Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Returning Home

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Well...this was all kinds of awkward.

Really, there was no other word more appropriate. Rick hadn't rescued Terri? He was going to need to do a lot of explaining and making up to her then. Though so would Terri regarding what became of her and if she knew of the other missing from the Four Seasons. The raccoon was unsure of what to do. This was something very personal to say the least and maybe she shouldn't be here? Or should she be here to show her support? And who should she support? Or should she be asking Terri where she'd been?

The situation was distressing but also most depressing. The sorrow in both their tones was not horrid thing for the raccoon to hear. She was looking back and forth between them, fidgeting. Until Marcus sent her a look.

1Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-11 23:14:54 Morgan Bellanar rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 7, 10, 3, 2, 2, 6 1 success

The metal man's message was clear: this should be private. The only times they don't want privacy is when they say so and neither Rick nor Terri had said.

So she followed Marcus inside. She sent him a shocked look when he made to eavesdrop upon the conversation outside. It hardly seemed appropriate. If things came to blows they'd hear or probably feel the Glamour being spent. Morgan siddled over to Marcus's side before leaning in towards the Elemental, whispering, "Um, not good on relation-people things, but-but, shouldn't let them talks in private? Dropped eaves seem wrong. T-the only other thing I can think is giving hugs b-but think that will only help-best if they hug-each-other."

Morgan got a thoughtful look on her face the chuckled, "Plus side, don't have to talk-pizza-bribe Sprights for leads since one mighta-once seen Terri but-she-back-already, heh-heh."

2. Likes West liked this post
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Anger. It wasn't her usual emotion of choice but over the years, she had made some very good friends within the Summer Court, one in particular was heading back inside, ensuring that Morgan went to.

When she and Rick were as alone as they were going to be given the circumstances, Terri turned her gaze back onto her estranged husband.

"You're sorry?" she whispered, mainly to herself.

"YOU'RE SORRY!" the petite Beast finally screamed, her Mantle flaring around her. "OH, WELL, THAT MAKES EVERYTHING ALRIGHT THEN!" Tears were now burning her face, her eyes red and blotchy. "WHOOPY-FUCKING-DO."

And it had been years since she had cursed out loud, the fiery redhead aspect of her demeanour having been reined in through love, the necessity of stature and the professionalism of a business woman.

Now, it was coming back.

"You fucking left. Without a fucking word, Rick. You left me in fucking turmoil, confused and hurt, broken. And then I felt our bond snap, and I knew, right then, something bad had fucking happened." As she spoke, Terri strode towards the Elemental, her size nothing compared to the emotions now flowing from her very being. "Rumour said you were fucking dead and I mourned you, and tried to carry on. Where the fuck have you been, Rick?" she asked, the venom coating his name readily apparent.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

There was a basic instinct hardwired into everyone for situations such as this. Times where a person was subjected to such a furious storm of rage. An urge to shout back, to deflect the person, to retreat in the face of it, or any number of other things in order to be anywhere but the receiving end of such fury.

Rick resorted to none of them.

As much as it tore at him to experience it from her of all people, to hear the sheer venom that she spat his name with, he just bore the full brunt of it. It was hardly as though he didn't deserve it, after all. And he refused to hide from his mistakes, or their consequences. So he weathered the storm, his own mantle swirling tightly around him as if to shield him from her raging one.

He couldn't help but note her phrasing, though, "tried to carry on." Did that mean she hadn't moved on from him? Should he be feeling even more guilty for entertaining that thought?

There's a pause of a second or two after she asks her question, to make sure it wasn't a rhetorical one and that her rant truly had been paused to await his response. Because he'd learned long ago that one did not, under any circumstance, really want to interrupt a woman when she had a head of steam going like that. And in any event, the second or two allowed him to gather some semblance of his wits back about him. "Through more distant corners of the world and lost paths through the thorns than I ever cared to visit. With her and her damn hounds nipping at my heels every step of the way."

He didn't specify who exactly he meant when he said "her." But then, he hardly had to. The tone of his voice when he practically spat the word was one that even Terri had only heard from him a few times. A mixture of revulsion, fear, and anger that made even the tone she'd used when saying his name seem almost pleasant.

A tone that came all but subconsciously to him, whenever he referenced The Lady of the Wild War.

"And I'm..." there's a noticeable pause there, a marked hesitation, and a discomfort even greater than what he already felt (which was saying something). This particular aspect of his time away wasn't one he even liked to dwell upon, much less mention. But if there was anyone who deserved to know the complete story of what all had happened, she was standing in front of him, "not sure that those rumors were entirely false."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

That gave her pause, allowing Terri to rein in her emotions, the building wrath of aimed Contracts fading back to where they belonged. Whatever had happened to cause the Heartsworn Oath to suddenly disappear between them both had to have been quite severe, something that went beyond the mere physical form.

The Beast gave a heavy, weary sigh, as she ran her hands through her hair, getting a grip on the situation. Glancing over her shoulder, it would seem that whatever reason she came here for was now firmly at the back of her mind, and giving another sigh, Terri looked back at Rick.

"I can't deal with this now," she finally said, some of the steel in her voice remaining. "There's a gathering coming up. After that, we'll talk. But not now, Rick" she said, giving another shake of her head. Giving Rick one last look, almost making sure he wasn't some figment of her fragile mind, she turned to leave. However, before departing, she paused. "Say sorry to Marcus for me."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

L

"Terri..." A hint of something else leaks into his tone as he speaks the name. Worry, perhaps, or concern? He's probably not even quite sure himself. His own mind is still a-whirl, still racing, still trying to process this all. The relief and excitement at seeing her alive and well. The hurt at hearing her tear into him, no matter how much it was deserved.

"I...okay, okay, I understand. But...I'm sure you came here for a reason. I don't want, I didn't mean to get in the way of that."

Description

PRE

A shake of the head as the words are said. "It doesn't matter anymore, not after, well, this," Terri replied, obviously indicating the fact her departed husband wasn't nearly as departed as first thought.

Still, despite the shock of the situation, one thing was clear; hope was strong.

Beginning to walk away, she looked around to make sure they were alone before walking behind a tree. A little red squirrel emerged and bounded away, not even glancing backwards.

Squirreling Out
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 01:25:49 Terri Nutkins rolls 8 to MAN + Wyrd (10 Again) 7, 2, 3, 5, 10, 4, 7, 6, 9 2 successes

Terri exits

L

Rick didn't really know what else to say, at that point. No response came to mind as he sat there and watched her go. It was the first time in...years that he'd found himself at a loss about what to say to her. Having it happen now was jarring, to say the least. And certainly not something he was fond of.

Elemental issues or not, he wasn't supposed to feel awkward around her.

He watched the squirrel scamper away. Noting idly that she'd advanced her contracts in his absence. Though, he supposed, that was hardly a surprise. Heaving a sigh of his own, the Airtouched turned around and slipped into the Boarding House. His eyes darted from side to side as he did so, wondering just where Marcus and Morgan had gone.

Or if the screaming had attracted any other attention.

There has been no activity for over a week. Will close in 24 hours

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread