Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1405) Ventrue Clan Meeting.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Katsuro Tomori

I had intended to have the acknowledgements for two new Ventrue done prior to this thread, but with Court getting underway, and computer issues (my hard drive died, borrowed a friends old laptop to keep things running) I'm not wanting to fall behind in things. We'll play this out as happening after the thread in The Lilly and assume that acknowledgement went smoothly, for practical purposes. I'm sure that's not a stretch

Once more August had arranged a room with Georgia bluebells in the belly of the Nox Poluli. A long boardroom-esque table sat in the center of the room and he had put a singular name card in front of the head of the table His Grace, Duke Clarke's title and last name was on that card, and to the right of this sat August, enjoying the general ambiance and smell of the flowers.

At the bottom of the stairs in Avalon he had left the same directional sign that would be familiar to those who arrived at the last meeting, handwritten with the words My Esteemed Family, please meet in [Appropriate Room Number] set in plain view. He knew the letters he wrote had arrived properly and he had wasted no time in making everything set and ready about fifteen minutes before everyone was to show. That work done August simply sat in his typical dress, old style Southern Suit, three piece with a purple bowtie though no pocket kerchif this time and his family ring on his finger. There was also his briefcase open as the old Southerner waited, going over a few notes and paperwork as he waited for everyone to file in.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

2. Likes Phoenix, Yumyumcrow, Princess liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Aaaand just for the sake of thoroughness Asa Clarke Harold Thorne ; Bryan Reed ; Hildegarde Bingen ; Roderick Pearson ; Maximilian Calahan ; Edwin Bridges ; Josephine Sterling
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

With him and August now on good terms, it would be improper now to do anything to hinder one of his 'family get-togethers' that he was sure to be eagerly planning. Roderick made it a point to look as good as he did during Court. Black slacks, white and clean button up shirt, black jacket over it with Joslyn's diamond pressed into the lapel. Polished black shoes completed the look, but only helped to get him a strange look from the driver when the taxi pulled up to pick up the sharply dressed man standing at the edge of the farms and ranches around Sacramento.

Roderick arrived mostly promptly, nothing he could do about traffic and the like, and strode though the Nox Populi club with little haste but purpose, making his usual glances around the club to see who was looking at him. He did say that he would expand on his less violent approaches to feeding. Nothing would be wrong with trying it out at his usual haunt.

Heh... Haunt. Vampire. Roderick shook his head at the internal joke as he descended the stairs.

A short turn here and there, following Galloway's laid out directions and he was in the meeting room. And somehow in the boardroom of some Southerner's CEO Office. Oh right, Galloway was from Cajun country. With a nod of his head to the Princus who chose the obvious seat to the right of the Prince, Roderick took a seat further down the line. A place closer would have to be earned, as much as it irked him. To help pass the time, Roderick spoke with August, "I see you outdone yourself again, Princus Galloway." Roderick stressed the word for the respect the position brought as much for the freshness of it. "I hope you didn't allow any other matters to fall to the wayside while you dressed the room up."

W
    Walker

Harold arrived punctually, his black limousine disgorging him at the doors of the Nox Populi. Like always he dressed for the occasion, with a finely tailored three-piece suit of dark silk, italian leather shoes polished to a mirror shine. Overall, he looked more like he belonged in a multinational's boardroom or in some esclusive london gentleman's club rather than the current premisies. He didn't consider himself overdressed, power wasn't really power unless it was demonstrated, and what purer expression of power was there than wealth.

He decended to the meeting chamber, moving with at his customary pace, with all the slow purpose of an iceburg. It had been said back in LA that is Harold ever seemed in a hurry for something, they were all about to die, and there may have been a hint of truth in those rumors.

Speaking of LA, he spotted a face that he had not seen in a long, long time. He faintly remembered a scandal back when he lived in LA, of a rather overabitious ventrue who tried to fool around with the Prince of Hollywood, and the meetings that followed, in which they learned she had embraced without permission. He recognized the face of the man standing in the meeting hall from the pre-embrace images they had managed to obtain after his identity had been discovered, he also remembered the bounty posted on the man from the Prince of Hollywood. It really was a shame when people had such an obvious weakness, it made manipulating them almost too easy.

Not betraying the thoughts pinwheeling through his head, while he was pondering this newest development he gave a shallow bow to the priscus, showing the respect due to a superior while at the same time not compromising his own position above the man amongst the Invictus.

"Greetings, Priscus Galloway. I hope the night finds you well, I am Mister Thorne." He says by way of introduction. He turns to the other kindred, perfectly composed despite his less than benevolent thoughts about the man. "I don't belive we've been introduced, Mr. ...""

Katsuro Tomori

He gave Roderick a genuine look of enjoyment as he entered the room, standing and giving him a nod of respect. Mr. Pearson, I'm glad you made it, and first to arrive. You look excellent, I hope things have gone well for you recently?" at the mention of things falling by the wayside, he gave a chuckle. The man was still rough around the edges, but August seemed to pick up on what he hoped was a small joke between friends. "Oh, nothing falls by the wayside with me, I rarely sleep well dreams of things I haven't finished yet plague me daily. Speaking of, I'm hoping to introduce you to someone I feel may be valuable to you as a security enforcer, should that be a goal you still hold?"

Before he got to hear Rodericks response however he saw a large silhouette enter the room and gave a bow of equal proportions as he received from Mister Thorne. "Mr Pearson, Roderick Pearson. he said, taking the roll of host rather seriously. "Thank you for attending, Mister Thorne. I trust your nights have gone well since arriving? I had hoped to talk more with you on family matters before your first Clan Meet, but ah, what can you do?"

M

Roderick looked to the door when he heard the voice, raising an eyebrow as he tried to take in what he saw. More or less, a massive blob of a creature. Roderick let the pair take care of the formalities, giving just a nod in greeting to the rotund kindred before looking back to Galloway. "That is still something I wish to pursue, yes. So I would like to see who you have lined up. I'm hoping to fill the ranks with former military at first, then look into maybe taping in the corporate scene, maybe. You know of the Sotoha, I take it?" Best to keep things moving along and take care of things now before they get lost in the dance of pleasantries.

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

When Edwin arrived, he was a little unsure how the night was going to go. He wasn't the typical Lord with suits and such, more of street-level Lord, one that wasn't worried about getting his hands dirty and talking to those kine that could get him the information that made the Danse that much better.

And he wasn't about to change for no-one. Sure, he'd use the correct, respectful titles as was pointed out by Martha during her presentation but when it came to his bearing, his mannerisms, the package was not going to alter.

With a pair of denim jeans, his black boots and his leather jacket covering a checkered red and black shirt, the Rotgrafen followed the signs to the meeting room until he spotted the three cousins already present, and his Beast reacted automatically, wishing to test its strength against them, rising up inside. Taking a moment's pause to gather himself, Edwin continued to smile before taking another step closer.

"Gentlemen, nice night," he said by welcome before looking directly towards August. "Priscus, an honour once again."
    Scenes

Katsuro Tomori

As Roderick addressed him, he was about to answer, but just then the very man he had intended to introduce joined them.

"Ah, Mr. Bridges! Fantastic timing, wonderful to have you as always. Mr. Bridges is the gentleman I was about to brief you on. He has aspirations of gaining tenancy, and it's my understanding that he has the base skillset in terms of dealing with defensive matters. One tough customer and family to boot. I was hoping you two could discuss things at length when the chance occurs... the southerner rambled on.

"Mr. Bridges, may I introduce Mr. Pearson, and Mr. Thorne. I was just working out the specifics on helping you gain the recognition required for tenancy with Mr. Pearson here. I feel both your goals are mutually compatible, as it was my understanding you've had no troubles dealing with undesirables in the past? It was one of the points of this meeting, actually." he gave a gracious smile to the two as he made introductions and explanations. He hadn't answered Rodericks question of bloodlines, he was unfamiliar but perhaps he could make some inquiries and help narrow the field for Rodericks ambitions when the opportunity came 'round again as he was sure it would.

10. Likes West liked this post
    W
    Walker

Harold's almost permenant smile wavered for a second. Being stiffed by this Mr. Pearson was not an expected experience, he was used to greated civility amonst his clan. Silly boy, you will regret that. "Too true, Priscus Galloway, time does fly, doesn't it." He nodded in greeting to the new arrival, a Mr. Bridges, replying "Yes, it is, isn't it". When the discussion moved onto matters of business rather than ettiquete, he took a more active interest. These two seemed to have little experience with the subtlties of business, and Harold smelled the potential for money like a shark scenting blood.

"If it is the intent of you gentleman to begin the formation of a security consultancy, might I make the offer of investment, I do not set out to be rude, but you do not seem to have the neccecary fiscal liquidity to set up this venture, and I have a substantial interest in the mutual profit of our family, of course in return for a share of the eventual profits."

M

Roderick stood up when Galloway pointed out the rather rough man to be the one he wanted to introduce to the old soldier. Their beasts did the usual thing, snapping and growling as they marked territory. Roderick let his own play the game before he stamped it down. Best not to be rude to a potential co-worker. Roderick extended his hand to Bridges as he introduced himself fully, "Roderick Pearson, formerly a Sergeant of the US Army Rangers. Currently just a simple resident of Sacramento."

Thorne's offer of finances was not something that could so easily be overlooked compared to the exchange of pleasantries before, the old soldier looked to the large Kindred and nodded, "Indeed, the payment to be an Enlisted Soldier is not as rewarding as it used to be. Desk jockies are the ones that get most of it now." He let his old ire return for just a moment before continuing on. "I'm sure Princus Galloway can handle all of the details. I would prefer to handle the management of the troops.. or.. Security Officials." The old soldier chuckled and shrugged as he corrected himself.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread