Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Edwin & Roderick

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

It was the baring of his first name that gave it away, causing Edwin's usually outgoing manner to fade rapidly. He took a step back to brace himself against any possible Breach of Etiquette.

"Is there a problem, Mister Pearson. A problem shared is a problem halved."

His hands were open and to the side, placating, a gesture of calm.
    Scenes

M

Roderick stared down the Ventrue facing him for a few moments before slowly relaxing, bringing a hand up to pinch at the bridge of his nose. When he finally spoke, the edge was mostly gone from his tone, "You will not tell anyone of this, understand? If you do, I will do everything I can to undermine the rest of your Requiem here in Sacramento. Am I clear?"

He looked Edwin in the eye, waiting for the other to confirm.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The smile was now definitely gone. Just like that.

The hands dropped, the politeness fading. The Beast...began to sing.

"Are you seriously threatening me?"
    Scenes

M

"That's the point I'm getting to. The fact that I could say that and not once did my Beast react in fear."

Roderick could feel Bridges' Beast rear up. A time before and his own would have started to back off. But not now. Instead, it bared it's fangs as well, accepting the challenge offered.

"When we first meet, I had to keep my Beast in line just to be able to sit at that table across from you. But now look at me. Look at my Beast. Can you sense any hesitation from it anymore?" His brow lowered as his voice grew quieter, "I have little to no knowledge of Kindred physiology. Nor of the Beast. But I am sure that you have lived with both a lot longer than I have. Do you have a clue as to what is causing this?" He is quiet for just a moment before adding on with hesitation, "What is causing me to start to slip in my control?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She felt Sir Baldwin and his Beast move with her, and not that she predicted any trouble, but there was a sense of relief at having Sir Baldwin by her side.

She reached the two gentlemen in a matter of seconds, and a smile appears on her face. She pauses as her Beast issued its challenge towards the weaker Beasts present, and mentally regains control of it.

Her eyes quickly take in the situation, which seemed to have gone down a few notches. But the words were still used, and must be addressed. The dark brown eyes look to Roderick, then to Edwin, all the amusement gone from them.

“Good evening gentleman, I do hate to interrupt, but we could not help but overhear your conversation.” While friendly, there was a slight edge to her voice. “Is there a problem here that needs to be addressed?” she asked, giving the floor to Roderick and Edwin to explain.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin really didn't know what to say in reply. He wasn't some academic who studied the ways and wherefores of the Beast. All he kept thinking about was how he should have just gone over and joined the pretty people rather than tending to business first.

Speaking of which...

"Its difficult to say," Edwin replied to the alluring woman, the smile returning to his face instantly now he was in better company. "It would seem I have somehow offended Mister Pearson here."

The grin grew.

"It must be the cologne I used this evening." Offering a slight bow, Edwin continued, offering a hand. "Edwin Bridges, at your pleasure."
    Scenes

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin slid through Court, remaining next to Daniella Sage. His manner was poised, his black suit well pressed and his dark green shirt and tie completing the ensemble that shouted of his Clan's allegiances to the educated Kindred world. There was a malevolence to him, a tension that warned of sudden violence. But the violence never came, and the poise remained - Sir Baldwin was simply here for business of the Knightly variety, accompanying the Keeper upon her request.

"Good evening," he said after Sage did, electing to remain silent. Surely if he was to be introduced, Lady Sage or Mr. Pearson would handle that.

M

Roderick gritted his teeth. More Beasts, circling around them. Snarling and baring their fangs and his own on some sort of freakout that took almost all of his mental strenght to keep suppressed. The backstab from the brat who came to him for help in the first place was really making things worse! And his blood, it felt hot and heavy like molten iron. He did not need this now. Not in front of Baldwin or the Au Pair.

KILL THEM ALL!

"Shut up," He muttered past clinched teeth as he pressed a hand against his head as if that would stop the voice in his mind. He looked to the Au Pair, trying and failing to keep his expression and voice calm, "There was no offence.. Just a.. gah... A misunderstanding." He couldn't take it anymore. His mental stamina was running out. He needed to get out.

"Please excuse me!" He moved then, going as fast as a brisk walk could take him. That was as fast as he could move while keeping a lid on things.

Roderick is going to get away from the group as fast as he can if no one interferes with him doing so.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She returns Edwins smile with one of her own.

“If I may, I have the honor of introducing Sir Baldwin, Honored Knight of the Thorned Wreath.” She says with respect.

She then focuses on what he said, turning her attention to Roderick. “Well, I hope if there has been any offence we can work it out before it escalates any further.”

Her heightened senses picked up on the mutter, and she raised an eyebrow. Her eyes watch as he pressed a hand against his head, and caught the edge in his voice. She then takes a tentative step back, unsure of just what was going on with Roderick. Her eyes quickly look to Sir Baldwin, then to Edwin.

And then, he excuses himself, and she looks concerned as he hurried off. “Just what is going on here?” she says. Was there something wrong with Roderick, was he even stable enough to be at Court?

Looking to Sir Baldwin, she was at a loss for words. This was a new situation for her. Her eyes scan the Court, looking for Dillon, Wolven Pryde and rest on Emma Psychangel . Did she need to involve the Reeve or a deputy? Was Roderick a threat to himself or the Elyisum?
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Emma French

PRE

Emma saw Roderick hurry off and then saw Dani's look. What was going on, Emma wondered to herself. She almost ran after Roderick but decided to wait and see if Dani signaled her to do so. After all, she may have left him to go cool down by himself or something. Emma stayed where she was vigilant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread