Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ginger Day (Private)

THREADID

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Supernal Vision Potency 7
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-04 07:20:47 Faith rolls 9 to Supernal Vision Rote Wits+Occ+Prime+HS (10 Again) 1, 10, 8, 2, 10, 1, 3, 10, 10, 5, 10, 7, 8, 2 7 successes

If someone asked Faith if she dyed her hair more reddish because felt bad for being a ginger, she'd laugh. "Man, you don't understand. I wanted to be more ginger." Yep, ginger = awesome. On some days, Faith would say she feels ginger. On days like that she sings loudly, dances while walking the street and it almost gets to the level when nobody would get surprised if small animals would follow her.

Once, some friend of her said that Faith should be in a Disney movie.
    Few years later, after watching "Frozen", Faith called them and the first thing she did was to sing "Do you wanna build a snowman?".

This day was a Ginger Day, too. The weather was perfect, with sun (that she almost got used to) not burning as mercilessly as usual, and a nice breeze cooled the air a bit. She finished her project and got out of work early, and got some steamed Chinese dumplings with pork and ginger along with some iced ginger tea.

What more, she had her eyes wide open in every meaning, and she was heading to the Fat Cat Studio.

Faith didn't bother calling. Days like today were created for some inspired creation, and @Ixidor himself told that he's gonna spend most of his time here. Probably he was even too busy with the music to notice if the called. So with the dress flowing behind her, food in her hands and bright smile and hello to Sarai (and making sure that Adrian Isaacs is in the same room as before), the redhead just enters the studio.

"Hello, do you have a minute?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Adrian Isaacs in in it deep, right now. There are tracks playing behind him, likely all recorded by the man himself as well. Drums, bass, another guitar, some orchestrated stuff. And he's standing in the middle of the studio space ripping along with it. Layering a masterpiece.

Forces of electricity, sound, magnetic conduction, they do his bidding without touching the Supernal. But he sees. He feels. It's obvious in the way he practically dances and sways to every howl of the strings. Walking a groovy pace, from one side of his imaginary stage to the other.

Occasionally, he throws back his head, looking up and shaking his chin... akin to a man giving praise...

Before slamming forward into an angry crunch of power. His attacks fluctuate so seamlessly between hard and delicate, with such precision, it's not difficult to understand why he's become as famous as he has. Once, when something apparently goes particularly well, he grins, nodding at no one in particular.

His hair is a sweaty mess, much like the rest of him, and held at bay by a soaked bandana. Eyeliner, and who knows, maybe shadow and mascara, streak down his cheeks. From sweat, maybe. Or perhaps from emotion. Passionate, streaming tears.

But he'll probably tell you sweat.

Every major emotion on the spectrum does seem to pass his features. But it settles into a cool, calm amusement as Faith peeks in on him from the airlock and asks her question at the end of the track. He's swiping his black mop of hair back as he answers with a smile.

"Always, for you. And much more than a minute." He's out of breath. It's a beat or two, and a drink of water from it's perch on a nearby stool before he adds, "What's up?"

Similar to this!

3 potency RM; 8 successes to ROCK
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-04 13:03:11 Ixidor rolls 11 to rawk! \m/ ; Intelligence + Expression + Spec + 2 Equipment (10 Again) 8, 10, 9, 8, 3, 2, 2, 9, 6, 8, 8, 8 8 successes
    2014-07-04 12:49:02 Ixidor rolls 6 to cast Read Matrices; Gnosis + Forces +2 HS -2 Duration (24h) (10 Again) 10, 4, 5, 8, 1, 10, 7, 2 3 successes
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

3. Likes Lesingnon, Sirith liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Faith may say all she wanted that she's not interested in guitarists. Every idiot can buy a good guitar and learn a few riffs. One of the main reasons guitars are so popular is that even the simplest song can be great. Voice was much, much more impressive. There was one thing about learning singing techniques; nobody could create the instrument for you. Your voice was only for you to work on.

This, this wasn't a simple "guitar playing". She actually stood a while before asking, just to watch and listen, and tune all senses to what Ixidor was doing. All the energy, emotions, burning fire of Ecstatic resonance... The Theurgist found herself trembling, giggling, crying in her own excitement.

When the man spoke, the redhead blinked and neatened her hair, trying to regain the composure (and cover the fact that she cried). "I want to s...sssing with you," at the last second the redhead bit her tongue. No sex, baby. We're celibate, remember? "Sometime. Maybe." Fuck, Faith, you just reached the mastery of rhetoric. "I have something to eat and drink." She raised the bag with the stuff from her usual Chinese spot.

It's not a crime to want to hang out with your Deacon, right? Innocent stuff. Socializing. Damn, maybe even doing some Obrimos-ey stuff. Would touching the Divine together by way of sacred creation be so bad?

Can she tell this man of her Path?

"That was pretty awesome, I bet you're tired. When are you going to release this?"

Easy question, giving some time to gather the courage.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor grins, at spotting the not-very-well hidden evidence that his performance had touched. It's a better compliment than words can ever be. As a musician, hell, as a Theurgist on the Path of the Mighty, it'shis core desire. To take the feelings that all of the musics they can touch, amplify them, and give them to another. To pass on his rare moments of unimpeded rapture to another? That's what it's all about.

Mission accomplished.

One day, he will lead humanity into clutching the Supernal the same way. Show them how to seize it for themselves. How to deserve it.

One Nation.

"I'd love to sing with you," he says, lifting the guitar from his shoulder, and placing a headset on the stool. The guitar goes to a stand nearby, and he picks up the water bottle again as he closes the distance to the tiny redhead. "You sound like you've got the pipes for it. Trained?"

When they get close, he gestures back toward the control room.
    "Gotta stop recording."

Addressing the notion of being tired, he shrugs a bit with one shoulder.
    "Wired, really. I'm sure it will hit me eventually.

"Not sure what album this one's going to make it to. I've always got a working catalog of things to pull from at any given time. Just whatever I think I can bring together into one... message, you know? But I do hope to put out something new before next year. We'll see how it goes."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Music. Singing. Those are nice, safe topics...

"I still train by myself, yeah. High school rebellion, punk rock experimentation, y'know." The redhead smiled as she makes it into the control room, food still in her hand. "Never worked, I moved musically on to jazz and musicals and stuff that's more, y'know, artsy. And to just listening. The Journey changed a few things too. Music didn't feel enough to show what I wanted to say." She bantered as Ixidor takes care of controls, putting food in the most comfy chair, but herself, she just walked around, touching the controls delicately.

...They are nice and safe until you discuss them with a mage. Particularly a Silver Ladder mage. Particularly, a Silver Ladder Deacon who also happens to be a rock star.

When the Deacon started speaking of what he wanted to do with his music, something broke in the petite woman. She bit her lower lip and clenched her hands nervously into fists.

"May I... help you anyhow?" A deep breath. "I don't know if my voice suits your music, but maybe I should try send the message to them again, too. Maybe I should start try all the possibilities." Another deep, audible, a bit trembling breath. "Sometimes, I so much want to scream, 'Wake up, don't fear, raise your head high'. I want them to touch the Divine and I want them to build the Nation, but I know just making them do it won't stand. If my works could inspire, encourage them..." A short sigh. "If only we could inspire Blood to become the Star."

This wasn't going smooth. Fuck it, Faith, just say it.

"May I create this message together with you?"

Sex was a no, but there are more ways of sacred creation than copulating.

Intellectual orgasms? Yay.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

There is a blink, as the rocker is about to casually mention the food Faith brought for them. But, sensing that there's something she's wrestling with internally, he lets her finish. He's not concerned with how gracefully the words are given, but that they are given in earnest.

A smile spreads on his face, much different than the lazy Cheshire Cat expression he normally wears.

"You understand."

Ixidor states it as an observation. As though, in relief.

He reaches out, to touch her her elbow, dragging forward until her hand slips into his and he can give it an encouraging squeeze.
    "I should have known, that you'd understand.

"Don't let go of that hunger; that fire. That Thunder.

"By all means, scream. Pour out your all, tap your font, fill up, and pour out again. That's what we do as Theurgists as much as we do as Thιarchs. Those of us that overlap, like you and I, it's doubly so. We're destined to inspire with passion."

Sobering. And exciting, at the same time. What? He's down with it.

"Let's create a message that can't be ignored. I'll be proud to create it with you."

Rather than dilute the words with technical talk, Ix gives Faith another moment to respond. Content, for now, with the weight of the moment.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

8. Likes Sirith liked this post
Closed Thread