Watch

Cedar Fields and Edwin

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/...s_Funeral_Home

The journey in the taxi is, at best, frantic.

Martha's demeanor shifts between watching from the window for some threat. She chatters nervously about the mundane world...chatting about the Ukraine...worrying Russian expansionist ideals...the parallels one might conceivably draw to the opening days of World War Two...the strange acceleration of the numbers of self-immolation in Tibet...did the Nazi's have a viable nuclear weapons project...?

She chatters with enthusiasm...just as eager to hear Edwin's views on these matters as she is to talk about them herself. These are all topics she's keen to return to.

Tiny Martha fiddles with her false knee, though the joint is well hidden by her lack thigh-high boot. She fiddles with her cane and cloak too.

Once at the end of the ride, she struggles to get out of the taxi and

Outside of Cedar Fields the stone walkways are clean and smooth leading up to the wooden overhang which protects visitors from the elements as they wait to enter the building.

A brass doorbell is tastefully displayed to the right of the door.

In the corner of the overhang, almost out of sight, is a small camera watching the entryway vigilantly. The gardens' bright flowers lay the air thick with aromas.

Forn Clakes Psychangel
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The moment Edwin stepped from Nox alongside the petite Herald, he slipped his leather jacket on, covering his tattooed arms, and placed his black cap upon his head, the peak high. Finally, he removed a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and very slowly, deliberately, placed them over his hazel eyes. Sure, he didn't need them, it was nighttime after all, but some habits died hard.

As the taxi pulled up, the Lord smiled as he opened the door for Martha.

Along the journey, Edwin kept his eyes open, glancing from the interior whilst paying attention to what the Herald as talking about, smiling along with her exuberance and even though he didn't really understand what she was explaining, he never once looked bored.

When it came to 80's rock bands, Edwin could talk the hind legs of a donkey.

Reaching the destination, the Lord exited the taxi, paying for the trip and aided Martha wherever he could. After the taxi pulled away, Edwin chuckled. "Well, that was definitely an experience. I think one of my first tasks in the next few nights will be getting a car of my own!"

Walking up the footpath, Edwin felt funeral home looked quite beautiful from first glance, and was not afraid to express his feelings. "By Hel, such a peaceful place to come when it is one's final destination."

Edwin, still smiling, looks to Martha as he removes the glasses and hooks them over the neckline of his Iron Maiden Trooper tee.

"Shall we?"
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha seemed to rely more on Edwin's help once she struggled from the taxi. Nodding her thanks as he paid the cabbie and helped her.

She smiled as he spoke and...in doing so, Martha seemed to relax in some undefined way.

"Peaceful indeed! I do so enjoy visiting here!" she offers a smile and, limping to the door, she studies the plants and flowers along the way. Inspecting them with a smile.

Though she owns this place she decides not to startle Emma and politely presses the bell to signal their arrival.

Playfully she swishes her cloak and shrugs;
    "Don't want to spook her by simply popping through the door!" she giggles.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin couldn't help but chuckle heartily at Martha's joke, although a part of him wondered if the Herald could literally pop through the door.

Because that would be so damn cool.

The Lord's eyes glanced around for any eavesdroppers. Content it appeared clear, he looked back to the petite Herald. "May I ask, is Cedar Fields considered a safe place, Miss Villiers?"
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Hmm..." she pondered, tapping a gloved finger to her lips in thought, "...in some ways, yes...but not in the strictest sense I think you mean, sir. But, I will say this...this facility has many uses." she nods knowingly and smiles sweetly.

Emma French

PRE

Emma hears the bell and checks the monitor. Martha and guest. hmmmm should be Interesting. She runs up stairs to greet them. "Martha, so good to see you." Emma's voice is warm and inviting. Then she turns to the guest, "Hello, I'm Emma, Dr. Emma French." She offers he hand in a friendly and open gesture. In the back of her mind she is trying to remember if she has fresh flowers in her office and if she has any lemonade in the fridge.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin simply nods in reply to Martha's words, understanding their meaning completely. "Good to know," he smiles, his voice rumbling with a distinctive husky bass. As the door opens, the Lord deftly removes the cap by gripping the peak, looking into the eyes of the woman who has greeted them.

Inside, the Beast strains, kept on its leash by the Man as much as Edwin can manage. He smiles openly, and honestly, his manner one of candor, covering the raging turmoil that occurs with most unknown elements.

When she offers her hand, Edwin gladly accepts, inclining his head out of respect of the Doctor.

"A pleasure, Dr. French. I am Edwin Bridges, very recently recognised, quite graciously, by Miss Villiers," the Lord states, keeping the handshake lingering whilst he introduces himself, the slight aroma of a fresh meadow somewhat comforting. "Might I add, what a peaceful surrounding you have, Doctor."
    Scenes

Emma French

PRE

Emma's green eyes crinkle as she smiles. Beyond them she can see the spring flowers in the various garden areas. "Thank you Mr. Bridges."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods a respectful greeting to Emma. Smiling happily, she nods as Emma makes her own introductions.

"Good evening, Doctor! It is good to see you, as always!" is all she has time for before Emma and Edwin begin to chat.

Staying quiet, Martha hobbles along behind them both. Nodding as they talk and taking care to make certain all is well at Cedar Fields.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Inclining his head at the words from the Savage, Edwin smiles graciously. "May we come in, Doctor? Miss Villiers was just telling me that Cedar Fields has many uses. I was hoping to learn more, that is if we're not interrupting?"
    Scenes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread