Ended
Watch

The Supernal is the Self

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    A
    Asp

Asp picked up her baton again, placing it in its holster again before answering Animus' question. "I practice a mixed art which includes escrima. Part of the technique involves putting one's opponent off balance constantly. It can really throw someone off and keep them from being able to fight back as effectively."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was easy slipping into fighting techniques and shop talk. A well-worn path, to avoid confronting how little he really knew about himself. "My own style is instinctual, to cut down on hesitation and reaction time. But I just ... couldn't adapt fast enough." He shifts awkwardly, still pained by the specter of failure. "How hard would it be to learn to recognize and adjust to the technique in a natural way?"

A
    Asp

Asp looked thoughtful for a moment, motioning to Animus's injuries. "Here. It's not actually that bad, since you're going to feel yourself thrown off balance. Solar plexus hits, pushes along with the hits, that sort of thing. Close up your wounds, and I'll show you some more. The jist, though is that these techniques are usually done with a baton. That's a big sign. Masters of escrima can do it barehanded, but usually, it's going to happen with one of these." She patted the tonfa thoughtfully, then produced it, stepping back.

"Would you like to have another go, this time one on one? I need to see how I actually would react to you if you were attacking me, to see how you could adjust to the technique in response."

If he accepted, the young Talon gave him a chance to prepare himself and heal before they began.

14 Initiative, if Animus accepts the offer of a one on one
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 01:10:10 Asp rolls 1 die for initiative 7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

After a quick nod, more of the Shaman's skin peels away, instantly replenished. Involuntary twitches settle down as the last of his pain recedes.

-2 mana to fully heal
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 17:00:04 Animus rolls 13 to Sta + Ath + Lif (10 Again) 1, 1, 2, 3, 9, 9, 7, 6, 9, 4, 3, 7, 10, 6 4 successes
    2014-05-26 16:59:45 Animus rolls 13 to Sta + Ath + Lif (10 Again) 7, 2, 2, 5, 1, 6, 7, 5, 5, 3, 3, 7, 9 1 success

He squares off across from Asp, glancing measuringly over her form. "Do you mind if I switch to claws, to fight more in line with the manner I'm used to?"

init 16; I forgot the bonus from krav last time
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 17:01:14 Animus +15 rolls 1 die for initiative 1

A
    Asp

Asp nods her assent to the claws, simultaneously filled with adrenaline and a bit terrified.

That was good. It meant she respected the challenge.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus activates Beast Gift. Instant action, no roll needed.

At Asp's nod, greyish fur sprouts across the shaman's hands, travelling midway up his forarms as the hands reconfigure into a wolf's paws. At an unspoken signal he dashes forward, with all of his previous speed, but none of the uncertainty. In a flash of movement, one claw swipes across the Obrimos' chest, drawing ragged red lines. Painful as the attack must be, it shows a level of restraint which hadn't been present much of the previous fight.

3L
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 17:34:23 Animus rolls 7 to Str + Brawl + sp + eq 2 - def 4 (10 Again) 1, 10, 1, 8, 6, 7, 9, 5 3 successes

defense 4, armor 1 vs bashing

A
    Asp

Asp hissed in pain as his claws raked her, blood spraying as she spun about. The momentum of his hit was turned to her advantage; the weapon lashed out and smacked him in the temple, knocking him off balance just so.

You know the drill; -3 to the next attack from Off-Balancing Attack.

2 bashing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 18:50:30 Asp rolls 3 to Str+Weaopnry+spec+eq2-2strike-5 (10 Again) 9, 9, 2 2 successes

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus' eyes snap closed well before the hit lands, shutting out sight to focus on balance and reaction. A flash of pain sears through his cheek, and again instinct pushes him to go defensive and take stock.

This time he fights the urge with a low growl, instead cutting loose on the offensive. Both claws lash out in rapid succession, letting loose in wild swings at Asp's arms. He could feel the lack of leverage, the awkward angle. One swipe is easily deflected, but the second rips a deep gash across the Obrimos' shoulder and upper arm. The shaman winces in sympathy as flesh is stripped away, leaving a visible patch of white bone.

4L
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 19:07:06 Animus rolls 3 to Str + Brawl + sp + eq 2 - 4 (def) - 3 (obA) - 1 (fs) (10 Again) 7, 5, 1 failure
    2014-05-26 19:06:43 Animus rolls 4 to Str + Brawl + sp + eq 2 - 4 (def) - 3 (obA) (10 Again) 10, 1, 8, 8, 8 4 successes

def 0, arm 1/bashing

A
    Asp

His claws came in, and Asp snapped her baton back in over her arm, the hard plastic parrying a couple of the claws in a desperate block. The wounds were nasty - but her burst of speed kept the worst of it off. At least, she was able to keep fighting.

She pivoted on her heel, snapping the baton back out with a flick of her wrist. His guard was down from his aggression, and the tonfa struck his shoulder, pushing him off balance once more.

Asp knew full well she was in a lot of trouble, agony burning through her arms and her chest, but this was training. This was important, for both of them.

Same deal. -1WP for +2 Defence vs. that sick shot, negating 2L. Asp is at 5L.

2b
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 19:27:48 Asp rolls 7 to str+wep+spec+2eq-2strike-1armor (10 Again) 5, 2, 8, 3, 1, 9, 4 2 successes

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus wheels, catching his balance and swinging for another attack. At the last second, a phrase bubbles up from his memory, a snatch of recollection. He diverts his attack mid-swing, paw arcing unerringly to rake across the back of Asp's wrist. Remove the weapon, remove the leverage.

1L, called shot to Asp's hand
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-26 20:30:16 Animus rolls 3 to Str + Brawl + sp + eq 2 + AoA - 4 (def) - 3 (obA) - 3 (hand, kf) (10 Again) 1, 4, 9 1 success

def 0, arm 1/bashing. Animus is at 4B

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.