Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She matches the grin with one of her own, “Stage names are fun. Plus it makes it a little less awkward when I’m performing.” She replied. “You did?! Did it stray too far from the comics? Which I haven’t had the chance to pick it up yet.”

As Tyria mentioned it had been some time since the last gathering, she had to wonder why. It was a little interesting thing that she could always bring up later.

When Avalon welcomed them and asked if there was anything they could do for them, she simply shook her head. “Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m settling in as well as can be expected. Getting lost here and there.” She said with a soft laugh. “But thank you for the offer.”

She was a little surprised by Crowley blurting out his name, and offered him an encouraging smile. He seemed a little more relaxed at the park, and she wondered if something was troubling him.

Taking a seat beside him, she lowers her voice, “You ok?” she asked, concern was obvious in her tone. She knew it was probably none of her business, but she had to ask.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J

It isn't a direct question as to her name, but it is certainly an indirect question. Most of the room either doesn't care or doesn't understand the reference, and it's for the best.

"Intuition. You either know what's true or what isn't. There's no bluffing your way through it, because when you come out the other side, you still know or not. It's not something that's learned, but it's something that's trained. It doesn't make sense to many people until the realization settles in that intuition is innate."

She speaks about the word that is her name but not her name as if she's done it before.

"The higher thoughts, or good sense, in the Queen's English," which she managed to say in a very bad English accent. "Intuition isn't about perception though. It's not about seeing tapestry as it's taking shape, but understanding it without needing to see it."

Did she just correct the leader of the Mystagogues about philosophy? You bet. It's her name. Granted, it isn't even necessarily the meaning Nous intends most days. It's a meaning that isn't intuitive unless one speaks French on a regular basis, or maybe it is if you don't go searching for hidden meanings in every last word. Mystagogues, always looking for nous, when they just need psuchē.

Really though, the concept of nous is only important if you forget that she's a person and that it is her name.

She finds the nearest waitstaff and orders herself a fruity Beaujolais because it's summer and there's no reason to not when any stains will match the dress well enough.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Yeah! I enjoyed it. Turns out I'd been thinking of a different Comic-movie duo, but a quick check turned up that Blade is still a comic. A Marvel one actually, which is probably why the movie series wasn't continued." Because Warner Bros. didn't have the licensing anymore - Disney did.

Avalon wasn't a second host, was she? Primoria was Miach's boss... hmm. Pepper just shook her head. "No, thank you though. I'm settling in quite well, and I've been fortunate in meeting people already." She gave a nod of her head to Faye, then another one to Elle. She found herself at a bit of a loss, nothing about Avalon stood out for easy conversation, and Faye had checked on Crowley - who seemed a bit preoccupied at the minimum.

Comics only interested so many people, and well..."So, that Patio? Just like being outside or something else?"

Miach

PRE

Hearing Crowley blurt out his name like that nearly made Miach cringe, but he knew better than to judge a book by its cover. So what if he wasn't a lion of the social scene ? "How do you do, Crowley. Pleased to meet you." he said, hoping to put the man at ease. "Want a drink, perhaps ?"

Meanwhile, he kept an eye on Avalon and Tyria, ready to jump at their invitation. He was glad to see that people were getting to know each other easily enough.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley spared Miach a nod. "Uhm. Beer. Please." He added.

To Faye he made a happy - if strained - face. "I'm... practicing with some less than familiar techne... stuff... you know?" He spoke reasonably quiet but spoiled his effort with a hand gesturing eagerly to his eyes. "Its... different. Yeah?"

With a bit of effort his attention was turned on the others. "So. Like. Whats this for?"

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Striking Looks •• (Elegant)
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria
    Status (Consilium) •••Status (Mysterium) •••••

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Tyria Primoria| Curator | SL •• (Elegant) | Consilium Status: 3 | Cloaked Spells
    If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Tyria's fleeting smile at Nous' explanation comes and goes like the breeze. A blink and you miss it thing that might have been insubstantial if it wasn't for the Curator's icy demeanor. Shadownames are interesting, the whys and hows people take the identities they do. Even more interesting is how some just pick the first thing that comes to mind when choosing the 'who they want to be.'

The Curator glances at the waitstaff who takes the order.

Understanding escapes so many,” Tyria says simply, “some of the thistle put too much stock into what they see rather than what they understand.

Final words of parting and maybe even a compliment. If Tyria held a drink in her hand, she might have lifted it in toast. Instead, the woman slips by Nous looking to say hello to the rest.

Wonderful,” Avalon replies airily to both Faye and Pepper. As an aside to Pepper's question Avalon taps a pocket, the sound of a hollow cigarette box emanates. “Bad habits need to be sated at some point and it would be impolite to smoke in such a lovely setting, wouldn't it?

Looking over to Miach she allows him to lead the way, “Please Miach, if you would like to show me where it might be, I might be able to satisfy a small craving of mine.

Since Miach's player is away for a few days, you should feel free to pose around him.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Pepper nodded in understanding, "Ah, one of the side effects of picking up Tobacco - you end up standing outside alone every two hours." Not that Pepper had continued the habit after sophomore year of College. But dammit, she remembered far too many bitterly cold rainstorms for her liking.

But it's hard not to appreciate someone making sure they can, in fact, go outside for one. Though, well, She wasn't really prone to following her out. She debated on getting to know this Crowley person, or maybe chat with Elle and Primoria. But it seemed better to let Faye help Crowley, since they seemed to know eachother already.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding her head to Pepper, “We should defiantly get together sometime and discuss comic books. Especially the ones made into movies. My knowledge is a little bad, but it does sound interesting, and I am always looking for new hobbies.”

As Peppers attention shifted to Avalon and the patio talk, she looks back to Crowley.

She wondered if he meant his Awakened sight, and nods her head, “I think I understand what you mean. Attempting to see the world though untrained eyes is hard. But it’s great that you keep trying and stick with it!” she said with an encouraging smile. “Just remember, you are among friends here who share your Path,” she said glancing around, “And I’m pretty sure most of us would be glad to help if you needed it.” After she had spoken she realized how lame her words had sounded, and she laughs. “You can just ignore what I said, I just realized how corny it probably sounded.”

The beer sounded good, but she didn’t want to trouble their host with it.

Her attention turns to the other as his did, there was then a slight shrug. “Kinda a meet and greet I think. Get to know those who walk the same Path as you.”

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Nah, its good." Crowley smiled. "Its the sentiments that count." He shifted his seat a bit so he could look more effectively at the rest of the company.

"So... We have some people who like comics. I like loud music. So - what do you like?" Crowley didn't exactly specify who he was talking to. He happened to be vaguely looking in Nous' direction, but whether he was talking to her was another thing entirely.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread