Ended
Watch

First Impressions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

He wasn't nervous, and he definitely wasn't going to try and be someone he wasn't for this. Still, it was his first meet and greet as First Talon. And he wasn't nervous.

Leo paced the stone foyer of the Circle of Creation as he waited for the new person. 'Anubis. Likely Moros, which means Death and Matter. Maybe he has a rote or two to trade.' He took a deep breathe as his thoughts helped distract him from how not nervous he was. Or how wrong this felt without her.

The double doors to the full sized replica of Westminster Abbey were locked, as they always were. Leo continued his pacing, waiting for the knock that would finally get this show moving and save him from his mind.

2 suxx Life Armor, 4 suxx Prime Sight, both cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-10 00:14:57 Leo Lockheart rolls 9 to Supernal Vision (Wits+Occ+Prime+2 HS-2 Duration factor) (10 Again) 8, 1, 8, 2, 10, 9, 2, 7, 5, 6 4 successes
    2014-04-10 00:14:02 Leo Lockheart rolls 5 to Organic Resilience (Sta+Ath+Life+2 HS-2 duration factor-2 retry) (10 Again) 2, 6, 10, 2, 9, 1 2 successes
    2014-04-10 00:13:37 Leo Lockheart rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Sta+Ath+Life+2 HS-2 duration factor-1 retry) (10 Again) 5, 4, 3, 7, 3, 2 failure
    2014-04-10 00:13:03 Leo Lockheart rolls 7 to Organic Resilience (Sta+Ath+Life+2 HS-2 duration factor) (10 Again) 2, 5, 6, 7, 3, 3, 5 failure

R
    Record

As suggested, Anubis comes unarmed.

The whole... replica of Westminster Abbey thing was impressive, he wasn't going to pretend it wasn't. Anubis was cool though, felt a little naked without at least a stick tucked into his leather jacket, but he wasn't going to meet the First Talon immeadiatly after ignoring his suggestion.

He looks around before rapping sharply on the doors and then stepping back a step.

Armor 1 potency & Sight 4 potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-05 20:35:56 Anubis rolls 6 to Grim Sight ( 6 rote +2 speech -2 duration) (10 Again) 10, 10, 7, 7, 8, 4, 9, 1 4 successes
    2014-04-05 20:35:17 Anubis rolls 6 to Entropic Guard ( 6 rote +2 speech -2 duration) (10 Again) 6, 7, 8, 3, 6, 1 1 success

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo froze at the rapping on the door. With a deep breathe he walked over to open it. The door cracked open just an inch, and the man who gazed out at Anubis stood just over six feet tall. His one visible eye scanned the man, evaluating him. 'Definitely not the mailman.'

"State your name and business please." The First Talon's tone was firm and commanding enough that Anubis could tell it was an order, not a request.

R
    Record

Being 6' 3" himself, the new arrival matched the one eyed evaluation with his own. He wondered if the door the other man was covered by was reinforced somehow, if this was standard greeting procedure maybe a security camera and intercom setup would be more secure.

He recognized the voice from the phone. "Anubis. I was sent to deliver some archery supplies." His leather jacket creaks just a bit as he shifts his weight, waiting for a response. Did the First Talon expect him to salute out in public?

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Inside." The First Talon opened the door the rest of the way and let the newcomer in. "I got another on the way, so we won't be going on the tour just yet."

As Anubis makes his way into the Circle, he notices the grand architecture extended just as much to the interior. A glass wall with a doorway separated the foyer from the area leading into the Sanctuary. Arcades line either side of the open space, and stained glass windows brought in a natural colored light that seemed to bring a touch of the Supernal down to the Fallen world. When Anubis looks to the right, he sees a large wooden door. When he looks to the left, he sees a stone wall with a keypad.

Once the new guys is inside Leo closes the door and stands by it. "So what brings you to Sacramento?"

R
    Record

Anubis nods when the First Talon tells him that they're waiting up for someone else. He gives the foyer a look over, the place seemed pretty churchy. Not really his thing, but it wasn't like whoever set it up did it with his tastes in mind, was it? "Thought I could do some good here," Anubis replies to Leo's question. "I never planned on sticking around Detroit all my life, so after initiation I asked around about places where I could afford rent and that could use me." He shrugged, "And I always wanted to see California."

He taps his chest, indicating that he's got something under his jacket that he'd like to take out but doesn't want Leo to mistake for a weapon. "I have a letter from those who oversaw my training, if you would like to see it."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

A short trip to the library, an internet search, and a tense bus ride brought Avis a short walk away from the circle. She went through a few toothpicks as she walked, her jaw feeling restless while her mind rehearsed dialogue for the meet 'n greet. She knew it was a pointless exercise. She had no idea what to expect, but she liked to think it helped keep her thinking a bit more agile. If nothing else, her jaw was getting a workout. The fourth toothpick of the afternoon was placed between her lips, it's predecessor joining it's brethren in a plastic baggy in her pocket, as she came within sight of the Circle of Creation. She ended up walking past it at first, expecting the building she was looking for to be far less grandiose and certainly more circular. So yeah, maybe she still had a ways to go where mental agility was concerned, though a quick address check confirmed she was where she needed to be.

"Holy fuck," she muttered, staring at the massive front of the Circle. If this is what the Sacramento chapter had to work with, and they were losing people, it meant Sac-town really was deep in the shit. Or correction: she was now deep in the shit. That thought jogging her towards her more paranoid senses she brought up her prime eyes and a pattern of misdirection before stalking up the steps to the front door. "Can't be helped now," she rationalized flatly. This was, after all, why she'd come.

She raised a fist and pounded out a quick rapport on the wood.

Prime Sight, 2 potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-16 17:36:07 Avis rolls 5 to Prime Sight (wits3+occ1+prime1) (10 Again) 9, 8, 5, 3, 2 2 successes
      Misperception, 2 potency
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-16 17:38:57 Avis rolls 6 to Misperception (Gnos3+mind3) (10 Again) 1, 6, 6, 9, 8, 4 2 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Cool." The First Talon smiled as he began to move over to accept the letter when the pulse of magic fell over the Circle. Twice. Eyes narrow on the letter, then Anubis before the rapping at the door.

The First Talon turns and cracks the door open, back to closed one of the double doors. Eyes darted back and forth from Anubis to Avis before settling on the new woman. "State your name and business."

Anubis can roll Perception. On a success he notices a bump on Leo's lower back.

R
    Record

perception failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-16 23:16:47 Anubis rolls 6 to Perception (6 base) (10 Again) 7, 1, 4, 6, 5, 5 failure

Anubis had his hand inside his jacket when he felt the taste of lead in the back of his throat. As Leo turns back to the door, he puts the letter back and keeps an eye on the scene coming together before him.

Casually he drops his hands to his side, relaxed and ready should he need to act.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis blinked at Leo through the crack in the door and fought off the urge to cross her arms or slip her hands into her pockets. Instead she slowly reached up and removed the toothpick from her mouth, meeting the other Talon's stare.

"The first ones easy: I'm Avis. Second one's a bit harder. My business today is meeting you, I'm pretty sure," she said, gesturing with the pick at Leo's chest. "Business in general is, uh, fighting the good fight. To be concise." The words now said, she dropped her gaze to Leo's torso. Partly it was to be observant of any physical tells, but mostly she felt uncomfortable meeting the other Talon's gaze for long. He stood inside a grand building, demanding answers. She stood with all her possessions in a backpack, unshowered in faded, old clothes. Yeah, it was Sleeper shit, being concerned with those things, but old habits died hard.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread