Ended
Watch

The Supernal is the Self

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    A
    Asp

The creaking of a chain followed the sound of blows in the gym of the Circle of Creation, as a combat training dummy shook and bounced from flicks of Asp's baton and snap-kicks. She danced around the dummy relentlessly, a constant back and forth of motion, the warrior always seeking to improve their techniques. It was a warm-up, really; something to get the heart pounding and the blood flowing. Maybe she'd work the bag later, but there was definitely some weight training going to happen here.

Arrow ladies weren't all about toning to look good, that was for sure. The body was a Supernal temple, and honing it to a razor's edge honed the warrior-mage within.

Of course, training alone was no way to go. She'd invited Avis out, and figured any other Arrows passing through may want to come join them. Why not?

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus felt like he was groping in the dark, trying to piece together who he had been with nothing to go on but vague impressions and emotional triggers. The lack of context had grown more than a little frustrating. But one of the strongest signals had been tension while alone, the need for contact with others. Perhaps a manifestation of the wolf's pack instinct; he certainly seemed to have imprinted many of that particular animal's mannerisms somewhere.

In that spirit, the Shaman had been spending more time at the Circle, in hopes of forming connections with his fellow Talons. A sense of warmth enters his perception, that he'd come to associate with higher life. Almost immediately he perks up, following the feeling to its source. Seeing the Obrimos, relief floods him. The newer recruits didn't tie his emotions in knots in the way that he'd come to associate with remnants of his past life.

For several minutes, he simply watches from a distance, gauging technique, and generally being unobtrusive. During a break in her pattern, he will approach, creating just enough noise to announce his presence.

A
    Asp

To a trained eye, Asp's technique with both baton and kick was pretty solid, in a mortal sense - she had trained extremely hard in both disciplines, blending unarmed combat and baton use into a seamless style. She finished up her round around the dummy, the baton flicking and her legs kicking, throwing in the occasional shove or punch to keep her quarry off balance or clinch...

...and then she saw Animus watching, approaching. She did not appear worried about having had someone watching her.

"Sir," she said in salute, just as she'd been trained to do. Las Vegas had been rigid, but their Talons always showed respect. The empathetic Thyrsus had been here longer than here, for all she could tell. She went with respectful. Of course, she'd noticed him there out of the corner of her eye - she was an observant sort. But he had just been watching, and her drill was not yet done. Asp was certain if Animus had wanted her attention sooner, he would simply have gotten it.

She put her baton in its holster on her hip, wiping a bit of sweat off her brow. "Can I be of service?"

After all, Service is Mastery.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis walked into the training hall, dressed in her workout cloths: tennis shoes, sweat pants, and a hoody with the sleeves cut off. This time she had earbeads in, the thunder of tribal drums beating in her head. The steady cascade of beats and the drone of a didgeridoo called to her, helped focus her, the music crowding the background noise out of her skull until only her conscious will remained. Yoga was also great for focusing the mind but yoga was an aid for peaceful meditation and Avis wasn't going to meditate. She was going to hone her body and its ability to destroy, and she liked having a wall of sound to help prep her for that kind of training.

When she saw she wasn't alone in the hall she popped the beads out of her ears, set her ipod down on a bench, and walked over to Animus and Asp.

"Hey. Y'all want a third person for a sparring rotation?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus flushes slightly at his fellow Talon's greeting, shaking his head. "I don't need that sort of formality. I'm no one special."

He takes a moment to settle himself before responding to the question. "It was interesting, seeing those styles meshed so well. A useful skill. But I don't think I ever caught your name."

As Avis enters, he gives a friendly nod. "I wouldn't mind a good sparring session. The rules are up to you, although I'd suggest that the two of you fight together."

A
    Asp

Asp relaxed some. If he didn't want formality, then there was no need for it. She smiled slightly at the discussion of her style. "I'm Asp. Unfortunately, I did not catch yours, either?" Her head cocked slightly to the side, and the little Arrow pulled another hair elastic off her wrist and went to locking it down even further as Avis came into view. There she was - and offering a spar, as well?

Yeah, Asp was open to that.

Particularly when Animus said that he was in, and that they should work together against him. That got a bit of an eyebrow twitch from Asp. She believed him. The man's scars suggested he knew a thing or two, and only an idiot would challenge two Talons to a fight if they couldn't handle it.

"Sure. I'm open to whatever. But, do you want to do no magic this round, test ourselves naturally first?" She looked back and forth once between Avis and Animus, and shifted over to the sparring floor, sipping on a water bottle as she did.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Also, are we all ok with weapons," Avis asked, eying Asp's baton, "or are we going bare-handed?"

"I'm assuming full contact," she supplied a second later, deciding it was best to get everything out on the table. They were all Arrows, but she didn't know them or how they liked to train. "I know you both just said you're fine with whatever but, uh, just want to make sure."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp's head turned slightly to peer over at Avis. "I'm good with weapons or not... and is there any other way to train?" A little smile flashed across the Obrimos's face. This was the Adamantine Arrow, after all. Natural training had its place, but if you couldn't take a slash or a bullet or two...

...after all, Life magic had a purpose.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Animus." The reply is short and crisp, to not get in the way of the rules discussion.

"Full contact is a given. Our enemies don't hold back. The rest of the rules sound fine; no magic, but everything mundane is fair." A short pause. "Incidentally, I hope I'm not the only one here who can heal others?"

The Thyrsus takes a deep, hitched breath, and the intricate web of spellwork surrounding his pattern vanishes all at once. It's a bit like diving into a cold lake; hesitation only lets the fear build. Asp and Avis likely notice Animus lose a bit of his poise, and that he begins to cast occasional nervous glances about the room. "Are we ready, then?"

A
    Asp

Asp kept limber, swinging her arms some and keeping moving like a goaltender might. She was warmed up and ready to go, with no magic on her pattern and her practice baton at her hip. "I can do it, enough to bring you back up if you go down." She nodded.

The Obrimos noticed the changes; knowing Life as she did, she knew a thing or two about feeling a little weaker when one didn't have an augmentation up. In Vegas she'd had more resources and could afford to roll around honed. Here, not so much. It was a bit odd, but that was why the Adamantine Arrow trained: so that they didn't need the augmentations. The Supernal is the Self, the body is a temple. The point was that magic was supposed to enhance, but never be entirely relied upon.

She looked to Avis. They were to be partners, so this was a good chance to see if Avis and her could naturally work as a team. At the call for readiness, her tonfa was produced, she assumed a neutral combat stance of readiness, and she nodded once. "Let's get started."

Initiative 11
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-20 12:06:22 Asp rolls 1 die for initiative 4

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.