Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(TKTM) People Act Bigger Online

Jun 11, 2014 : (TKTM) You Never Know Who People Are Online
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

No spells up? That was handy. A casting of her own went up just then as she diverted her gaze from the woman.

"I suppose so," Mandy finally mused as she looked to Auto a moment, before looking back to the woman. "I hope he won't be too annoyed, I just moved in not that long ago... It's nice to know there's an officer in the building. Makes things feel a lot safer," she smiled a little bit, "especially after someone said some weird thing about some guy throwing electricity around," she chuckled weakly at that, shaking her head. "You always hear the weirdest stories about places just after you move in, huh?

"I guess you've probably had lots of time to quell a silly story like that, huh?"

5sux Passion Link - to link "Excitement" to the subject of the man who threw electricity outside.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-02 01:26:44 Ozymandias rolls 11 to Passion Link (Excitement re: Throwing Electricity) (Com+Sub+Mind+Rote Spec) (10 Again) 1, 2, 5, 5, 3, 8, 10, 7, 3, 10, 9, 8, 3 5 successes

2. Likes Snarlequin liked this post

Autolycus

Auto continued to look politely concerned, thank god Mandy had stopped crying. There was a lot of things Auto could do to further stack the deck, but the problem was that they were all things that the mark would notice one way or another. It wouldn't help Mandy's case if he did something that spooked Leah somehow. Instead of casting anything, Auto held the Imago of his hex in his mind, keeping his imagination limber in case he needed to drop the feeling of being drunk on their mark.

C
    Cross

Ozymandias's spell worked insidiously into Leah Penderson's head, overcoming the police officer's staunch will. She was a strong woman, no doubt - mentally with it and totally composed, but she lacked that Awakened spark that helped overcome Supernal magic. Mandy knew that her spell was so close to the line of Improbable. It had to be. There was no way this police officer was excited about the unnatural, impossible horror she had witnessed.

Part of Leah Penderson knew it, too. But it didn't stop her from starting to ramble. Loudly.

"Oh my god, you have no idea how scary that was! I didn't even know what I was seeing -- wait, we shouldn't talk about this out here. Do you want to come in?" Her question had dropped in volume to a conspiratorial level. She was definitely excited to have heard the mention.

Could I have a Perception (Wits+Composure) from each of you, please?

Autolycus

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-02 02:05:35 Autolycus rolls 6 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 9, 7, 9, 2, 4, 5 2 successes

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

3sux on Perception! Woo!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-02 02:08:34 Ozymandias rolls 6 to Perception Check! (10 Again) 8, 5, 10, 5, 6, 10, 5, 6 3 successes

C
    Cross

Both Mages could hear a closet door quietly closing somewhere deep in the apartment.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Huh? Oh... of course... sure. It's not like I can get into my place anyway?" she responded, trying to keep the look of victory from her face. She gave a look to Auto. "James?" she inquired, suggestively, shrugging lightly before making her way in.

Autolycus

"Yeah, no, I've got time," said 'James'.

James lowers his voice to match Leah's. "I... I've heard a lot of weird stuff about that, but I didn't see what went down. What happened?"

C
    Cross

Leah closed the door behind them, locking it idly and sliding the chain back into place. Security, right?

She led them into the living room down the hallway. The little apartment was a tidy affair, the occasional picture neatly lined up along the wall and a child's crayon drawing of an elephant featured prominently on the far wall beside a closet. There was a couch and an armchair around a coffee table, with a television opposite. Centered on the table was a magazine. Popular Mechanics for Kids. There was a kitchen, too, one of those ones with a wall cutout so it could look out into the living room. It had a couple of dishes out, as if dinner was in the process of being prepared.

"Well, uhh... I shouldn't be talking about it. It would really screw me at work if anybody found out, but... can you guys keep a secret?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Sure?" she inquired, though at base she was pleased that this was working as well as it did. "Did something happen other than what they reported?" she asked, looking curious, though her brows were furrowed a little, too. "Cross my heart," Mandy stated, making the mark across her chest pointedly, though she gave a curious look to the crayon drawing and smiled a little.

An officer with a child, what seemed to be a roommate - possibly boyfriend? - who didn't seem so keen on this conversation happening. The woman pointedly had things to hide on the subject. This shouldn't really be that hard to quiet down, after all. Just a couple of the right nudges might be enough to close this up. Trying to figure out who the assailant was, however, might continue to be difficult.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.