Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Initial Charge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    T

Striker frowned. He hadn't felt the difference. Asp had performed another impressive hit, she didn't have anything more she needed to prove. Magni had shown that his first run was just bad luck after he'd hit the bag as hard as the sumo had originally. But both Striker's hits were barely more than a shove making him wonder if his missing arm was throwing him off.

He didn't hesitate at the chance of a match and the opportunity to try again and stepped forward at the offer. "Yeah mate. That's why we're here ay."

Katsuro Tomori

Magni was all for a match, but didn't speak quickly enough. He cleared out of the way and took the bag with him, pulling it over his shoulder with ease. No point in having a strong back if you weren't going to use it, and this was nothing compared to some of the boxes of ore he got in back home...

After squaring away the bag, he picked a spot to lean against on the wall and watched the two square off.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

A
    Asp

Asp grinned, stepping back to allow Striker to go first. "Go for it, man. I'll tag in next."

This would be interesting to watch, for sure. She remained present and attentive as the two prepared to square off.

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi nodded as Striker took up the challenge and as the sumo waited on the edge of the ring, he realised his mistake, and why he was not a stable master. His face showed his annoyance with himself.

"I will watch. Observe. Someone else will face Striker."

Jonokuchi could not really act as a good teacher from inside the ring, right?

T

Striker looked around as neither of the other two there to learn made a move. Am I up against Jono then? Man, he'll drop me like a sack of potatoes. Striker thought to himself. A look of un-surety crossed his face as he recalled the boxing bag, larger and heavier than he was, giving way easily before the might of the massive man just a minute ago.

Still I can dodge and fight back. He mused, wondering if he wouldn't be alright after all. He was used to easily getting under the guard of bigger guys, though he usually didn't bother trying to grapple them.

Then Jonokuchi confirmed what he'd originally thought. He'd face off against Asp or Magni and the sumo would tell them what they we're doing wrong. He moved into the circle, looking around briefly to familiarise himself with the dimensions.

"And what do we do? Try an push each other outta the ring?" he asked the sumo, not sure if he was supposed to pin his opponent or just throw them out of the circle. He was fairly sure it wasn't a knockout sport but he wanted to clarify.

Katsuro Tomori

As Jono bows out, Magni steps up.

He gives a nod to Striker, and waited to hear the rules for this kind of thing. He was used to a fight, but this wasn't a fight, it was a sport. Sports had rules...he'd learn the techniques sure, but the rules went out the window in the really real world. This however, was just practice.

"Point system or some such?" he tagged onto the end of Strikers question.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

A
    Asp

As the two newer Talons made their way into the ring, Asp circled about to stand next to the big guy. She crossed her arms gently, like she would if she was watching a martial arts class. She looked up at Jonokuchi, then back at the wrestlers, a contemplative look on her face.

She was interested to observe what this newest fella could do. She'd seen plenty of Striker at the Field Day.

Jonokuchi

PRE

"The first to touch the floor with anything other than their feet, loses. You step from the ring, you lose. No punching or kicking. Grappling or pushing. Pulling is also allowed. You both start at the white lines. We will begin in the squat and you will begin when I give the word. Remember, explode through your opponent. Force meets force, no trying to avoid."

Pausing as Magni and Striker get themselves settled, Jonokuchi watches, allowing this moment to simply be. Breathe.

"GO!" he bellows, indicating the start of the match.

Rules

Katsuro Tomori

10 Init
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-22 18:50:15 Magni rolls 1 die for initiative 4

T

initiative 9:2+Dex+Com+Fast Reflexes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-23 02:49:39 Striker rolls 1 die for initiative 2

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread