Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Initial Charge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Katsuro Tomori

Magni takes his stance, and waits assuming Striker will do the same. His mind focused out of range. Thinking in range of an attack is, after all what kills a man. Or in this case loses the match.

When the Sumo called the match to start Magni rushes forward and attempts to crash into striker and get him grappled first. If he could establish control he could get him on the ground, which is the point right?

1 suxx to achieve grapple
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-23 15:12:27 Magni rolls 5 to Grappling Hold (Str+Brawl) (10 Again) 3, 8, 7, 7, 3 1 success

The blacksmith aimed for the guys arm, trying to snake his around it to keep it locked outward, an easy fulcrum. With that hand busy attempted to wrap the other arm around his torso, leaving his hips turned to help defend against the almighty groin kick that he was sure could follow.

Was it low to aim for the obvious weakness? Wisdom didn't think so, according to the Icelanders reasoning. Train like you fight, the enemy isn't going to play nice.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

T

Striker was ready and knew he'd get the jump on the Viking. These guys are strong but slow, and if you... Bloody hell he's on me!

As Magni moved around to lock his arm, Striker wasn't too worried. Just a small step behind his ankle to put him off balance. "Urh" Striker grunted as he lifted his foot off the floor then put it back in the exact same location.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-23 15:34:03 Striker rolls 7 to Break free and take him down (10 Again) 1, 7, 6, 5, 1, 6, 6 failure

Damn. That did nothing. He cursed his luck as the Icelander controlled his torso.

Katsuro Tomori

Magni puts his all into the next move, he pulls strikers arm back quickly while simultaneously dropping his center of gravity, attempting to off-balance his opponent. This is quickly followed up by his leg stepping around, an easy move from his earlier hip positioning sweeping his feet out from under him.

0 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-24 14:53:54 Magni rolls 7 to Sweep the Leg! (Str+Brwl+AoA) (10 Again) 6, 3, 5, 3, 3, 4, 1 failure

Or at least, that was the idea. Striker tried to move though, similar attack to balance at the same time. Still though, at least they were still standing. He dug his beard into his opponents eyes as he nestled down hoping to not be the one to go down first.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

T

From what I know All out Attack can't be use in a grapple. I thinks its because you don't have any defence to sacrifice.

Striker recognised what Magni was attempting and moved with him, in was hard with his arm tied up, but he used Magni hold on him for him. Dropping even lower than his opponent and putting all his weight onto one leg, the other one slightly out to the side for balance. He was supporting two people's weight now, he knew he'd done those squats for a reason.

With a powerful effort he twisted his torso, using the Icelander's grip on his arm and managing to grabbing the guys mawashi for extra measure. His opponent toppled over him and onto the mat.
      4 suxx Overpower subtract Strength from the right (I went ahead and assumed it wasn't 8) :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-24 15:14:29 Striker rolls 10 to Break free and take him down this time for sure (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 5, 8, 2, 6, 9, 9, 9, 7, 5 4 successes
    Striker shifted his own weight as he felt the Icelander's bulk fall off him. He quickly shifted his foot to stabilise himself, then stood up a pleased grin on his face.
      2 suxx Stay on his feet
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-24 15:18:58 Striker rolls 5 to Stay on his feet (10 Again) 1, 10, 3, 6, 6, 9 2 successes

He looked down at his opponent and offered him a smile and his hand.

"Good match mate. You're quicker'n I though cha would be." He said to Magni.

Katsuro Tomori

In the RAW you have to break the grapple as an instant action. You wouldn't be able to break and then attack, I believe. Is there a house rule I'm unaware of? (totally possible. Just wanting to clarify) Casitive Cross

RAW NWoD Core p.157

Katsuro Tomori

Edit, nevermind. I derp'd. Am tired and read something wrong. Appologies. Will reply tomorrow. z_Z

C
    Cross

He used an Overpowering Maneuver to make it so your PC touched the mat with something other than the bottom of his feet. Down ya go

T

OOC

9. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Yeah, I realized. I originally in my super tired state read it as him breaking the grapple and then throwing me in two seperate actions. That's what I get for trying to reply to things at midnight on like 4 hours of sleep.

Aaaand Magni was down.

It seemed Striker had more power in his legs. Made sense though and Magni gave a roaring laugh as he went down, clearly enjoying himself.

"Ja, good match!" he said taking the offered hand. "This is what I get for focusing on my Smithing more than my hand to hand." he grinned as he got back on his feet. The Viking looked to Jono for further instruction, not sure if it's a two-out-of-three type deal, or just waiting for general critiques on his form.

T

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread