The Supernal is the Self

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Some of the tension bleeds out of the shaman's body. They hadn't rejected or ridiculed him. Perhaps the two were safe. "Thanks for the offer, but ... I'll be taking an astral journey with people I trust. I don't know what to expect from it, but perhaps it will hold some of the answers."

He glances around the room before focusing back on his fellow Talons. "Here, now, I'd like to focus more on how we can improve ourselves as warriors. And in that, we are most certainly a team."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

2 successes. Ties go to defender?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-29 01:45:54 Avis rolls 6 to comp+subterfuge (10 Again) 8, 3, 4, 8, 3, 6 2 successes

"Oh. Ok, good," Avis said, relieved that Animus was going to take care of himself. She was also relieved she wouldn't be involved. She didn't want to let another Arrow suffer but if she could avoid the dark groves of another's mind, she would. She had enough of those dark groves in herself to deal with. Looking down at the bloodied stake in her hand she tried to focus back onto their training. Emotion and memory might be things Animus struggled with, but he certainly had a firm grasp on what it meant to be a Talon. To be a warrior.

"What do you have in mind? Moving on to the perfecting stuff rather than the preserving stuff?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Ignore double post. The Look =
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

Asp raised an eyebrow at Avis's look, but dismissed it. The Mastigos was plainly bitter about having been stabbed - well, too bad. Animus had said it right. Combat training among Arrows was no holds barred. You learned from your failures. Asp certainly learned from hers, and when the time came that Avis was ready to learn how to overcome the possibility of having her weapon turned on her, the Obrimos would teach her how.

They were a team. She'd get over it.

She's okay. Please be okay --

The Obrimos nodded to Animus's point, plainly satisfied that he was getting help that he was comfortable with. That's what was important. His discussion of improvement, though...

Avis asked the question of what he had in mind, and she nodded her ditto. Where would they go from here?

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It felt awkward taking the lead, when there was so much of his memory he hadn't recovered. "I think good starting points might be mistakes each of us made and how we could improve on them, as well as where we fit in a team. Unfortunately we don't have the numbers here to run through larger scale fighting, but even a bit of basic identification of roles can go a long way there."

A short pause as he tries to gauge Asp's and Avis' reactions, before continuing. "My own preference is to fight super-aggressively and draw the enemy's focus. You both saw me fall on my face in the first match. Part of that was Asp keeping me off-balance, but did either of you catch what I did that exacerbated that?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Um. I don't know. I guess your weight was further back on your feet so when she hit you and then when you tried to punch your energy was going in two different places, rather than just forward. Is that kinda right?" Avis took a step back and sank down onto the floor, sitting now that they were discussing theory.

A
    Asp

"Yeah," she agreed with Avis. Animus was all forward all the time. She got that. But he hadn't been in that instant, and going off of what was comfortable had screwed him some. "She's got the right of it. You'd pulled your momentum back to defend yourself, so when I hit you, it was a bad situation."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shaman nods. "Yes, and I paid for it quite dramatically." A quick glance between the other two. "How about your own techniques? What worked well, what didn't? And more importantly, how do you see the three of us building off each other, when fighting side-by-side?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Nothing I did really worked out that well," Avis said with a shrug. "I can hit pretty hard when I have time to wind up but you both did a damn good job of keeping me on my toes. But if we were fighting as a team, you'd be the most serious threat," she said, nodding to Animus, "so they'd probably try and take you down first. Maybe Asp could support you, keeping them off balance, and I'd try and hit 'em in the back? Go for the floating rib or the kidneys. Maybe back of the skull."

A
    Asp

"It depends what the situation is, really," Asp said. "You're the point, and anybody in their right mind is going to try to put you down because you're going to tear people up with those claws. But I get the sense you can heal pretty damn well. I've healed a lot of wounds, and I've never seen anyone molt away injury like you did." She paused, still curious what that was all about. "If we're fighting one opponent, I think Avis has the right idea. If we're fighting two, I should go grapple one of them and lock them up while you two take the first down and then join me."

Asp knew her strength was controlling opponents. Doing that so that incoming fire was mitigated made a lot of sense.

"I wonder if we could get the Arrow together for group combat exercises? Testing some strategies never hurts."

Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.