Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Private: Recruitment Drive

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren had been hoping to get a presidential suite for this meeting, but while the hotel manager was more then willing to accommodate a representative of the absentee owner of the Bismark they could not accommodate losing revenue on the suite. Instead she had been shown into a pleasant but nondescript board room. The chairs are comfy at least, and i’m glad i brought my own food and flowers.

She had a little bit of time she knew before the others got here, she had invited Ixidor Faith and Umbrey of course, but was given no real expectation of whether or not the others would make it. So she set up the flowers, a lovely assortment of sunflowers and lilies, in the center of the conference table and busied herself with arranging food, mostly sweets, on the table’s far edge.

She had also brought coffee and tea form a local coffee-shop to make the presentation complete.

I really need to invest some time and money here, especially if we’re going to be holding meetings more regularly.

She picked up an eclair form the package she brought and sat down to wait for Ermon and the others.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

It takes a little walking around for Ixidor to find this particular room, and upon entering it, he looks up from his phone and wrinkles his nose. Not impressed.

The expression on his face lightens at the flowers though, to something more akin to amusement, and then fully to a greeting smile when his eyes track to Seren.

"You know, this place has a way nicer conference room. We've used it before. There's also a cool little white lounge around somewhere, that I found once. I think they're pretty much used to me exploring and taking over wherever the hell I landed. Or at least, they used to be."

He was for realz like the old alley tomcat that they couldn't keep out, so everyone just tolerates.

A tattooed hand, with black fingernails, gesture at the arrangement.
    "Cute flowers, though."

He's dressed light, for today. Less jewelry than usual. Just a t-shirt, some jeans, Chuck Taylors, and a cool belt buckle. Because you know, California is fucking hot. Among the assortment of silver and leather that does adorn his wrist and fingers, is a curious rosary wrapped around one forearm, crucifix hanging just behind his palm.

Ixi ain't really religious. Not about sleeper stuff. Hell, Exarch stuff, this might even be. No way to really know for sure. But as a Theurgist, he has some affinity for both divine and deathly iconography.

The rocker immediately begins to prowl through the treats.

"Any of these Boston Cream?" He asks without looking up.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Interviews were never a problem as long as you could afford proper preparation. If the Ladders were a bunch of stuck-up ice-cold men in suits, preparing would have been easy. The weren't. If anything, they were weird. Ixidor, Seren, Faith, Umbrey, Azure? They all seemed different from each other but none of them were particularly walked funny from having something large up their ass.

So Ermon figured that he'd focus on learning more about the Lex. After all, it was their job to teach him about the Vox Draconis. And his job to have some skills they'd find helpful.

Anyway, it all sounded nice and dandy right up to the point where he tried to do it. Ermon had to study. Like really cram that shit down, bringing his mediocre high-school knowledge of social science to a more (if not very impressive) level. In the process he'd found that they had, like, nothing real on Lex as far as literature went. Sure, Ixidor could help some but eventually procuring books and cataloguing stuff was what he had to do.

By the end of his preparations, the Warlock felt spent so he took a few days off at his job and relaxed. Really relaxed.

Be smooth.

He arrives at the Bismark in semi-formal clothes: a tucked-out light-grey shirt and dark-blue trousers. Now way in hell he's going to wear a suit in this heat.

For once he eschews blatant food bribery to allow Ix and company to host the evening. He'll let them taste his cooking later, bringing it now may be a tad bit rude.

The room that he eventually finds isn't overly impressive: they have much better stuff at their Sanctum. Still, Seren and Ixidor are there, so accommodations don't really matter.

"Hi, I hope I'm not late. Do you guys rent or own?" - he looks around, - "Great building".

It is a great building. But this particular place isn't what he'd expect of the Leaders of the Awakened Nation. Or maybe that's a part of the test? Ah, to hell with it, he didn't come here to obsess.

Mind Armor and Space Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-25 10:26:27 Ermon rolls 4 to cast Spacial Awareness (Gno + Space + HS -2 24 hour duration) (10 Again) 9, 9, 4, 5 2 successes
    2014-06-25 10:23:44 Ermon rolls 5 to Third Eye (Gno + Mind + HS - 2 24 hour duration) (10 Again) 3, 1, 2, 7, 6 failure
    2014-06-25 10:23:20 Ermon rolls 7 to cast Misperception (Gno + Mind + HS + ambient Mana for 24h duration) (10 Again) 8, 6, 7, 3, 7, 2, 1 1 success
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Silver Ladder Status: 1

Sacramento's heat was a test of the Professional. Especially, when the professional has to meet with funders, look put together, while trying not to die from the Summer (let's face it, it's Summer) heat. Though Aquinas' suit was a summer-weight chino in a pale stone color, he found himself thanking the Oracles for whichever Free Councilor created Air Conditioning. The blazer was draped over his arm, his left hand held a water bottle, and Aquinas looked ready to roll up the sleeves of his plaid shirt.

Seren, I see you brought the sun in,” Aquinas greets her first while referencing her sunflowers, “Deacon,” Ixidor second.

Aquinas then moved to Ermon, offering a handshake with his right hand, “Welcome.”

R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren looked up from her tablet that she had be making notes on when her Deacon came in.

"Well, they were nice, but not willing to let me just take whatever I wanted. Guess we’ve left them alone for too long, a problem I intend to fix, I had wanted a Presidential suite for this meeting, but I’ll take what I can get. " She gives Ixi an appreciative once over, he was obviously trying to look attractive, it would be rude not to notice.

" You’re looking good today, should I call you sir? Or is that only when we’re alone? I don’t have any Boston Cream, though the éclairs are Bavarian Cream filled, I also pick up some honey-ginger cupcakes since I know how you crave the ginger." Seren nodded at one of the cupcakes it had a light orange frosting with a crystalized piece of ginger sticking out of the frosting.

As Ermon entered Seren’s face lit up, he was the reason she was here after all. "We apparently own the building but need to remind the staff who’s in charge. " She gave Ermon a once over similar to Ixidor’s though for him she put on a playful frown.

"Awww, and here I was hoping I’d get to taste your artisanal sausage today. Please help you’re self to some of the sweets, or a cup of coffee or tea. We don’t bite."

Seren smiled brightly at Aquinas when he came in a complemented the flowers. “I just love sunflowers, and its always best to meet under the sun, though the A/C in here is quite agreeable. "

She finally stood, showing her to be in a dark blue, almost black suit, the jacket was tailored to hug her form. She wasn’t wearing a blouse under the jacket but that was the only risqué thing to the outfit today. She bent across the table to shake Aquinas’s hand and then Ermon’s before reclaiming her seat.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Supernal Vision cast at home, Potency 3, -1 Mana for cloaking
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-26 08:55:59 Faith rolls 9 to Supernal Vision Rote Wits+Occ+Prime+HS (10 Again) 10, 5, 4, 6, 7, 1, 4, 10, 2, 5, 10, 4 3 successes

Faith parked her blue Beetle neat the hotel in a hurry and checked her hair and light make-up in the last second before taking her bag, getting out and heading to the meeting. Fucking traffic. Fucking repairs at the highway. Fucking. Rebels. Trying. To. Take. The. Steer. Talk about the gall.

Like hell Faith would miss a meeting to question Ermon. The guy deserved all the attention from the whole caucus he needed (And he's cute in some wicked way, some part of her brain added. Shut up.) If he was willing to learn, he deserved all the knowledge and views to learn from.

He deserved to be free of the Lie.

Wearing the same set as the last time and armed with a box of ginger cookies, the redhead entered the conference room. "Hello, I hope nothing has started yet?," she asked, shooting smiles to all preset, but Ixidor and Ermon got the widest, while Aquinas got himself a nod of respect to that. Still, her head is held high and eyes shine with self-assurance.

She might not be tall or strong, but she's totally feeling like a person who's great and empowered.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon stays quiet for the most part as the others come in. As much as they evaluate him, he evaluates them. There's, of course, Seren. The uber-forward proactive sex-referencing girl who plays chess not half-bad. Aquinas is a sort of an unknown. Challenging the Hierarch? What's up with that? Maybe he's some sort of Ladder celebrity. Faith? All helpfulness and business but she looks exactly like the 'nice ones' you're supposed to beware.

He greets them, he shakes hands. Only Seren gets something more than a few meaningless polite words:

"Sausage? I figured using magic on you all would be forbidden. And my food is magic, just ask Ixidor here".

When everyone settles down he sits himself at the conference table opposite the Ladders, feeling very much like in front of a disciplinary panel back in high-school. Boy, did he lie his ass off to get that shit over with...

"So... I actually have no idea how's this supposed to work. Is it like a job interview, where I tell you what I can do and we talk about what we expect from each otherand all that? Or is it more like a ritual?"

R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren grinned as Ermon took his seat, he made for a good flirt, always good when exploring the sacred sexual. He looks like the kid caught smoking in the bathroom. Its kina cute.

"Well is a job interview not a ritual in its own right? We’re going to ask you some questions, some are about magic, some about the Lex , some about your hobbies and favorite colors. All have a purpose, and all will be important.” She smiled after she finished her opening speech and pulled her tablet closer. She picked up a stylus prepared to jot down notes

"Unless my colleagues have any objections, let’s get started shall we? The First question I have is the most obvious. Why makes you want to join the Silver Ladder? "

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

This one was easy. It's what everyone practiced before the interview.

"Sacramento's Concillium is a mess and I'd like to help make it functional but I've found that as an Apostate my voice is basically on mute. I figure joining the Ladder can make it more clear".

He watches the other Mages with a small smile, waiting for more interesting questions.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Somewhere in the middle of all the talking, the Deacon has stuffed an éclair in his mouth, snake both a cupcake from Seren's box and a cookie from Faith, and choke with laughter at the crack about only calling him Sir in private.

This ginger thing is gonna become a running gag, he supposes.

A mouthful of pastry is carefully swallowed with the aid of some coffee.
    "Just Deacon or Ixidor is cool, here. I'm not that anal about it."

And speaking of anal, had Aquinas and Ermon not arrived so promptly, that 'Sir when we're alone' crack would have gotten some extra attention. But! There is a time and a place for everything. And Even Adrian Isaacs is capable of getting serious when matters of the Vox are concerned.

"'Sup everyone," he adds belatedly, now that his mouth isn't full. He gestures for Seren to continue as she sees fit, for now. But he is observing closely. Both to measure her, as well as to measure his Cabal mate. "And yeah, Ermon's cooking is very much magic. It's my secret weapon."

And the bane of his gym routine. He really needs to further the ol' Life Arcanum, yo.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

11. Likes Kelreth, Sirith liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.