Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1405) Ventrue Clan Meeting.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Katsuro Tomori

"I would be honored to oversee negotiations, it's one of my specialties after all. We can work out a contract later regarding the finance of your operations...assuming of course Mr. Bridges is amicable to the idea of a partnership? No sense in moving forward without the personnel to move." August looked at the Crone curiously, then to Thorne curious what his angle was. Nothing is ever free, even offers of help come with price tags sometimes.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

T
    Theoretical

He'd arrived forty-five minutes before the meeting had started. Though Bryan wasn't at the proper venue, he'd spent some time nervously waiting for others to arrive before him. He didn't want to be first and look anxious, but definitely didn't want to be late. As the others had their conversations, he arrived without any pomp or circumstance. He wore a simple dress shirt and matching tie with black slacks. He was sure his shoes would be a bit scuffed as he hadn't had the centuries to build a vast, wealthy empire.

Still, he was confident enough to act like a rising star. His presence here was no mere accident. He was here with purpose. In his mind was a mental agenda of things to gain through this meeting, and he wasted no time.

"Partnership?" he asked with a light smile. "Sounds like I've arrived at just the right time."

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

When Galloway introduced the pair of men to him, Edwin offered both a friendly, if somewhat firm, handshake. The tattoos on his wrist slipping into view as the sleeve of his jacket rose with the movement, black swirls of ink that was just the tip of the iceberg.

And so Edwin listened because it seemed that everyone here loved the sound of their own voice, not that that was a bad thing. Edwin loved the sound of his own voice but for now, he kept his tongue firmly planted in his head as they spoke of business at quite an impressive rate.

When another joined them, Edwin simply gave the new arrival a look followed by a nod.

He then took out a seat and sat in it.

"Priscus Galloway is right about one thing, I'm definitely looking for tenancy because, no doubt like all you fine gents, I've got plans. I mean, we're Lords, right? Plans come natural," Edwin finally said, smiling honestly as he took in the men present. "When you say...security, what kind of thing are we talking about, Mr. Pearson? You want some legs broken? Eyes on the street? You tell me and I'll see if I can cover it." A pause as Edwin tried to run through the get up here, the trio of old school monsters that stood before him.

The fourth, the latest arrival, was an unknown for now.

Leaning forward and placing his elbows on the table, Edwin gazed at the Kindred in the meeting room. He showed some teeth as he smiled. "I'm not beating around the bush here, I'm a thug but one that can sway those with violent tendencies. You want security, I'll give it to you. What I want is a place to settle and pray."

Sitting back in his seat, Edwin wondered just what they would think of such a powerful word.
    Scenes

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde appeared at last in a stylish coat in last years cut with a beret jauntily set upon her head. Her long black tresses were loose and spilled over her shoulders, framing her pale face. Heel's clicked on the floor. Her initial move was simple enough: slip in through the door and drop into the nearest available seat.

She didn't get past the door.

Instead she drew up short, automatically dropping into a pose as the bubbling thing at the base of her mind trembled and warped against the press of Beasts. The doll-like Lord was assaulted by the sudden need to dominate, to master, to control her rivals - to let slip the tentacled thing from its moorings and lay out a challenge, if only to carve out a space for herself in their suddenly confined quarters. Mentally she teased it with her Coil, taking a strange pleasure from the inner struggle.

The mask set. In a more neutral voice than she would have wanted, had she been fully conscious of it, Hildegarde greeted them. "Priscus Galloway. Roderick. Blood of my blood, greetings." The Spanish Lady was at her ear, whispering. For once the Lord found it... helpful.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

5. Likes West liked this post
    M

Roderick eased back into his seat as he explained how plan, "Obviously, we would be a force under the command of the Prince, the Princus and the Covenants simply because I believe in serving the greater community. I served the entire nation as a Kine and now I would be honored to serve all of Sacramento for this time. We could easily find Kine to serve the more mundane tasks. Security detail and the like. But those who exemplify themselves I would like to, with permission, maybe bring them in as ghouls. They would serve with Kindred like you and myself for the more.. important tasks. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want a well trained Ghoul as a bodyguard.

Roderick leaned back a bit, letting his idea soak in before more directly answering Edwin's question, "So yes, the day may come when you will need to break legs, shadow someone or something, and maybe more should the situation call for it. After some training, you may even serve as a leader of men who would do that for you." A beat to let the fellow Kindred soak it in before adding, "Does that sound within your scope?"

Hildegarde entered then, Roderick would feel the familiar press of her Beast and noted her odd behavior. She was always a bit strange, but this was a bit much. Still, he greeted her all the same, "Good evening, Hildegarde. Do we find you well tonight?"

Katsuro Tomori

As Hildegarde entered and made her introduction to himself and...Roderick. August raised an eyebrow inquisitively. If it could have been raised further it would have when Roderick replied in the intimate as well....

Seems they've grown close...or they're horribly misinformed. The time to figure that out will be later though...

"Ah, Miss Hildegarde, a pleasure. May I introduce Mister Thorne, Mr. Bridges and... August looked to the other new arrival, and responded...politely. "A gentleman who I haven't had the pleasure to learn the name of quite yet, but seems interested in a spot at the table..." he tilted his head to one side in what may look like curiosity as his beast adjusted to the new arrival it found. The older beast wanted to humiliate, dominate and lacerate the new comer but it could do little against the wall of will that August held with poise. The Old Southerner pulled out his pocket watch and noted the time as fifteen past the hour.

Speaking of seats, by all means I think we've waited long enough. His Excellency tends to prefer me sending a report of these meetings his way than attending himself. Neutrality, I think he's aiming for. That said, I feel we are safe to begin things in earnest. he made a waving gesture at the table as he took his spot to the right of the name card for Prince Clarke and pulling out some papers, a few blank, an old ink well sealed with a cork stopper and what looked to be a calligraphy pen of a decent age, one might imagine it was the kind that Lincoln used to draft the emancipation proclamation.

"Now, as we've already begun the small talk in regards to this I feel it only makes sense to call the first order of business to the table. Mr. Pearsons has aims of being recognized for what he is. To say he is a man of action with an eye for security detail would be an understatement and a dishonor to his service toward this wonderful country. I have set things in motion to begin the foundation of a security firm here in the city, but as Mr. Pearson has already begun in some detail I will pass the floor to him to continue more about his vision and how it may help our Clan gain some status within the Domain."
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Maximilian arrived a bit later at the reunion. He wore his usual custom tailored business suit and had a briefcase in hand. When he arrived, he felt a bit tense at the already great number of people present. He hoped that it would not degenerate into a mass frenzy. He went to salute Galloway first, and then the others.

"Greetings Priscus Galloway. Thank you for the invitation. I apologize for my tardiness but I am still in the process of managing the logistics of moving into a new city and it can be a time consuming activity. And greetings to you, blood of my clan. For those who don't know me yet, my name is Maximilian Calahan, recent arrival in the city."

If appropriate, he will take a place at the table, and will listen carefully to what will be said.

Katsuro Tomori

"Ah, Mister Callahan." he said, as he adjusted his seat so as to better view the new arrival. "We had literally just starting things off officially, consider yourself only slightly late. I remember when I first came to Sacramento, navigation of new territories are always a bother. the emphasis on slightly was noted, August was quite alright with it this time, but promptness is always appreciated. The Priscus did not stand however.

"Allow me to introduce Mr. Bridges, Mr. Pearson, Miss Hildegarde, Mister Thorne and...someone who has been awefully quiet since his enterance to this boardroom. " the irritation was clear in Augusts voice as he addressed the final member of the current present Family. Hopefully this fellow [ Bryan Reed ] would prove to have something worth while to say soon.
    "Everyone, I have the pleasure of introducing Mister Calahan."

Any sense of indignation was cleared up however as things turned away from the unintroduced and quiet Ventrue and August asked Mr. Calahan about his blood sibling "Will Miss Sterling be joining us as well? I love the added familial company, but time is valuable." he said looking once more to his pocket watch. The minutes of the meeting would need to be...adjusted slightly, when presented to His Grace, obviously the Prince wouldn't care to read up on how many interruptions had taken place.

M

Roderick stood up out of his chair and fixed his jacket, ready to make use of the command of the floor he was given. However, before then he looked to Galloway and asked, "Do you want to wait, let her have a chance to show and let the shy one talk or shall I begin?" He is the Princus after all, best to follow his lead.

T
    Theoretical

"Apologies, Priscus Galloway," Bryan said as he turned his head slightly. Apparently he was to be singled out for not being a chatterbox. "It was my mistake to believe that as an invited guest of my Priscus that you knew who I was." He didn't stand, he simply smiled to the assembled.

"My name is Bryan Reed, and is it a pleasure to meet you all. I did not have time to introduce myself as Priscus Galloway seemed to want to get to the meeting portion of the evening. And as he said, time is valuable." He sat back in his seat and continued listening.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread