Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hitting Things Softly

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Yes! The weekend had finally come! Or her weekend, anyway. Being the FNG she got stuck with all the accounts that demanded graveyard hours and work on the actual weekend so she was currently playing that enchanting game of trying to juggle all of her obligations and whims around a schedule that no one else shared. On the upside, she now had enough furniture to move out of the Circle, and enough money to help pitch in on the cabal food budget, so she was now officially living in the Fourth Wall. There was always a benefit if you looked hard enough, and Avis tried to remind herself that as she came yawning out of her room around 2:30 in the afternoon. She needed a shower and her toothbrush but her stomach felt like it was imploding and her mouth was dry so breakfast won out.

Another loud yawn spilled from her, barely muffled by her hand as she shuffled into the kitchen and got a glass from the cupboard, filled it with water, and grabbed a pudding from the fridge. Yes, pudding for breakfast. Best way to start the weekend. She dug in, oblivious to everything but opening that stupid plastic top that was glued on with the most powerful adhesive known to man. If only she had matter. Or maybe a way to teleport the pudding out of the container...

Nah, that was silly.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp whistled as she exited her bedroom in the projector room of her own personal movie theater. The fact that she could even think that was basically a badass dream come true. She was actually wearing jeans and a bit of a medium-cut red v-neck t-shirt. There were no yoga pants that day.

She rolled into the kitchen, because she was hankering for a Vanilla Coke. She didn't usually do that, but hey. Today was a good day for it. She'd work it off later in the dojo.

"'Sup, buddy?" the Obrimos asked pleasantly as she rolled in after having heard Avis yawn. She'd been up since six that morning. "How you doing?"

2 Potency Shield/2 Potency Sight after two bad attempts. -2 Mana, -1 Ambient for cloak attempts that morning... so bad.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-02 12:51:43 Asp rolls 4 to AGAIN!!!!! (-2) (10 Again) 3, 2, 8, 10, 10, 10, 2 4 successes
    2014-07-02 12:51:35 Asp rolls 5 to AGAIN (10 Again) 3, 7, 3, 6, 10, 1 1 success
    2014-07-02 12:51:27 Asp rolls 6 to Life Armor/Prime Sight (HS, -2 for 24hr, -2 for combined) (10 Again) 4, 5, 4, 10, 6, 4, 4 1 success

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis looked up from her battle with the pudding lid, peering at Asp around strands of oily pre-shower hair.

"Um. Pretty good. Just, uh, getting breakfast. Maybe gonna ritual later. You?"

Sensing Asp's eyes on the fridge, the warlock scooted out of the way, moving a few feet down the counter so she could lean in peace and resume the quest for chocolatey sugar-stuff.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp smiled her silent thanks to Avis and made her way into the refrigerator, pulling a VC out of the case. Pop went the top. Slurrrrrp.

Thank God and the Coca-Cola Company for this moment of tasty goodness.

"I'm suuuper bored," the Arrow admitted. "I've exercised for like, four hours already today 'cause of morning classes, and I haven't had a chance to set up wrestling lessons yet with Jonokuchi. You want to do something? Go out, maybe?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis pulled a face, the kind of face that said "ehhhhh", and then shrugged.

"Ok. Sure. Sitting in the lotus position for several hours isn't really what I want to do, anyway. I mean, if we go out and get attacked, I'll wish I'd done the ritual, but whatever. I probably should see the sun. And other people. I almost started talking to you cat, yesterday, which is fucking depressing."

Aha! Finally the pudding lid yeiled. A spoonful of brown stuff was shoveled into her mouth and she chewed contentedly for several seconds.

"Where do you want to go?" she asked, eating another spoonful.

A
    Asp

"What spell you thinking of doing up?" she said idly. Asp totally had been thinking about it for a bit. It would save a lot of Mana. "You want to ritualize later under the Hallow, I'm down. But for now, while it's nice out? You wanna play some... mini-golf?" She sipped her vanilla Coke.

The snakey was totally just throwing it out there. Mini-golf was way too much fun for what it was.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Well, now that the field day is over, and now that we have a hollow, I wanted to put up some month long shielding. Mental and physical. Easier to do in a ritual, ya know?" Avis shrugged and spooned more pudding into her stomach. At this rate she was starting to debate having another.

"I need to hit the dojo, too, but I'll probably do that after the ritual, cause that's a lot of sitting. So, uh, sure. That sounds good. I haven't gone mini-golfing in, like," she trailed off. It had been years. More than a decade, probably. She couldn't remember. In her mind it seemed like a kiddie thing to do, but maybe not. She didn't have any better ideas.

"Um. You know where a, uh, place is?"

A
    Asp

"I should probably do the same. Supernal Vision and Organic Resilience in combination would do nicely," she mused, thinking about how much Mana she could save if she did. Ritual casting might take some doing, but with the right preparation, it could be incredibly efficient. As the discussion returned to mini-putt, Asp grinned. "You bet I do. We can hit up Scandia. It looks pretty fun. People are gonna laugh at us, but meh. I enjoy it."

Asp didn't give much of a fuck what random people thought about her pastimes.

"I mean, we could do actual golf if you want?" She shrugged. It was nice to give Avis the option.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"What's Scandia? And I don't really like getting laughed at," especially not when I have a big piece of metal in my hands. She omitted the last part, obviously. She wouldn't actually do anything, but it wasn't pleasant to feel the temptation, either. She always had nightmares afterward, even if nothing happened.

"I've never done actual golf. Is it hard or is it just whacking a little ball?" The pudding cup was finally empty. She tossed it into the garbage and went to the fridge to get another. Fuck it. She could eat something substantial later.

A
    Asp

"It's an amusement park kind of place with a mini golf course," she said with a little shrug. "And nobody's actually gonna laugh at us. There's plenty of people who play mini golf. It's super fun." Asp sipped again at her drink, gesturing with the can as she explained golf. "Golf's sort of a sport that takes some learning. It's whacking a ball, but there's technique and whatnot to it. You want to learn? I'm not great at it, but I could show you the basics."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread