31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1406)(SL) Ginger and spice, and everything nice

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"Full House San Fransisco," Ixidor echoes, with a snort. "If any of you have ever met Bob Saget in person when he isn't playing Danny Tanner, you'd know just how apt that analogy is."

He has time to grin at Seren's little trick, noting that there was no trace of the Supernal tingling at his senses like... whatever it is that's wrapped around Aquinas. Which means it's real skill. Actual sleight of hand. Which is both amusing and impressive.

Because let's face it: Really turning things invisible is fucking easy.

He accepts the lot with a wink of gratitude, and actually uses some of the sugar (okay, sweet and naked). But his verbal attention must remain on topic, for a moment.

"I think that we're all in agreement that a change is due," he confirms. "And the rest of the Pentacle isn't doing anything about it. Isn't really in a position to. So yes, you should have this Caucus' support. In for a penny and in for a pound."

The nomination is also a relief. Saves him the trouble of staking claim to it.

"I served this Consilium as Deacon once before. It was only for lack of faith" ha ha, "and lack of options that I sought Telos out for help and instruction. Direction. Some better formed ideas on where to start. Now that I'm back, I'll gladly accept that mantle again.

"Not that I'd radically oppose one better suited for the role, but I've handed the bullseye to two other Théarchs already, and it didn't work out."

And the last time, they were so few that the idea of Clavigers was a moot point.
    "I think that it's pretty obvious that both Seren and Faith are suited to the personable and diplomatic task it will surely be to serve as my envoys. Somebody's gotta be all impressive and mitigate my rotten mouth.

"Umbrey: How do you feel about directly tackling the local Cryptopolies? We all need to be contributing to their maintenance, but we used to have Gallows' wise hand managing the master list. I'm sure there's some bridges that need rebuilding after all of the time that has passed since his departure."

There were a lot of good Mages that passed through the Sacramento Vox. Shame Ixi couldn't have all of them at once. This bunch, though. They show promise.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

2. Likes Matamune liked this post
    R
    Rhapsody032590

Well now, this went better then i could have ever hoped. Moving out of Vegas was defiantly the right call. Barely moved in and i’m already Claviger.

Seren smiled, wide and genuine at her new Deacon’s pronouncement. She moved out from behind his chair and to the food, using the walk to compose herself. She was truly shocked that she would be named Claviger tonight, her only goal with the nomination honestly had been to keep Faith form it.

She picked up a second cupcake, this one had a lemon frosting with white cake, nice and summery.

“Well third times the charm, or so the old stories tell us. I will gladly serve you as Claviger, it would be an honor to serve as the voice of the Vox Draconis. I also think Faith is a great choice to serve with me, we should hopefully balance out each others more dynamically opposed ideas.” With the last she favored Faith with a nod.

“What is our first order of business going to be? I suggest whatever else we do we also try to boost our numbers. There has to be at least one of two other potential Thearchs out there among the other orders or with the apostates. I would be happy to go looking for them and bring them out. I would also head the induction processes if you would have me.”

She took a bite of her new cupcake and looked back at the box of cupcakes she had brought.

“Oh, and do try one of the lemon cakes they are sublime.”

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith takes a longer, analyzing look at Seren before speaking.

"If we're already on the topic of organizing our Order here, I dare to not to agree with your opinions, Deacon," she says to Ixidor, adding the title to underline that she already thinks of him as a leader. Focus in her eyes and voice is noticeable. "Speaking from my professional opinion and past experiences, I'd advise to give the roles differently. For a Claviger I'd see Umbrey; from what I've seen already, his professionalism and ability to set emotions aside is perfect for one who needs to be able to see and maintain the main core of our means and goals clear. I can't say that about Seren, of whom I heard some bad rumors even as far from California as Chicago." Sip of the tea. "For Miss Seren, I'd say the best option would be to become a Factotum - a role that both demands some personal development, social acuity and ability to convey your ideas to other Orders."

And for Factotum training they would have to work together. Faith would love to know Seren better... to check how much truth the rumors carry.

The redhead reaches into her bad to extract a notebook - analogue one, thick, with a lot of little sticky note flags in different colors in it - and check her notes. She tucks her heir while thinking, and after a few seconds she closes the notebook.

"I have already a few working ideas - plural intended - for Cryptopolies, and all I need to put them into motion is a little bit of free time, but I will manage," a little smile after the last bit. Of course she'll manage, Cryptopolies are the little steps into Hieraconis... And building Hieraconis was her ambition, her main goal, the point of her life now. No way she's gonna give her pet project to anyone and let them get the credit. "As recruiting goes, I think all of us should be working on that. This way all of us would know the prospects, and the prospect would get to know all of our views on the Order's philosophy. Everyone wins. Of course, Mentors would have the most say about their students, as part of their obligation and of their right."

One more look into the notes.

"As for our further goals, in my opinion we should go with a bang, seeing that our numbers are bigger than I heard. Our Precepts give us a good basis on what we have to work with." Flipping the page of the notebook. "I have notes on my plan prepared and anyone interested is free to take a look at them."

For a moment, Faith pauses. She ceases even to move, to blink with her widely open eyes, staring in front of her like a statue. There's so much to tell; the best would be if she could tell it at once. She feels the Promethean fire burning in her mind to the point of making it hard to think; to get ahold of one thought seems impossible.

A shiver; a sudden return to the Lie called Reality. The Theurgist looks around, stopping to take a look at each of their faces..

"So, what do you think?"

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1

A delicate balancing act commenced. Aquinas set an ear upon the proceedings while not butting in himself. He knew he couldn't, it would have undermined his new Deacon and, frankly, he wanted to see the man Telos spoke about at length, in action. Even more than that, Aquinas wanted to see the Consilium in microcosm.

So goes its Voice, so goes the Consilium.

It was a valuable crash-course in how Aquinas will have to push the pieces in order once he won the Hierarch Seat. There was no 'if' he won that seat. Only 'when.'

Aquinas wasn't as hip as he used to be (yes, there was a time when Aquinas was 'hip') and so he didn't connect lemon cakes to popular culture. His oldest would have laughed and Aquinas would have scowled that his oldest was watching such a mature show. Instead, the Mastigos would-be Hierarch headed over and plucked one from the box, returning to his seat with a slight salute to Seren.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor sits patiently, absorbing Faith's words while she lets them flow out. And without interruption. It's clear that the Cryptopoly situations are near and dear to her plans and ambitions for her future within the Consilium of Sacrament.

Funny, how she failed to mention that when he'd asked them all that very question, earlier.

The rest, he is very close to disregarding. But she had provided too perfect of a method for rebuttal. In her very first sentence.

"You dare!?" he gasps, repeating her choice of words with a theatrical press of a tattooed hand to his chest. It's hammy acting, feigning indignation. "That's exactly my point, Faith.

"Don't get me wrong: I'm thrilled that you're so familiar with mister Umbrey, here, and I guess it's cool that you're willing to judge Seren based off of some rumor... but I don't know either of them. I don't know you."

A tattooed finger (seriously, a tattooed finger) points in the direction of Aquinas. "I don't know him.

"I'm making the only decisions I can based on the information I'm accumulating over the course of this meeting. And the reason that you and Seren shall be my Clavigers, is because you dare. First impressions are everything. They're the one thing that you can never have a second chance at-- barring some very unWise Mind magic-- and the two of you have shown me that you know how to make one.

"I'm gambling that the two of you will know how to make it a good one."

He's not afraid to come out and call Umbrey a knot on a log, but keeps that harsh judgement to himself. That's what he's been thus far, though. Not that Ixidor can't make use of him, just that he needs more out of his reps. He needs some drive. Some motivation. Some goals. Or more importantly, he needs to see them.

"And for the record, we should all be looking real hard at the Factotum exam. Within most Pentacle communities, it is the minimum for being considered Théarch. Beyond a prospective. Which is what I told Ermon when he came to me asking about joining. I've passed the prerequisites myself, I'm just waiting on an opportunity to make it official."

Having addressed her issues during the pause, he lets said pause build a few more silent seconds. Still picturing that wide-eyed look she gave right before she stopped. Just before popping a piece of ginger meat into his mouth for a chew, he waves the fork for her to carry on.

"Don't stop now, sister. You're on a roll."
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

7. Likes West, Matamune liked this post
    B
    Bean

When Ixidor first offered out the titles, Umbrey didn't really react other than placing a hand in front of his mouth as he thought this idea over. Sure it had occurred to him in the past that he would deal with a Cryptolopy, but until now it hadn't been a realistic option. Seren jumped in to accept her position almost immediately. Quite the eager beaver over there. Which was fine because it gave Umbrey more time to think.

And of course Faith gave Umbrey even longer to consider this, but also the other option. He wouldn't mind being a Claviger in the slightest (in fact he kind of unofficially was there for a spell). This gave him more to think about and so he took more time to think.

Umbrey wasn't the kind of man to act on impulse. Or even after checking himself. He liked to think decisions through in their entirety. Ixidor's rebuttal to Faith put Umbrey a bit more on track but even after he finished speaking, Umbrey still taking a moment to consider whether or not that would be a good decision for him, though by now he had almost entirely made up his mind.

"Thank you Ixidor, I will accept." He says this slowly and very carefully, as if he is almost trying to squeeze in one more second of thought before committing but the words are also heavy with his earnestness. If he was going to take this job then he was going to do a damn good job of it and he would seek to dedicate himself to it. He did not make such choices lightly.

"Can I be given this 'master list' that you mentioned? I think it would be wise to build upon previous foundations rather than starting from scratch if that is an option for me. With that I can get started today."

R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren managed to keep a blank face when Faith tried to oust her form her new position less than two minutes after being appointed, she couldn’t keep the smile from her lips at Ixidor’s rebuke however.

I’m going to have to watch Faith more closely than I had originally anticipated. Though trying to move me to a subordinate position, and so directly, got to admit she’s got balls.

Seren was choosing to remain silent for the time being, lest she say something unwise and have to move again. That would really kill her nest egg.

C
    Casitive

Over a Month Old, let's start packing it in!

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

"I'm working with what I had until now from reliable sources, Deacon, and I'm willing to work with Miss Seren to know her better," Faith answered the rebuke in a calm, yet definite way. Her body language and face expressions became more restricted again with more cautiousness. Poof, magic's gone, fire's calmed down. Firework show is finished.

She nodded to Umbrey. "Of course... But if our dear Deacon wants me to be daring, I think I'll dare to explain parts of my plan now." A gaze at Ixidor, then a short glance on all the faces. Again, she became focused; this time it's disciplined kind. The kind Eleagia tried to teach her so hard. "I'm far from telling the Deacon and a Magisterium candidate what to do, of course. I just want to say that I propose a format of actions based on covering all the bases." The redhead takes a simple A4 size sketchbook and a pencil out of her bag, opens at random blank page and starts fill it with something that might look for those who are observing like a chaos of words and small pictures, at first; then, the arrows start to make the chaos into some kind of dense, weird and crazy, but an order.

She was speaking while creating her mind-map. If they don't want to listen, whatever. She's gonna say what she wants and then nobody won't be able to say she didn't do anything. "Blood, for Sleepers. That would be mainly covered by Cryptopolies, but if we could manage to convince the other orders to cooperate, we could make a whole network of Sleeper cells of different specialties, which would make working against the influence of the Liars and the Blind easier. Regaining foothold in the local community. Networking from the smallest community units like families, subculture groups and neighborhoods, so it spreads like a fractal. Starting community projects as basis for Cryptopolies. Umbrey, you may expect a folder with Cryptopolies' drafts next week, and I'll be more than happy to help you with those."

Faith felt knots in her stomach as she made an offer, but it was a much needed gesture of good will. Hopefully, if she tried to work with him, she could remain in control... She won't let others get the prize for her own work. No. Fucking. Way. In. Hell.

"Diamond, for Consilium. Communication and Ties are the most important here as I think that's the main problem. I'd be more than glad if Ixidor or Umbrey could correct me, but I heard the Consilium here is based on cabals, so I was really surprised when I couldn't get a hold of any Herald not Provost. That won't do. That shows that nobody is creating a proper communication between the Consilium and its cabals. The ties are loose and Lex can't be enforced. Well, as far as I know, and I spent a lot of time on it, there's practically no Lex here and nobody archives anything at all. The last note of changes or references to the charter is at least two years old, it's ridiculous. We'll need to convince the cabals to either the need for system change or accepting a new charter, created by them or by us."

The unholy mess in of words and arrows and small drawings systematically takes over the paper under her hand... while the other hand makes a mess of her hair. The red fringe is all over the woman's face, along with some strands moved when she played with them, thinking.

"Which leads us to something that may work as a part of reconnecting plan - striking our enemies like a Thunder. Our Order usually lacks firepower, but damn well we can organize the community, so we'll have to motivate people to act. I'd need more information on current human resources for this - Orders and cabal alike, as to know what we deal with."

She sighs. So much work ahead. So little time.

"As for the Star, the Silver Ladder, that's what we are doing now, but this is a Deacon's domain. I'd like you," the brown eyes focus on Ixidor again, "to give me the first task."

The Game Is On.

B
    Bean

Despite whatever flaws she may have, the girl is ambitious I'll give her that. Umbrey was less so. He didn't particularly want to be at the forefront spearheading large scale operations. No, he much preferred to be a more subtle (but still quite substantial) influence when he had the chances, and this occasionally showed through in his manner.

"Last I head, Faith, Orpheus is the Herald." He spoke quietly in a tone of voice suggestive that he was trying to choose his words carefully. "And, Faith, seeing as how you are already so fervently attached to this, it would be... imprudent of me to reject any ideas you have. Including these, of course. Perhaps we can do a collaboration of sorts."

"There are a few things that I would like to specifically mention though." His voice is at a volume that can easily be heard by the others present but it is clear that is talking directly to Faith. "I, now this is just me and my personal opinion, think that the cabal system is... oh how can I put this... flawed. I'm not particularly well traveled but I am pretty sure I've not heard of it happening often and I cannot say I'm fond of what I've seen. That being said, considering what you said about the charter, I don't think changing everything will be particularly helpful either. Of course the charter hasn't been altered in a few years because, at least this is the impression I've always had, charters aren't particularly meant to be changed. They are meant to provide the foundations on top of which a community can be built which in turn can grow."

Umbrey looked around. "But I suppose that can all be talked to death later, I don't want to derail the meeting or anything like that."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread