Ended
Watch

(1407) Acanthus Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Miach

PRE

True to his announcement, Miach had booked the private dining room of the Tower Bridge Bistro for the evening.

He hoped the scenery would help set people in a relaxed mood. He hoped it would put him into a relaxed mood. As it was, he was sipping a glass of pina colada while walking near the patio. A couple of tables had been set side by side to provide a resting place for those who would like to sit, but most of the room had been cleaned of unnecessary furnitures. On the far side was the buffet, full of the bistro's tantalizing specialties, and he did his best not to look in that direction.

Soon, the first guests would arrive, and the meeting would actually start. He had no idea what would happen, and hadn't bothered checking the future to even have an idea. Too many Acanthus for it to have any meaning. He would have to live it for himself.

OOC

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded as she was shown the private room by the Bistro's maitre de and smiled to the head waiter in thanks. She glanced around, and noted that there was only one other so far. Well, hopefully she was just early. The acanthus quickly straightened her Green Jumpsuit and stepped into the room up to the man there.

"Hello, I'm Pepper. Would you be the one who posted the invite... Miach?" Because that would make sense for the first person there to be the host.

Cast on the way
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-12 15:50:56 Pepper rolls 5 to Fortune's Protection (Gno+Fate) (10 Again) 5, 10, 2, 3, 10, 10, 5, 4 3 successes
    2014-07-12 15:48:42 Pepper rolls 5 to Sybil's Sight (Gno+Fate) (10 Again) 10, 10, 1, 7, 6, 1, 4 2 successes

4. Likes Bigpaw liked this post

Miach

PRE

It seemed Fate had decreed he wouldn't have Time to dwell on his thoughts. Miach had waited only long enough to be half-way through his glass when someone arrived. It was a lady he wasn't familiar with - which was the whole point of the meeting, after all - and she had quite the look.

"Hello Pepper. I am Miach indeed. Please be welcome." the tall Acanthus replied as a greeting to the woman. It wasn't so easy, but he tried his best to remain laid-back, and rein in the suspicion.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, and offered a hand to shake. "I'm a member of the Vox. Ixidor's met me, though I don't think I've met many of the Enchanters here yet." Small talk. "I pay the bills being a Fact Editor for a small publishing company, and recently moved from Boston to here with Mace - a Talon and an Moros."

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley was not having a good day.

First, he found the threads of his Imago perpetually fragile and prone to dissolving the moment he let them run free. His Sight had already failed him once, forcing him to change tack and employ his weaker understanding of the Fate Arcanum to imbue his Sight. That had been successful but now Crowley found himself wandering the streets like one who was slightly high: his lack of skill with the Arcanum showing itself in his vacant look and the stunned set to his features as he tried to process what he was seeing. He had been becoming familiar with the particular resonances of Time, but with the workings of Fate, it was like he was a baby discovering the world all over again.

At least his Temporal Dodge was holding together as he ambled into the Bistro. It took him several beats more than necessary to close on Miach and Pepper - time needed to sort through the strange glimmerings, streaks and coils that warped and shivered across his vision.

"Hey... uh... I'm here about the meeting..." he said carefully as he approached the pair.

Sybil's Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-12 23:58:26 Crowley rolls 5 to GNO 2 + Fate 1 + 2 HS (10 Again) 10, 8, 1, 10, 10, 1, 4, 6 4 successes

Temporal Dodge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-12 23:57:46 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 3 1 success

failed Temporal Eddies
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-12 23:56:52 Crowley rolls 4 to Gno 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 2, 7, 5, 1 failure

Miach

PRE

Miach was about to reply in kind to Pepper when he caught sight of someone else arriving. "Good evening. I guess you mean the Enchanting meeting, right ? Please be welcome." he asked, though he already knew the answer.

Provided Crowley's answer was positive, the Medstar went on with his own introduction. "I am Miach, member of the Alae. I'm an ER doctor too, should you ever need one." he said, giving each a white card upon which was a pearl-colored caduceus. On its back was a letter "M", and a phone number. "But please feel free to call anytime."

The last part of Pepper's sentence hadn't been lost on him, though. "Mace ? I don't think I've met... him ?" he asked, unsure of the identity.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye breezed into the designated meeting area, having been directed there. She had chosen a white dress for the meeting, now wanting to be too dressed up, but still wanting to make a good impression.

Her blue eyes scanned those already gathered, a tall gentleman with a friendly smile, and another woman, at least she recognized one, it was Crowley! A wide smile appears on her face at this turn of good luck, and she walks over to the small group.

“Hi everyone!” she said with a smile and a small wave.

Cast at Hotel

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

She accepted Miach's card and offered one of her own - with a simple border of Acanthus leaves and a ladder up one side, it only said 'Pepper' and her cell number. Oh, might as well correct miach on the proper pronouns for her sister..."Her, actually. Same height as me, purple streak in her hair, white. Just if you do run into her."

She turned, taking a look at the two arrivals and - wow, the blonde seemed really familiar. Like someone she'd run into a few times but hadn't really talked to yet.

Wait, no, Ooze, Laundry. "Madison?"

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Hey... Madison... How are you?" Crowley squinted up at Faye. In the end, he gave up. "Uh... I'm going to take a seat. Here, right?"

Miach

PRE

Another woman came joining the gathering, and Miach's brain stopped working for a half-second. She radiated confidence, and the two others seemed to know her. Catching his breath, he warmly welcomed her too.

"How do you do... Madison ?" he tentatively asked. "I'm Miach, pleased to meet you." which was true. For a split second, he wondered what it would feel like to be shot by someone like her, and winced, but he quickly put it away. He was trying to overcome those lapses, and couldn't afford any now.

The Medstar focused back on Pepper's words, filing them away for future reference. "Her. Purple streak. Got it." he nodded. "I look forward to meeting her." Moros and Talon, eh ? How do the two of them know, then ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread