Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Asp and Ixidor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    A
    Asp

Okay. She couldn't say no to that face. Asp chilled as the gents went back and forth. Geist was way more excited than she was, and that was saying something. IXIDDDDORRRR! was a cool guy, but... Geist might as well have squee'd like a Japanese anime girl.

"Yup," she said in reply to Geist's question, smiling for a moment at Ixidor's comment about her purpose here. As she listened to the man's story about her Order, she raised an eyebrow instinctively. "I dunno. The Force is strong in some of us," she said with a playful shrug. "What happened in San Francisco?"

That had drawn her attention. That was important to know. San Francisco wasn't far away.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Aaaaaand the hottie is sticking around for a few more minutes. VICTORY.

"Huh, 'Geist-short-for-zeitgeist' the Moros, eh?" Ixidor nods, and his wild mane of black hair follows the motion just a millisecond behind. He gives Geist a laid-back point from the hip while glancing to Asp. "Pretty clever."

He only grins at the name Catbones. He admits to liking both of them better than Amplitude.

The rocker is about to question the fellow Mighty if her crack about Force was an Obrimos pun, but San Fran comes up. The Thιarch audibly groans.

"The Golden Consilium is a friggin' mess, is what it is. I've met some Mages there that I like well enough, but by and large they give us and the Guardians a worse rap than we've already got."

Speaking in a lower voice, he holds his hands out in front of him like he's about to mime juggling a few tennis balls, turned a little more towards Asp so that his voice carries to her more easily.
    "There's apparently a big hush-hush to do regarding the bridge. A built-in Ritual that requires blood sacrifice. Rumor has it that the Arrow there tried to undermine the support of this Ritual. Didn't let anyone else know what they were doing, and the Ladder and Guardians there nearly stomped them out for it.

"Awakened blood was spilled."
    The words have an obviously sour taste in Ixidor's mouth. Revulsion, bordering on outright hate. "Members of the Consilium killing each other.

"The Pentacle, slashing at itself."

Here and there he had looked up from Asp to Geist, both confirming his view of the events and looking for any look of familiarity in the Moros' eyes. Or revelation, if he didn't know as much about the situation as he thought he did. Ixidor isn't even dead sure of the facts himself. He and Telos had been there a handful of times over the last year. They'd felt like the visitors that you pull out the fine china for and make up stories about how well everyone is doing, while they don't want you to know they're hiding a boy under the stairs that goes to Hogwarts.

Again with the Potter reference, yeah. Who hasn't watched those movies, by now? Besides, sleeper perception of magic is adorable.

Ixidor pipes up again, suddenly. Trying not to drag anymore doom and gloom into the conversation.
    "Anyway! I thought everyone had heard the dark whispers around San Fran, by now? You've been West Coast long enough to have heard about it, haven't you?" He makes a slight gesture to the UNLV shirt just as the chill, prickly tingling hits his exposed arms and crawls up the base of his neck.

He spots Aquinas' arrival, noting that as the reason.

2 suxx; oops @ -1 instead of -2. Doesn't change the result
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-09 08:33:57 Ixidor rolls 3 to Unseen Senses: Perception -1 (10 Again) 10, 9, 5, 7 2 successes
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

3. Likes Matamune, Teeramus, TheMalkCat, Sirith liked this post

The Sewnskin Doctor

"Hey thanks, it took forever to come up with that."

The grin cracks even wider on the Moros' face at the morsel of a compliment from Ixidor. Asp also scores points for the shout-out. But when she asks about the Arrow in the Golden Consilium his expression shifts from "fangasmic" to "aw-crap-I-gotta-tell-her" in three seconds flat. Luckily, Ixidor takes the ball. Geist lets the Rocker break the worst kept secret of the Golden Consilium to the Arrow. Its about when Ixidor says "...they give us and the Guardians a worse rap..." that the Moros suffers some serious mental whip-lash.

Adrian Issacs is a Silver Ladder.

Ixidor is a Silver Ladder.

Confusion and dismay drains flush of excitement from his cheeks. The Moros had him absolutely pegged for Free Council. Geist's eyes widen and he gapes in shock. He's a Thearch. Adrian Issacs is a Silver Ladder. That's fucked. The words toll in his mind over and over again.

The Thearchs of San Francisco had been in bed with the Guardians for so long they had practically formed their own super-Order and it was hard to distinguish the two. They went hand in hand, the Veiled Whip and the Silver Rod of the San Francisco's Awakened elite. The image of suit and tie Powerbrokers and holier-than-thou Theurges does not sync up with the man standing right in front of Geist. But its true. Ixidor belongs to the group of Atlantean apologists who want the old Hegemony stifling the creative soul of humanity.

But as Ixidor goes on, Geist's inner Moros asserts itself. He's not going to fall to his knees and tear at his hair at this revelation. All in all, it doesn't change who Adrian Issacs is: an excellent artist whose music genuinely reached out to the Moros in his earlier years. Geist will hold out for Ixidor being one of the less dogmatic Ladders until proven wrong.

So for now, the Moros readjusts him to "pretty cool dude who happens to be a Ladder." It could be worse. At least he admits that the Guardian-Ladder purge of the Arrows was wrong. The condemnation at the inter-pentacle violence ameliorates Geist's shattered expectations and he bounces back to a much more fragile smile than before.

1 Sux to Unseen Senses
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-10 17:01:34 Geist rolls 4 to Unseen Senses (Perception-2) (10 Again) 7, 6, 4, 10, 6 1 success

The cold brush of the occult against his skin snaps Geist to attention. He looks around the crowd for the cause. "Did any of you guys feel that?"

A
    Asp

"That sounds like an absolute nightmare," Asp mused. It sounded to her like the Adamantine Arrow was doing the right thing. There was nothing good about blood sacrifice. "Do we know where things stand now with that? That's pretty close by."

Ixidor's last question as he looked to her shirt caused her to flush a little bit. "I, uh... I'm sort of newer, you know? So I guess the rumour mill didn't reach me too well. We heard little things here and there, but Vegas is far enough away from the coast, and it has its own problems to boot." The Adamantine Arrow training garrison at Las Vegas was not exactly a hub of socialites spreading the local Awakened gossip.

Asp's eyes snapped around briefly as she felt that little tug on her soul, that touch of electricity that raised arm-hairs came over her, and she looked at Geist. She was a bit surprised that he seemed surprised. "Yeah, I felt it. It's not really a surprise, with so many Awakened in one place..."

Mages did have this odd tendency to cast magic at events.

1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-11 01:57:40 Asp rolls 5 to Wits+Composure-2 for Unseen Senses (10 Again) 2, 1, 10, 2, 5, 7 1 success

A
    Asp

The speeches. The challenge of the Heirarch by this Aquinas of the Vox Draconis. The young Arrow had never expected this would be what she would see at her first Consilium gathering...

...then again, she never expected to walk in on her first day and, WHAM, nightmare to the face, either, did she?

"All right, fellas. I should probably mosey. Great meeting you both."
    She smiled at Geist, then her smile grew as she turned to Ixidor. "Looking forward to your concert, Ixidor."

IXXXIDDORRR!

Engaging 48 hour rule... Asp leaves the scene.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor's victory at getting the other Obrimos to stick around is short-lived. As events begin their sway and tumble, the rocker looks momentarily distracted. The sudden weight of seriousness, a mantle of business, threatened to cloak him. But he manages to smile convincingly, before watching Assp walk away. "Yeah," he calls in a weak response. "Take care. I'll see you around."

He then gives Geist a clap on the shoulder.

"Alright, man. Looks like Leo wants a team huddle, or something. Nice meeting you though."

A pause, where Ix has to stop himself from cackling.

"Enjoy your first sort-of-Consilium-gathering in Sacramento?"

It's almost delivered with a shrug, or an i guess thrown on the end. Kid better hold on to the seat of his pants. Hanging around long enough to catch Geist's response, the Thιarch makes his way to follow the others.

Ixidor joins the main thread, only briefly.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

The Sewnskin Doctor

That's. That's sorta bullshit.

For the third time tonight, the Moros is stunned into a gaping stupor. Challenges for the seat of Hierarch? Annexation by his old Consilium? Big Brother and the Powerbrokers getting into fisticuffs? Too much information, too little time. He came to Sacramento to get away from all the bullshit back in San Fran. Now, Geist finds himself in the middle of a coup. This is decidedly Not Okay.

"Fuck, dude. I don't even know. Thanks, Ad- Ixidor. I just need to go and, uh, do something. Over there." Geist's attention is definitely somewhere else when he responds to the Theurge. If San Francisco is planning to annex Sacramento, shit is going to hit the fan. A cold sweat begins to break over the Moros. The Golden Consilium knows how to quell dissent, quickly and efficiently. Geist knew this better than most. If Sacramento didn't bend knee, people are going to get hurt.

And where did his loyalties lie? He just came to Sac-town, just got settled with his tito. Would people look to him and see an enemy? If it came down to it, would he side with his new peers against annexation? Or would he just have to pack up and leave the town and head further east? The Moros stumbles off more than a little dazed with all these questions buzzing around in his head.

The Moros reenters the main thread with a lot on his mind.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread