Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1406)(SL) Ginger and spice, and everything nice

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Andrew was pissed at her big time after the phone call she had in the break room, but it didn't matter. Faith just couldn't be in bad mood. After she (at last) calmed down - not before her stomach started to hurt from laughing - the project that was so long in production suddenly started to be easy, even though the redhead giggled from time to time still.

Poor Andrew probably felt relieved when he let her get out of work earlier, because she finished her part already, even though earlier it looked like she could stay up to late night hours.

The giggling was starting to sound crazy.

All that caused Faith to be at reception desk of Fat Cat Studio good ten minutes before 6 pm... And with both spells put on and promised boxes of Chinese. Most of it was ginger beef (with promised extra ginger) - Umbrey looked conservatively Texan enough to be pleased with good quality beef, and Ixidor didn't strike her as vegan either.

"Excuse me, I'm to meet with Mr Isaacs, and Mr John Umbrey is to join us, too. He should be here soon."

Seriously, the soundproofing was a blessing. Maybe this way the building won't explode when Ixidor starts to laugh.

A lot of ginger, indeed.

Spells in the car. Supernal Vision (Potency 3), Magic Shield (Potency 5)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-02 19:21:03 Faith rolls 5 to Magic Shield (Gnosis+Prime+HS-1) (10 Again) 10, 8, 8, 10, 10, 6, 5, 3 5 successes
    2014-06-02 19:20:46 Faith rolls 6 to Magic Shield (Gnosis+Prime+HS) (10 Again) 7, 2, 4, 3, 4, 1 failure
    2014-06-02 19:20:31 Faith rolls 9 to Supernal Vision Rote (Wits+Occ+Prime+HS) (10 Again) 9, 2, 1, 10, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5, 10, 6 3 successes
    Ixidor Umbrey Seren

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Random Sleeper

Behind the reception desk, a young blond clerk in glasses with hair in an up-do seems to be barely containing excitement. Her eyes light up when the person who walks in asks for Adrian. She new he was expecting someone, but didn't hear the word she was told to listen for: the identity of the visitor.

"Ah..."
    she manages not to stammer, but decides quickly to give this one the benefit of the doubt. "You must be Faith ?"

A hand points down the hallway over her shoulder with the pen that it's holding. She smiles politely. "Studio B: end of the hall, take a right, first door on the right. It's marked."

OOC
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

3. Likes Sirith liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Faith smiles while observing the woman. She always liked seeing someone full of energy and bright emotions, and today is even better. "Yep, that's me. Remember, you gotta have faith!" She shoots a wide smile at the woman, waving at her as much as possible while carrying her bag and boxes with food.

Not wanting to lose any more time, she goes fast following the directions, her skirt flows gracefully behind her. Faith is really glad she chose this set today, carrying all this hod food while wearing warmer clothes would be hell... Fortunately the way isn't long.

Faith opens (with some difficulty) the door and enters the studio, looking around curiously. The closest she ever got to studio in her live was either the garage she tried to play in with her first band, or her own room, back when she was in high school.

Damn, that was so long ago.

"Hiii, I brought the food as promised..." After closing the door with good helping of her leg, she tries to decide if she wants to greet Ixidor, put the food down or acknowledge herself with the studio first. So damn hard to choose...

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

The studio space is impressive. Though Ixidor's worked with heavier equipment setups, everything he's gotten his hands on thus far has been professional grade and well-maintained. More than enough here, to suit his needs. And it's not like he couldn't tweak shit as needed with his own Will, if the situation demanded it.

There are several chairs haphazardly strewn about, all comfy, rolling and swiveling office chairs in various stage of use, as well as a rack of folding chairs peaking out of a supply closet in one corner, for crowded sessions. The place looks designed to accommodate a sizable production, with a Live Room and Iso Booth footprint just as proportionally huge as the Control Room. A decent sized symphony orchestra could squeeze in, if they had a mind to.

Perfect, in his manic mind, for an impromptu meeting of the Vox Draconis.

A gentleman more concerned with social graces might have sprang immediately to his feet to assist at the sound of a beautiful woman struggling through a door space with his food. But you'll have to look over Adrian Isaacs. He has a lot going through his head, at the moment.

A frantic and lively trio of string tracks-- two guitars and one bass-- rip through a fifteen second loop over the top of an incomplete drum line. It seems to be that which Ixidor is working on. He is leaned back in the biggest, plushiest, and most well-worn of the rolling chairs. One of those big and tall models, made to handle real life Fat Cats. It suits him well, even if he is just really on the tall end of average. Not a giant per se, and looking a little on the lanky side, today.

He mimes tapping invisible drumsticks, eyes closed and revealing black-makeup lids. He doesn't swing with wild abandon, as one might on stage, but with precision. Mentally adding beats and playing with variations during each cycle. The usual application of silver and leather jewelry is in full swing. Other than that, he is dressed pretty casual in jeans, a striped button-down rolled up to his elbows, and a black vest. Don't forget the Chuck Taylors. These are black. But really, he's probably got a dozen or so pairs of the things. Just wait 'til he starts mismatching them.

True, it's very much t-shirt weather outside, but Ix is used to it. Also, he's not spending much time outside.

Faith's hello brings him out of his thoughts, and he swings immediately upright and mutes the looping tracks without cutting them. He'll come back to that.

Whatever he was about to say, it catches somewhere between his brains and his mouth when he spies both how drop-dead hot Faith is, along with the color of her bright red locks. His face splits into a huge grin.

"'Hope you don't mind a lot of ginger'," he says in reference to her own words on the phone, and intentionally sounding nothing like her. It's more of the chiding hurr-durr tone that people use to make fun of each other, or in this case, himself. The following expletive is delivered through a laugh: "Fuck, I walked right into that one, didn't I?"

He wheels one of the seats at arms reach closer to the woman, for her to deposit the load.
    "Nice to put a face to the name."

Forces sight, cast pre-scene; Potency 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-04 13:11:22 Ixidor rolls 8 to cast Read Matrices; Gnosis + Forces +2 HS (10 Again) 4, 10, 2, 6, 4, 1, 3, 10, 4, 2 2 successes

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

6. Likes Matamune, Sirith liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: • (Locally)

Telos was right.

Even after confirming with the winds of Chance itself, she was right. The silver threads of first meetings and promising beginnings hummed at the Recording Studio. The man's lips twisted into an amused smirk at the confirmation, all of the while taking out of his car a plastic bag filled with local bagels and two boxes: one for coffee and one for tea.

He, Aquinas, wasn't quite sure what the local Caucus would prefer anymore, it's been a long time.

Too long.

Aquinas was slightly on the tall-side, somewhere between five foot seven and five foot nine with a square, expressive face. “Oh, sorry, I'm not expected,” he tells the befuddled sleeper at the front-desk. Before the blonde knew it, the man was going through the hallway, down to Studio B. The blonde was following quickly, trying to tell the Man that he wasn't supposed to go down there without being buzzed in first. She was beside herself, the Man caught her flat-footed.

Smiling broadly behind him, the lines of the Man's face crinkled easily around his eyes and dimpled his cheeks. Casually dressed, a red-chambray button up shirt was unbuttoned at the neck, a brown leather belt, and lived in jeans completed his ensemble.

He wondered idly if he really did forget how hot it got in Sacramento.

“Mr. Isaccs!” The blonde from the front desk intercedes before the Man introduces himself, caught at the open door. “I tried to tell him to wait till I can call into the Studio...” babbling with her apology, the Man dips under her arm meant to keep him out.

Sorry,” The man tells Ixidor and then to Faith, “A voice on the wind told me that there would be a meeting tonight. I brought bagels.

If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception -1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Damn, that's some damn fine studio. Faith doubted that more than three people could play at once in her room from when she was living with her parents; not with all the different things gathered. And the garage... Well, it was a garage.

Faith smiles widely hearing Ixidor's words.

"You don't even have an idea how much you walked into it." And it's true. Umbrey's coming is still her sweet sweet secret and she doesn't mean to spill the beans. "And likewise." She takes a good look at Ixidor. Crazy, tattooed artist in too many clothes for those hellish temperatures. Face she's seen so often - on the posters, in the music magazines, in the tabloids. She wasn't a particular fan of his, even if she really appreciated his talent. Voice was so much more important for her. It's just - you never could really run away from that face. "Damn, you're really Isaacs." The redhead snorts, still observing him while systematically putting the boxes down.

Perception fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-04 22:01:48 Faith rolls 4 to Perception-1 (10 Again) 2, 7, 2, 6 failure

Maybe that was why she fails to notice the new magic in the air, always a little bit ahead of a mage. She still has one box in her hand when the chaos comes.

Damn, the only thing we just needed now are strangers.

"Miss, I think we can handle it." She smiles to the girl and winks to Ixidor as a subtle signal to back her. As much as she likes fireballs, throwing them around with a Sleeper that you don't want to scare away or destroy around wouldn't be a brightest idea. "Our other friend should be any minute now, could you please tell him the directions to the studio?"

Think, Faith. And calm the hell down. Being surprised and staying surprised means becoming dead.

She tries to shoot the nicest smile possible at the stranger. "And you might be, mister?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"Really really," he comments on the authenticity of his identity dryly. Not knowing what her first statement about how hard he walked into the ginger joke, he avoids it. Maybe there's a mild fear of making himself look silly twice in so small amount of time. But then, since when has he ever given a damn about looking like a fool?

He's already wheeling closer to sniff and paw at the boxes.
    "Man, this smells great. I've been here all day with hardly any grub, and I'm starving. I mean, I could have ordered something in, or had one of the folks here to pick up something... but I just... forgot."

Only now does the growling pit in his belly seem so very important. Faith may recall what he said on the phone about likely losing track of time.

He makes an innocent sort of wince at the situation, before remarking slyly
    "You've saved the day. I owe you one."

The shenshation you're feeling, ish The Quickening
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-05 09:05:46 Ixidor rolls 3 to Unseen Sense; Perception -1 (10 Again) 7, 6, 8 1 success

The segue into owing her one meaning dinner, or something similarly private is interrupted by the press of another Awakened. Ix instinctively looks to the door.
    "I think your boy Umbrey must be here--"

But the mild commotion, along with Faith's reaction to it, tells him this isn't so. He lifts an open hand to the desk clerk.
    "Sarai, it's all right. Sorry, hon. Really impromptu unscheduled sit-down with some managers and producers. I know you have an office for this kinda thing, but since I'm paid for the day, just funnel them back here? Thank you so much."

The tattooed hand switches to an encouraging thumbs-up, which he holds until the woman is out of sight.

Once she's gone, and the door is shut, the hand drops to his lap. He regards the unknown with measured care. Making any defensive move could be misconstrued. It could be like pulling first in a shoot-out, where none needed to occur.
    "Voice on the wind, huh?"

The same tattooed hand points with a thumb to the Live Room on the other side of the glass.
    "So that means we're not about to throw down with a complete stranger, and we can get ourselves on the other side of the airlock peacefully, where we can talk Truthfully with each other, right?"

It isn't delivered with malice, but it isn't delivered with timidity, either. Surprise can be forgiven in both directions, if that's all it is.

In the pause of silence before the next person speaks, Ixidor's stomach grumbles.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1

Aquinas,” names had meaning and his had him mistaken for an Obrimos more times than he could count. He supposed, that everyone thought Mastigoi stood out in cornfields and came up with names of demons to take. All the while spouting Milton. No offense meant against Paradise Lost but it was more the young walkers of the Path of Scourging who missed the point of that poem.

With deliberate care, Aquinas set down the bag of bagels and the twin boxes of coffee and tea. A glint of an iron wedding band caught the light, “I apologize that I haven't been able to make contact with you all. After seeing Avalon, it has been non-stop running around.” A glance to Ixidor, “You must be the one Telos spoke about?

Ixidor could probably peg his musical taste as probably Starbucks-Chic or worse, Dad Rock.

Let's get to the 'airlock,'” Making Aquinas' previous question about Telos something belayed, “and eat something first instead of standing around being hungry. Then I can probably burden you all with the formal introduction.

Aquinas' broad, open smile remained; marking his last statement as a bit of a joke.

B
    Bean

Umbrey walked over to the returning secretary wearing his work clothes still, which happened to be a simple charcoal suit with a red tie and carrying his briefcase because he had to take a taxi here. He introduced himself as John and was directed back, after which he gave a thank you and limped back to Studio B.

As he walked through the door he had his cane in one hand, supporting a large portion of his weight, and his suitcase in the other with his suit jacket draped over it exposing his charcoal grey vest and his button up shirt on his torso. His tie had been loosened and his collar was unbuttoned and when he first spoke there was an obvious accent of the South that a keen ear could pin to southern Texas. "Hey y'all sorry I'm late I got held up at work." He nods to Faith. "Good evening ma'am pleasure to see you again." He looks at the other two men, both of which he does not recognize (yes not even the rockstar).

"I'm John Umbrey, you may call me either one as appropriate." He holds out his hand to the first willing to shake it and return the introduction, the smell of the Chinese and coffee does strange things to his stomach as he does.

Spells, On his way there; Grim Sight (4 Successes); Entropic Guard (3 Successes)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-05 12:51:15 Umbrey rolls 6 to cast Entropic Guard (Wits + Occ + Death) (10 Again) 8, 7, 7, 9, 7, 10, 5 3 successes
    2014-06-05 12:51:01 Umbrey rolls 5 to cast Grim Sight (Wits + Occ + Death - 1) (10 Again) 10, 8, 8, 8, 4, 1 4 successes
    2014-06-05 12:50:43 Umbrey rolls 6 to cast Grim Sight (Wits + Occ + Death) (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 2, 1, 7 failure

R
    Rhapsody032590

There was a message on the wind that night, a call that the ladder in Vegas used a lot to call their meetings. Well I’d better get dolled up and ready to go. She brushed out her long black hair and put on a simple red sundress, and matching heels, something told her she wouldn’t have to worry about running tonight.

She stopped quickly to pick up a small assortment of cupcakes form the bakery on the corner before rushing off, following the call of the Vox Draconis.

When she reached the studio she smiled to herself before greeting the Secretary with a quick disarming smile. ”Sorry, my husband is just down the hall I won’t be long I promise” Before ignoring any protests and heading down the hall where she saw the Knots of fate centering.

Seren Took a breath to center herself before walking through the doors into the studio, doing her best to make a grand entrance.
    She noted the other four members of her new Caucus nodding to each of them.
    Sorry I’m late, I guess the call didn’t find as soon as others. I’m Seren and I brought cupcakes” She smiles warmly holding up the box form the baker.

Here’s hoping I make more friends here then I did with my last Caucus. The all look on the younger side at least.

Cast at home before leaving. 2 Suxx Temproal dodge & 4 Suxx Sibils Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-05 14:23:19 Seren rolls 6 to The Sybils Sight (Wits:3+Oclt:2+fate1) (10 Again) 1, 8, 8, 7, 10, 9, 6 4 successes
    2014-06-05 14:22:11 Seren rolls 7 to Temporal Dodge (Dex:3+Ath:3+Time:2) (10 Again) 10, 7, 10, 7, 6, 2, 2, 4, 4 2 successes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread