived, she cast a briefly curious look at Jonokuchi before simply offering a formal bow as best she knew how regarding Japanese customs. "Good afternoon," she greeted quietly.

-1 mana Augment the Mind, 2pot Third Eye/24hr, Effective Manipulation 5/2hr
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 03:57:47 Zodiac rolls 6 to Augment the Mind (manip)(Mind+Gnosis+HS)(-2/2hr) (10 Again) 6, 5, 10, 1, 10, 4, 7, 3 2 successes
    2014-07-13 03:53:22 Zodiac rolls 5 to Third Eye (Mind+Gnosis+HS)(-2/24, -1 retry) (10 Again) 6, 10, 5, 4, 2, 10, 3 2 successes

3. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

As Zodiac arrived, and offered a bow, Jonokuchi returned with one of his own automatically, a lifetime of tradition smoothly returning. "Good afternoon," he replied, copying her own words. "I am Jonokuchi, thank you for attending. Do you want a drink?" he asked bluntly, his large hand removing from his the depths of his sleeve to indicate the table and small selection of beverages. Socially, the Warlock lacked finesse but the offer still stood.

His mind wondered about the wards once more. A sigh at the thought.

"Congratulations on your victory at the field day," he added in an unusual show of social nicety.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"I believe my cabalmate, Asp, introduced us briefly not too long ago?" Zodiac smiled a little as she straightened, wondering if the man had brought anything traditionally from his homeland. "But I am Zodiac, and it's a pleasure to be reacquainted, Jonokuchi."

At his further offer of pleasantries, Zoey smiled a little more. "Thank you, kindly. I hadn't intended to attend the gathering, initially, but circumstances arose.

"If I may,"
    she added, "as a matter of social and cultural curiousity, and please forgive me if I'm being rude as I ask only out of genuine curiousity... have you brought macha tea? I've always heard many things about Japanese tea ceremonies, and I've been curious as to how traditional macha is served."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

There is a knock that sounds suspiciously like someone banging his head on the door which then flies ajar and a slightly shorter-than-average man can be seen standing in the doorway, grinning sheepishly. He's wearing a grey shirt that's not tucked into his light-blue jeans. Right now he'balancing on one foot. Probably because he needed to open the door somehow and both his hands are occupied with huge paper bags with something rectangular inside. The image is complimented by a backpack slung over his shoulder. Poor thing pracitcally whimpers from the weight when he moves. Clearly, whatever's in there is something the creators of this simple tourist's companion didn't consider.

"Hi, I'm Ermon. Could one of you help me with these? I got a little overenthusiastic", - pausing for a moment he tries to grasp what he's missing, - "Ah. Yeah, these are snacks."

The Warlock starts to heavily wobble toward the table trying not to drop anything. As he moves, something can be heard sloshing inside his backback.

Rolls
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Jonokuchi

PRE

The large sumo thought back to that day in the Circle when Magni and Mace had arrived, and the brief introduction by Asp. He sighed, perhaps not for the last time this afternoon. "My apologies," Jonokuchi replied with another bow, "I forgot."

Zodiac's question caused Jonokuchi to pause and he looked towards the table. It wasn't what he was expecting and he may have smiled slightly. "I am afraid not. I have yet to find any in the city. All I can offer is quite foul, in truth."

Then, the door banged and Jonokuchi snapped his head around towards the honest looking man that introduced himself as Ermon. Without a thought, the large sumo took the item he was carrying with ease. "I am Jonokuchi," he said, looming over the much smaller man, wondering just what type of snacks he had brought.

Turning his back, Jonokuchi took the package to the table and placed it down, his bulk knocking into the table's edge. Once content, he turned to the other Warlocks, ready to pour a drink or offer a seat.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

It's the same old suit. But it feels right and that's what matters. Stylish too, or fitting for some of the places Ariadne finds herself on a regular basis. Something had smelled wonderful as she had prepared her spells for the day. Sight of the Mind instead of Prime to suit the occasion. Making sure that Pixel wasn't going to make a mad dash for freedom Ariadne slips out of the Unbound Sanctum and made her way to the Circle.

Arriving at the Circle she takes a moment to look at it again. Beautiful. I wonder if the Arrows have a belief system? Noting the sign Ariadne makes her way upstairs. She grins at Ermon, the source of the smells from home, and nods to Zodiac.

"Hello I don't believe we have met?" Ariadne greets the giant Japanese man with a smile and extended hand.

Cloaked Combined Miscperception and Mindshield, Cloaked Mind Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 14:45:59 Ariadne rolls 9 to Mind Sight Gno+Mind+HS-2(AdvProl24hr) (10 Again) 2, 9, 3, 8, 1, 8, 8, 9, 6 5 successes
    2014-07-13 14:42:49 Ariadne rolls 7 to Miscperception + Mind Shield Cloaked @ Hollow(Gno+Mind-combined+HS-AdvProl23hr(-2)=7) (10 Again) 3, 3, 8, 3, 2, 1, 4 1 success

9. Likes Matamune liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis slunk into the room, not long after Ariadne, dressed just as she had for Arrowlympics and for beat-down Sunday (sans windbreaker). Why? Because this was the meeting for the children of nightmare, those who'd walked in the realm of demons and taken the power found there, and her arms told part of the story of how she'd gotten there. They weren't as impressive as Animus' scars, in fact they probably looked like deep chicken scratches in comparison, but that wasn't the point. The point was that she had a history of the conflict that had shaped her written into her skin and if she was going to display something here, it might as well be that. The Guardians could keep their pant suits.

Avis fought down a snort when the Epopt asked who the man who'd called the meeting was. Hopefully she was just being polite. If not? Well, not her Order. She nodded to those present and then found a seat. The drinks looked tempting, almost as tempting as showing solidarity by hanging by Zoeymandius, but the drink table was too crowded for her comfort.

A piece of white paper found its way out of her pockets and into her hands while she waited for the meeting to start. They were missing Aquaman, for one.

Combined Misperception+Mindsheild pot 2 each
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 22:21:06 Avis rolls 6 to combined mind shield+misperception (gnos3+mind3+hs2-2) (10 Again) 10, 9, 10, 3, 6, 10, 3, 2, 7 4 successes

Prime sight, potency 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 22:22:14 Avis rolls 4 to rly rly? +HS (10 Again) 7, 8, 4, 9 2 successes
    2014-07-13 22:21:54 Avis rolls 3 to rly dice? (10 Again) 7, 3, 3 failure
    2014-07-13 22:21:35 Avis rolls 4 to Prime sight!2 (10 Again) 2, 3, 5, 4 failure
    2014-07-13 22:21:23 Avis rolls 5 to Prime sight! (10 Again) 1, 3, 5, 4, 3 failure
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Orobas is whistling as he climbs the stairs.

Truth be told, the Mastigos usually relied more on the council of his Order than his Path. Still, if one of them was nice enough to send out invitations, there was no good reason to turn it down.

1 sux each for Third Eye and Misperception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 00:09:44 Orobas rolls 7 to cast Misperception (10 Again) 5, 3, 3, 3, 8, 2, 5 1 success
    2014-07-14 00:09:31 Orobas rolls 7 to cast Third Eye (10 Again) 6, 2, 2, 2, 3, 8, 7 1 success

Of course, just because he was being polite didn't mean he was being stupid. A certain amount of... caution is prudent around a gathering of warlocks after all. He's not certain how potent their other arcana might be, but the Mind spells are the ones that concern him most. The Third Eye should at least warn him of any funny business incoming.

It's a warm smile he offers to the gathering that's shown up so far. He quickly silences his cell phone and drops it into his pocket.

"Well, guess quite a few of us showed," he comments. "Don't I just feel fashionably late now."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Zoey granted a polite smile and inclination of the head to the Epopt as she arrived, before carefully watching each of the newcomers, moving rather promptly out of the way even as Avis arrived. Moving to the table, she took a seat for herself and patted beside her with a quiet smile for Avis. It was a good time to allow others to take their turns speaking and introducing themselves. She realized now that it might have made more sense to wait on introductions until everyone had arrived, so as to deal with all introductions in one fell swoop, but it was what it was.

If there was something to be accomplished in this meeting, she couldn't rightly say, but much like Avis the notion of solidarity with regard to her cabalmate was important to her.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread