Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Ack: Edwin Bridges

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out new arrivals by discreetly directly Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle, to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Martha's costume and attire for the evening seems almost fully black. A long velvet hooded cloak. Her cane is resting across her lap. She's shunned her Blush of Life.

As she sits, it's obvious that she's wearing a pair of thigh high boots and her left leg is sticking out quite firmly. Her sturdy leather opera gloves are also obvious.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the Marvel Universe Martha's dressed as Selene, the psychic vampire Black Queen of the Hellfire Club.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

Martha is currently, carefully, delicately, pondering the instruction leaflet and basic plastic parts and sprues of the new 'Fine Molds' 1:48 scale model of a TIE fighter from Star Wars...

@Forn Clakes

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

The Lord hadn't simply stumbled upon Nox, oh no. Instead, he'd gone out for a few nights and simply...listened. The streets had their own ways, and if there was one thing....two things, actually, three things Edwin was good at, it was understanding rumours that slipped easily from mouth to mouth. Nox Populi. As he entered the club, the music caused the Acolyte to nod his head in time to the beat. Sure, it wasn't his usual favoured genre, but music was music. It would do. When he was ushered down the stairs to the underground area, away from the kine, Edwin didn't resist. Instead, he internally thanked whomever the owner was for such discretion.

Wearing a pair of black leather pants, high-topped open boots and an Iron Maiden t-shirt, showing off his tattooed arms. Naturally, it had to be the Trooper. It was simply one of the best metal albums ever made, and the album artwork was simply legendary. Hel, once Edwin inked some dude's entire back with the design of the album cover. Iconic, indeed.

Carrying his leather jacket in hand, Edwin glanced around the Court and as his hazel eyes spotted the sweet and innocent form of Martha, and immediately he smiled. He also removed the black baseball cap he'd been wearing, out of respect and simple good-manners. He may be nothing more than a street thug but his Mother had taught Edwin manners.

"Good evening," Edwin began, his voice matching the dark interior of the lighting, perhaps a tad more brooding than he realised, or aimed for. However, he couldn't help himself. The outfit of the petite woman before him kinda struck the correct tone in his heart and, whomever she was, looked pretty damn awesome. "I'm Edwin, Edwin Bridges, or simply Eddie to my friends. I was directed down here by the upstairs staff. They must've noticed I'm a bit of a new arrival to the city," Edwin chuckled, lightly, trying to break the ice. "Would you be able to help me?"

His eyes briefly flickered to the model on the table. He'd remembered going to see the original Star Wars at the theatre back in '77 but it hadn't been his deal. Unlike The Warriors however. Now that was a movie.
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha lay down her instruction sheet and briskly rubbed at her false leg. Offering Edwin a happy smile, she found herself blinking with a mix of emotions at the sight of the skeletal trooper, the flag of the Union and the soldier's scarlet tunic on his t-shirt.

It was nice of him to remove his cap and she nodded to him in acknowledgement of that.

"Mr Bridges!" she chirps, still rubbing at her leg with one hand and gesturing to invite Edwin to be seated with the other, "Good evening, Mr Bridges! I should like very much to have cause to call you Eddie! My name is Miss Martha Villiers...I shall be delighted to help with all your questions! Do, please be seated!" another happy, shy, smile.

She scouted out Edwin's leather jacket...his attire and confident demeanor...it signaled a man confident with himself and the world.

But, she knew enough to know that appearances aren't the totality of people.

"I have the honor to serve His Grace, the Alder Asa Clarke...the Invictus Prince of this Domain, as his Herald, Seneschal and Acting-Keeper." she smiles, clearly humbled by her titles.

Leaning close to confide a pro-tip to Eddie, whispering,
    "The Invictus are vigilant for the proper use of titles...I'd recommend getting into a habit of doing so...I prefer to be addressed, in formal settings, as Herald Villiers...but, let us start with some gentle informality!" she giggles merrily and very animated eye contact.

Leaning away for a moment to rub at her stiff leg and gesture to the lemonade, she asks,
    "Might I interest you in a tumbler of lemonade, sir? It is freshly made!" another happy giggle.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

5. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

With the honest smile still upon his features, Edwin gladly took the offered seat but not before hanging his coat over the rear of the proffered seat, wondering just how a person could be so chirpy an individual. Admittedly, he'd met quite a few happy people in his time but that was more due to the narcotics and alcohol they'd imbibed. Although, in truth, who knew what they had been seeing.

"My thanks, Miss Villiers," Edwin replied following Martha's little tip regarding titles in the Domain. It would be a matter he'd definitely have to learn those asap. "I'll do my very best not to anger or upset anyone inappropriately," the Lord added with a slight chuckle that was deeper than the Herald's innocent giggle.

At mention of the lemonade, Edwin paused, looking towards the drink. A wistful look entered his hazel eyes.

"I'd...love some!," Edwin replied with a grin before apologizing for the sudden enthusiasm. "In all my years, I've never been offered lemonade. Everyone assumes I'd much rather prefer something with a bit more kick to it."

Tattooist, gang leader, Secret lemonade drinker.

As he waited for the drink, Edwin asked, "If I may be so bold as to say, Miss Villiers, I simply think your outfit is completely awesome."
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and begins to pour a glass of freshly made lemonade for Edwin, handing it to him with gentility and a nod of sincere respect.

"A kick to it? Oh, I see!" she seems to catch his drift and nods, giggles and is both happy and amused.

His sudden praise for her outfit brings a wider smile.
    "Oh! I say! Thank you, kindly, sir!" she giggles. "Your boldness is fully forgiven for such kind words!" she giggles and seems in good spirits...and clearly delighted at his words.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin inclined his head in welcome, the smile still present, a chuckle escaping his lips. The piercing in his lips clinks slightly against the glass tumbler as he sips the fresh lemonade. As the taste lingers on his tongue, the Lord briefly closes his eyes, savouring the fantastic flavour.

"By Hel..." he mutters, taking a bigger mouthful before placing the tumbler down where available, making sure to avoid any paperwork or model sprues. "That is quite something, thank you."
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Seeing him actually enjoy the lemonade Martha can only clap her hands in glee...as though she seems to have made an instant friend for Unlife by this simple act.

Her smile widens when she sees the consideration he has for the careful placing of the tumbler.

Bright eyed, she watches Edwin with obviously excited care and respect.

"You are very welcome, sir!" she replies to his kind thanks.

"I'm always keen to speak with new arrivals, sir...so, please, speak freely and ask what you wish and talk upon topics and subjects that interest and excite you! I assure you, I shall not be bored! I'm here to help you, sir! Helping you settle into this Domain will be, I have every confidence, most delightful!" she smiles and takes a moment to bashfully fuss with the hem of her long black cloak.

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Well," Edwin begins, taking a moment to lean back in his seat and fully relax, letting his hands rest upon his lap, "I'm a tattooist by trade, always have been, ever since growing up in Santa Monica back in the Seventies. I was enamored by the rock and roll lifestyle, always wanted to get into a band," he chuckled, thinking back in time. "But as much as I tried, my skill definitely lay with inking, so that's what I focused on. Most of my own tattoos are my own designs," he stated proudly, raising his arms slightly so they were removed from the shadows and caught the low lighting.

"Obviously, I know tattooing isn't for everyone but there's something about the feeling of the needle scratching the skin that grows strangely addictive."

Edwin pauses, eyes not leaving the petite Shadow. The enthusiasm in his face was obvious, not one for easily hiding his emotions. "However, is there anything in particular you would care to know about me, Miss Villiers?"
    Scenes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens and is obviously attentive. her hands folded in a demure way in her lap. She nods and asks, bright eyed, "You're clearly talented, sir! It all sounds most fascinating and I have lots of questions...but, first...I should very much like to know more about the designs of which you are most proud!" she enthuses...studying his arms and the tattoos thereon.

Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

"Of course," Edwin says, happy to showcase his work. He pulls away the collar of his tee to reveal a shark tattoo on the right hand side of his neck. "This one represents a group of friends of mine who used to hang around Santa Monica pier during the early Eighties. We called ourselves the Sharks, which was kinda corny," Edwin chuckled, rolling his eyes at the memory.

He then lifts the left sleeve of his tee shirt, where a woman's face is displayed, half angelic, half dead. "The Norse Goddess, Hel, whom I tend to find some appeal." He didn't say worship. Edwin wanted to gauge how the Circle was viewed in Sacramento before letting loose his beliefs.

Finally, standing to lift his tee and reveal a solid frame, where a skull and old-school microphone was inked onto his side. He shrugged with a smirk. "Some dreams are hard to end, even beyond death. Maybe one night, I'll get my wish."
    Scenes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread